Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Still way to painful. No way.

Votes: 58 79.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
I need therapy for this one.

I have people in my family who have not seen the atrocity that was Super Bowl XL* and I feel I have to shownthe injustice.

On the other hand... Its still painful to watch.

What say you guys?

For anyone interested its on NFL network replay this Sunday at Midnight.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
It doesnt show any of the penalties quite the same as the original broadcast so all those plays that made you say WHAT THE HELL are not there

Largent80

Reaction score
Seriously?......Why bother, if you like pain, go buy a dominatrix outfit, and take it to the local library. Find the gal working there with the black glasses and present the costume to her. Way more fun than XL.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawxfreak":2kz6c071 said:
It doesnt show any of the penalties quite the same as the original broadcast so all those plays that made you say WHAT THE HELL are not there
Didn't know that. Not surprised though. NFL doesn't want to look like the joke it was that day on the replay.

I have NEVER re-watched it and NEVER will. It's burned into my brain for the rest of my life I'm afraid. And though the Hawks did not play well that day, with even officiating they win the game. Hell, in my heart of hearts I will always FEEL that if the hold on Locklear isn't called they win the game.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Do what you like, I personally have ZERO time to waste on that *event that I can't even call a game. We failed, but we received unrequested/undeserved help in that day in Detroit.

It's history that in my opinion needs no revisit.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":5fd6up3u said:
hawxfreak":5fd6up3u said:
Didn't know that. Not surprised though. NFL doesn't want to look like the joke it was that day on the replay.

I have NEVER re-watched it and NEVER will. It's burned into my brain for the rest of my life I'm afraid. And though the Hawks did not play well that day, with even officiating they win the game. Hell, in my heart of hearts I will always FEEL that if the hold on Locklear isn't called they win the game.
The phantom holding on Locklear was the most important play of the entire game. Pass to Jerramy Stevens to the 1 yard line and we would have had 4 downs to take a 17-14 lead.

HawkEye

Reaction score
You should watch XL followed by XLVIII...works for me! :thirishdrinkers:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I tried to watch it for about 5 minutes and couldn't take anymore. The officials were bad enough, but as I watched, I recalled that between Jeremy Stevens and Etric Pruitt we pretty much handed that game to them.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":3snh3u7s said:
hawksfansinceday1":3snh3u7s said:
hawxfreak":3snh3u7s said:

The phantom holding on Locklear was the most important play of the entire game. Pass to Jerramy Stevens to the 1 yard line and we would have had 4 downs to take a 17-14 lead.
Yep, and their defense was gassed. Even if we give up a game tying FG drive or even the go ahead TD drive, we have time to win it with a FG or TD drive of our own. I will believe til the day I die that is how it would've played out.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
This broadcast is a full 3 hours and shows all the bad calls. If I were you I would watch it. I haven't been able to watch it since the day it happened but winning a Super Bowl took some of the sting off of it for me. I am glad I watched it.

Oh and we all remember it correctly. We got hosed so bad.

The Outfield

Reaction score
You will not enjoy watching it....

Watch other games from that year, like the NFCC game if possible.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Might as well eat a jar oo jalepanos and chase it with a pint of fireball.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The Outfield":27rnsm94 said:
You will not enjoy watching it....

Watch other games from that year, like the NFCC game if possible.
That's what I do.

Watching the Saints MNF game right now... final score 34-7... and it was the only game that I attended in person last year... great game and at the time, was huge for us ultimately getting the #1 seed.

Still have the NCFCG, the playoff win over the Saints, the 29-3 win over SF, the 42-13 win over SF in 2012, and the 2012 OT win over the Bears in Chicago that kick-started the HoF career of one VERY special QB named Russell Wilson.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
pmedic920":2v4pj03g said:
I don't like the pictures that are burnt in my mind from XL.
NO WAY I'm watching it again. EVER.

I have it saved to VHS, I dont own a vcr.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Why bother? There's no circumstance under which I am happier for having watched XL. Rewatch the win over the Redskins or the win over the Panthers, but IMO XL isn't even a good game to watch just to reminisce about old favorite players.

I hate the Steelers a little bit less now that we won XLVIII, but XL itself still makes me nauseous.