Stephen A. & Skip Bayless defend Sherman in Hall argument

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Funny to see these clowns ragging on DeAngelo Hall and siding with Sherman, buahahaha. :lol:

[youtube]2l6fxUlsX04[/youtube]

davidonmi

Reaction score
Wait so skip now says maxwell is a good player? Just a few weeks ago he was referring to him in a who's he? Tone. Shows how little research those clowns do. Woodson has a point about following WR's, but I agree with him in the end sherm will be the highest paid corner

Atradees

Reaction score
The first vid was awesome because it seemed to defend a great players ability. The second I was embarrassed for Sherman.

This is about his growing ego.

Northhawk

Reaction score
These two morons symbolize everything that is wrong with sports media today - sensationalistic, pretentious, uninformed, full of themselves, say anything for ratings etc...

Don't get me wrong there are some good analysts and talking heads out there but there are more bad ones than good and these guys represent the worst of the bunch.

Subzero717

Reaction score
ESPN has become a total shard factory. I watch PTI because they talk about whats happening or has happened. I wont go on defending them, I'll just say I enjoy the show. The rest is junk. When Sportscenter is running a "Should Cowboys trade Romo" as legitmate news on a show thats supposed to be scores and highlights, its over. Dont get me started on them televising talk radio, numbers dont lie, sportsnation or the other BS they churn out daily.

byau

Reaction score
I like Mike and Mike. They are pretty down to Earth.

Best of Mike and Mike podcast:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/pod ... id=2445552

p.s. for those that want to relive the awesomeness: the podcast that goes farthest back on the archive page is the one on 2/3/2014: that's right: Monday right after the Super Bowl, including a special podcast with all the Seahawks interviews they had!

Subzero717

Reaction score
byau":w3y8vgwy said:

p.s. for those that want to relive the awesomeness: the podcast that goes farthest back on the archive page is the one on 2/3/2014: that's right: Monday right after the Super Bowl, including a special podcast with all the Seahawks interviews they had!

Mike and Mike are decent enough guys but I wouldnt really put them in the sports talk category. They ramble about stupid stuff and outside of Golic and football they are clueless. Just my opinion.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3c7r8g2n said:
[youtube]j6x-O3kb1sI[/youtube]

Yeah Sherman looks really bad in this video. This was getting passed around on Facebook by opposing fans to show how classless he is. I couldn't defend this one.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
The only reason he looks bad in that video, to me, is because he looks tired. IIRC he had done a NFL AM piece and then this afterwards. If you are referring to what he says then I can't get behind that argument because I thought he (Sherman) did the right thing telling Skip off.

KK84

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1lzo5qpf said:
byau":1lzo5qpf said:

Mike and Mike are decent enough guys but I wouldnt really put them in the sports talk category. They ramble about stupid stuff and outside of Golic and football they are clueless. Just my opinion.

Yeah. They're more entertainment than serious sports talk.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Atradees":2cxkuo7b said:
The first vid was awesome because it seemed to defend a great players ability. The second I was embarrassed for Sherman.

This is about his growing ego.

Don't ever be embarrassed for someone else and their ego. You would do well to study and learn from that person, and understand that the need for acceptance from others is the worst sort of mental weakness.

It's really a problem in the Northwest. Maybe it's just a hippy thing. I'd never seen or heard that growing up in Los Angeles - so many people who need so badly to be accepted and liked by others. And then condemn those who don't.

Great people like Richard Sherman are great BECAUSE they don't care what you or anyone else think about them or their life choices. That's how he was able to elevate himself from the ghetto to the NFL Hall of Fame (oh yes, he will be a first-ballot). I guarantee he was surrounded by gangs growing up, people telling him he'd never play in the NFL, he'd be a failure, etc. It was his strength of mind and strength of character that allowed him to ignore those voices and reach such great heights.

Don't try to drag others down to your standards of mediocrity and then act as if you are morally superior.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
HansGruber":31s12972 said:
I'd never seen or heard that growing up in Los Angeles - so many people who need so badly to be accepted and liked by others. And then condemn those who don't.

This is the funniest thing I've read in days.

So there's no vanity or emotional neediness in LA. There's no desire to show off, to be popular, to attend self-serving galas or publicity events. There's no pandering or politicking or grubbing for awards at all. And there's certainly no global industry based in northern LA that is synonymous with these traits.

Oh, and there's definitely no looking down on people who rebuff superficial trends and red-carpet posturing. That just doesn't happen in LA. Good to know.

Hippies in the PNW are the real emotional hypocrites, starved for affection and bitter towards those who aren't.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I get the gist of what you're saying (don't be hypocritical, and don't worry about others' opinions of your life choices) and I know LA is a big place, but if you haven't "seen or heard" people needy for acceptance there... I dunno. Let's not pretend it's a problem exclusively endemic to the PNW, though. Criticism of Sherman's appearance on First Take came from everywhere, not just up here.

Also, not wanting a person who represents Seattle to come across as a selfish jerk is not a "standard of mediocrity." Sounds more like a standard of decency, sociability, self-awareness, and self-control. It doesn't bother me personally that Sherman gave an obstinate loudmouth a taste of his own medicine. It does irk me when an entire region gets an unfair psychological assessment, especially when the comparative city is home to an industry that runs on vanity and excess of ego.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":3ugq38on said:
HansGruber":3ugq38on said:
I'd never seen or heard that growing up in Los Angeles - so many people who need so badly to be accepted and liked by others. And then condemn those who don't.

This is the funniest thing I've read in days.

So there's no vanity or emotional neediness in LA. There's no desire to show off, to be popular, to attend self-serving galas or publicity events. There's no pandering or politicking or grubbing for awards at all. And there's certainly no global industry based in northern LA that is synonymous with these traits.

Oh, and there's definitely no looking down on people who rebuff superficial trends and red-carpet posturing. That just doesn't happen in LA. Good to know.

Hippies in the PNW are the real emotional hypocrites, starved for affection and bitter towards those who aren't.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I get the gist of what you're saying (don't be hypocritical, and don't worry about others' opinions of your life choices) and I know LA is a big place, but if you haven't "seen or heard" people needy for acceptance there... I dunno. Let's not pretend it's a problem exclusively endemic to the PNW, though. Criticism of Sherman's appearance on First Take came from everywhere, not just up here.

Also, not wanting a person who represents Seattle to come across as a selfish jerk is not a "standard of mediocrity." Sounds more like a standard of decency, sociability, self-awareness, and self-control. It doesn't bother me personally that Sherman gave an obstinate loudmouth a taste of his own medicine. It does irk me when an entire region gets an unfair psychological assessment, especially when the comparative city is home to an industry that runs on vanity and excess of ego.

Excellent response! Completely agree!