Pumped in crowd noise

seabowl

Reaction score
Not sure if it ever came up but anytime someone claims we pump in crowd noise show them the replay of the Superbowl. I was there and as mentioned by the broadcasting team, it was loud. Seems like the PED excuse has taken over for why we win but I heard for years that pumped in crowd noise was another reason.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seabowl":2nsewzsx said:
Not sure if it ever came up but anytime someone claims we pump in crowd noise show them the replay of the Superbowl. I was there and as mentioned by the broadcasting team, it was loud. Seems like the PED excuse has taken over for why we win but I heard for years that pumped in crowd noise was another reason.
All of the webzone thinks we pump in the crowd noise, but that is one giant tard farm, so it just figures they believe that nonsense.

253hawk

Reaction score
It's pumped in via the lungs of PED-using fans.

Funny how no one batted an eye when KC broke our old record by a pretty fair margin, but the second we reclaimed it by .1 db, "They're cheating! They use speakers and the stadium is designed to blah blah blah!" Any dome in the league can easily be louder as they're fully enclosed, but they lack the fan power.

Anyway, unless Colin is a complete liar, the noise doesn't make any difference at all.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
So how did that work in the Superbowl when everyone said they never heard that building that loud?

When people do something better, then people who suck at life always have some BS suck at life response.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
There's no way that building hasn't been louder.
It was decently loud but not crazy by any standpoint.

We had somewhere about 50,000 hawks fans there.
The orange may have stood out but we had the number advantage guaranteed.

I really can't believe the Giants dont rock that joint all the time. Metlife could get real loud easily.
All it takes is effort.

What it really told me was Hawks fans can make any stadium loud.
All stadiums get loud in the 4th qtr on 3rd down.
We just put more effort into creating it on 1st down in the 1st qtr.
It's just what we do here.

Every stadium can be loud if they want to. They just don't feel like putting out the effort.

Skeeve

Reaction score
TheHawkster":3lx9conm said:

The Meadowlands employees were all wearing orange and there were a lot of them. That skewed the look of there being so many Bronco fans at the stadium.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Orange also stands out as a color when looking into a crowd.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
TheHawkster":392k1cex said:
There's no way that building hasn't been louder.
It was decently loud but not crazy by any standpoint.

We had somewhere about 50,000 hawks fans there.

I really can't believe the Giants dont rock that joint all the time. Metlife could get real loud easily.
All it takes is effort.

What it really told me was Hawks fans can make any stadium loud.
All stadiums get loud in the 4th qtr on 3rd down.
We just put more effort into creating it on 1st down in the 1st qtr.
It's just what we do here.
Every stadium can be loud if they want to. They just don't feel like putting out the effort.

I was there and don't think there were 50,000 hawk fans. If I had to guess 35,000 hawk fans 25,000 Donkies and the rest corporate/locals.

RiverDog

Reaction score
From what I heard from 'objective' observers that were at the game and from observations made during the week in downtown Manhattan was that there was a roughly two thirds/one third split between Seahawk and Bronco fans at the Super Bowl.

The other thing to consider is that Denver historically travels really well. They took over a road game in San Diego, either this season or last, so the fact that the 12's out traveled them to the SB, and considering that we were further away, is a noteworthy achievement.

Riley12

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3t4o6t8a said:
So how did that work in the Superbowl when everyone said they never heard that building that loud?

Very true.

Before the Jets fans got tired of our standing and yelling, they were very impressed with the noise we brought. These two old timers had never been to a game in the Meadowlands that loud.

They just started getting upset when it was basically over in the 3rd quarter and we were still standing, screaming our lungs out on every defensive play. Then they slipped into the typical northeast passive-aggressive bull crap to try to shame us into sitting down. Ha! My daughter just told them to shut up, sit back and feel what it is like to cheer for a good team. That was a Proud Papa moment for me, no doubt.

