Seahawk Logo on Tankers

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I was watching my local NWCN tv this morning while drinking my morning joe and happened to see a story where the Airmen came back from deployment to Afghanistan. What I did not fail to notice is on the Tankers behind the airmen was the name of the base they are stationed at...Fairchild. Ya..but so what??? Well on that Fairchild block of lettering was a Seahawk logo beak on the aircraft tail. I tried to find the story on NWCN but was not able to see it. I thought that would be interesting to us in the forum. Great day to all.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Yep, the Hawks Logo has been on these tails for years. I'm stationed here at Fairchild. Rumor has it that the base got permission from Nordstrom to do it

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":135b4sdg said:
Yep, the Hawks Logo has been on these tails for years. I'm stationed here at Fairchild. Rumor has it that the base got permission from Nordstrom to do it
They've been on there for a long time, eh?

Interesting.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Wish they could have done that with the 92nd BMW aircraft we had there. Would have been a good thing to see when we had them fly over us for a TV story. Good days back then.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Awesome Chief. I think it needs a green eye???? LOL

London...it is on the link I provided in the video. Thank you to Radish for pointing me in the right direction. :)

Kaiser

Reaction score
When i was in the usmc i drove by the VMAQ-4 buildigs every day. Their nickname: seahawks, their logo: old silver scared seahawk. Made me feel good.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
A London Hawk":q1ipm5e8 said:
Couldn't find a tail shot with the logo on but they also use the new logo as part of the banner for their base newsletter and what appears to be an older one on engine intake covers when the planes are parked up.

http://www.fairchild.af.mil/shared/medi ... 6P-001.jpg

If you look closely, you will see the Seahawks head at the top of the tail. Also, all the logos on base are the old school logo

Seafan

Reaction score
I was riding in one of the tankers over the Pacific, refueling fighter jets as we traveled in tandem with another tanker from Fairchild in 1986. I looked out the window and saw the Seahawk logo on the tail and took a picture of it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing but when I read Fairchild it made sense. I entered the picture in a Air Force photo contest on base and got 2nd place.

The Radish

Reaction score
I caught this on the news when our guys were returning to Fairchild here in Spokane. Our version was KREM but wager all stations carried it here.

Proud they have been repping all these years.

:th2thumbs:

The Radish

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":38cr0ovv said:
Radish, you stationed here too?

Sorry Dawg, they didn't have military when I was young. lol

I live here. Sounds like you are tho.

:les:

The Radish

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":22fg4fjh said:

Well then this fall when we plan a .net get together for a Sunday, Monday, or Thursday night game you'll have to attend.

Trying to get all the Spokane .net members together at least once a year.

:les:

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I will be game for that. I deploy in a month and should be back mid September. Where do u all usually meet up?