Michael Bennett's Plans

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Post Super Bowl Parade clip.
[youtube]X5GECEwgd4Y[/youtube]

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
According to what he said during his interview what he really wants to do is "retire as a Seahawk". He seems pretty impressed with the whole outpouring of support :th2thumbs:

themunn

Reaction score
Haha Hawaii. Michael Bennett and his hatred of wearing shoes

niveky

Reaction score
man i hope michael bennett is still here next season. I know i'm probably going to work that into a lot of posts...but even though he was just here this year after getting lost in the practice squad shuffle a few years ago...there are a lot of strong personalities and fan favorites like Wilson, Thomas, Sherman, Chancellor, Lynch, Bryant, Baldwin, Tate, etc......but just the way he has embraced this team and this city and the real impact you could tell the parade and ceremony at C-Link hit him.....he really wants to be a Seahawk to the end of his career..he says it, but there are plenty of players that say things like that about their current team, but it's not too often that you believe it with as much conviction as you do as you see Bennett talking on the mike in the stadium after the ceremony. It really sucks to like a single seahawks player so much when there is a chance they won't be back...and what really sucks is when there are at least a handful that could fit in that group...

it is ironic how i feel about Bennett considering what Clemons has done for us for so long and what a strong team player and leader he has been in the past. Definitely if Bennett is retained that will be writing on the wall for Clemons unless he does a big restructure...if they keep Bennett they can still slide Irvin in as a pass rusher in their rotation and still move him around and get him more snaps between that and lb. we all know backups and situational players for the seahawks, especially when having a big tool box, will still get on the field plenty. When he was opposite of just Clemons as the only other rusher he still did pretty well and now with so many options on the d-line I feel he could still have a home there. I feel like that has been Pete's plan all along to be able to use Irvin as a piece wherever he might be needed in the front seven at any given time.

sorry to hijack the thread.....although not really so much a hijack despite the video due to the title of the op lol