49ers could be our opening night opponent

tooshort

Reaction score
Thursday Night season opening Hawks v. Broncs Superbowl rematch

Sunday Night week two Hawks at Niners stadium opening Championship game Rematch.

Mid Season Hawks v. Pack Monday night game "Hail Mary" rematch (the media will spell hail wrong)

Week 17 Hawks v. Niners.

If these things don't happen I will be disappointed and the league will be missing out on ratings GOLD.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
tooshort":2k1fcu09 said:

Sunday Night week two Hawks at Niners stadium opening Championship game Rematch.

Mid Season Hawks v. Pack Monday night game "Hail Mary" rematch (the media will spell hail wrong)

Week 17 Hawks v. Niners.

If these things don't happen I will be disappointed and the league will be missing out on ratings GOLD.

I don't know that the NFL would risk Week 17 on a Hawks vs. Whi9ers matchup... I honestly think that we are going to lock up the West sooner. I could definitely see Hawks vs. Cards though...

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
MrCarey":18rdkris said:
I mean, it HAS to be the Broncos, right?

Week 1? Yeah, I think that's a given... but then again, the SF/SEA game may be a bigger draw... you know, 43-8 after all...

Thinking about it, I'll take SF at home week 1 on Thursday Night Football. That would be amazing.

DanBug22

Reaction score
Dunno if this is 100% legit, but one of the centurylink crew told me it's hawks hosting the packers Thursday night! He told me that at the centurylink celebration after it was over.

I said that the schedule wasn't released yet and he just winked at me. Then he told me it's the honest truth from what he was told.

We host the packers next year so either way he has a 1/8 shot haha

GoHawks

seadoc30

Reaction score
Want 49ers first week. Gets them to a losing star will be nice.. Also Bowman might not be back till then.

tooshort

Reaction score
KINGGRUMPY":3fdvbmd2 said:
tooshort":3fdvbmd2 said:

Week 17 Hawks v. Niners.

I don't know that the NFL would risk Week 17 on a Hawks vs. Whi9ers matchup... I honestly think that we are going to lock up the West sooner. I could definitely see Hawks vs. Cards though...

I see the week 17 storyline as "will the Hawks play their starters to knock the Niners out of the Playoffs?" still a Marquee matchup,yes?

TDBinOLY

Reaction score
DanBug22":2yq0i4qm said:
Dunno if this is 100% legit, but one of the centurylink crew told me it's hawks hosting the packers Thursday night! He told me that at the centurylink celebration after it was over.

I said that the schedule wasn't released yet and he just winked at me. Then he told me it's the honest truth from what he was told.

We host the packers next year so either way he has a 1/8 shot haha

GoHawks
Damn good game if true!

seabowl

Reaction score
tooshort":3a6pck9o said:
KINGGRUMPY":3a6pck9o said:
tooshort":3a6pck9o said:

Week 17 Hawks v. Niners.

I see the week 17 storyline as "will the Hawks play their starters to knock the Niners out of the Playoffs?" still a Marquee matchup,yes?

Not sure if you are all joking with this stuff but if you are not..... Let's wait and see who we retain before making predictions. Also we won a lot of close games last year that we could have easily lost, Texans, Bucs etc... You never know how those games will go from year to year.

PS if you were kidding then never mind.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
How great would it be for the Whiners to be forced to watch us raise our World Champs banner? I can see the contipated look on Harbaughs mug already

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I would be almost 100% certain we are playing in SF for their opener. AT least that matchup makes sense for me, I dont know what you guys think. Then we will play SF later in the season at the CLINK. It would be sweet to host them week 1 and they could watch all the superbowl celebration things.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
YOUR World Champion Seattle Seahawks hosting the Packers makes the most sense to me. Prior champion, meet current champion. Let's see what you got.

The NFL should save the Whiners games and the Donkeys game until later in the season.

Those three games willl be big viewer ratings draws irrespective of when we play them.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
seadoc30":3v8530x8 said:
Want 49ers first week. Gets them to a losing star will be nice.. Also Bowman might not be back till then.

Week 2-4, would be nice for me just like this year. You definitely find out a lot of kinks you need to work out in week 1 (the same goes for the opposing team), but either way I'd rather get those opening kinks discovered against a weaker opponent first.

That also being said, week 2 for Niners are a home game, and I don't want our first game against them to be their home opener in a new stadium.

p.s. I'm not afraid of the Niners, but I do respect them as a good team. The scores between the two teams have been getting closer and closer regardless of where the game has been played the last two times they played.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we get the Packers week one and we open Levis stadium on Sunday night week two, actually