We didn't have any Giants fans near us to talk with, but I know from my decade in New Jersey, that the fans filling the seats for Giants games aren't the stand and scream type - think the Club section in our stadium. Yes, they will cheer when things are going well, but they are not willing to shred their vocal chords or induce a splitting headache to disrupt the opposing team. That is what sets us apart.

drdiags

Reaction score
I remember reading that Giants fans think it is barbaric to scream the whole game. They tended to look down their nose at fans like the Seahawks, who do. I remember Coughlin and his team trying to get the crowd more involved, but I just don't think the current fanbase wants any parts of that.

I am not sure about the Jets fans, but from reading Riley's experience there, sounds like they are of the same mindset. I think it is the sit down vs stand up crowd. Some fans want to watch a game, others want to experience and feel part of the game. The purist still feel that all the noise stuff is just a small blip in the actual game, though you may have a hard time convincing those who watched the first snap of the SB.

Just like Steve Young screamed after winning his SB, no one can ever, EVER take this away. As Steve Mariucci said about the griping from the 9ers vs NY Giants playoff win, "Bummer".

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Metlife, new englands gillette, even new jerry world are more corporate crowds. Not really the "true die hard fans" so thats why their stadiums arent as loud. Our fans are the hardcore type.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Ive never left a game with my voice in tact and without a pounding headache. It takes me a good 2 to 3 days to fully recover from that 60 minute game and THATS WHY WE ROCK THAT S.O.B!!!! Hahahaha! Ya baby, we loud!!! Because WE CARE MORE!!!

Also "guests" and fans of other teams reading this. We are better at being fans than you and EVERYONE knows it. You make hate us, but youre jealous! Niner fans especially, you hate us because we've dominated YOU. How many Superbowls have you won since THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS have been in your division?

Go CRY more. CRYYYYYYY!!!!!!

rigelian

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1c1dvx99 said:
seabowl":1c1dvx99 said:
All of the webzone thinks we pump in the crowd noise, but that is one giant tard farm, so it just figures they believe that nonsense.

49erswebzone doesn't think, they reflexively knee jerk.

Riley12

Reaction score
BlueBlood":25haimpb said:
Ive never left a game with my voice in tact and without a pounding headache. It takes me a good 2 to 3 days to fully recover from that 60 minute game and THATS WHY WE ROCK THAT S.O.B!!!! Hahahaha! Ya baby, we loud!!! Because WE CARE MORE!!!

Also "guests" and fans of other teams reading this. We are better at being fans than you and EVERYONE knows it. You make hate us, but youre jealous! Niner fans especially, you hate us because we've dominated YOU. How many Superbowls have you won since THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS have been in your division?

What do kids say nowadays? Oh yes.

QFT

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Ohmygosh, there's so much win in this thread. My fellow 12's, you are on fire!

vin.couve12":31f0vpak said:
When people do something better, then people who suck at life always have some BS suck at life response.
Well said.

Skeeve":31f0vpak said:
The Meadowlands employees were all wearing orange and there were a lot of them.
I hadn't heard this. Interesting factoid.

Riley12":31f0vpak said:
Then they slipped into the typical northeast passive-aggressive bull crap to try to shame us into sitting down. Ha! My daughter just told them to shut up, sit back and feel what it is like to cheer for a good team. That was a Proud Papa moment for me, no doubt.
LOL. Good job, dad! Good job, daughter!

drdiags":31f0vpak said:
The purist still feel that all the noise stuff is just a small blip in the actual game, though you may have a hard time convincing those who watched the first snap of the SB.
You got it. The proof is on tape.

gowazzu02":31f0vpak said:
Our fans are the hardcore type.
QFT.

BlueBlood":31f0vpak said:

QFT and LMAO! They'll never know the sense of pride and inspiration I, and all of you, get to feel as being part of one of the best fan bases in the history of American sports. It makes me a little sad for them... but not too sad. :)

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Fact is the Hawk fans set the tone in that game and spotted our team 2 points. That's a fact.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rigelian":1ex0k3oe said:
Sports Hernia":1ex0k3oe said:
seabowl":1ex0k3oe said:

49erswebzone doesn't think, they reflexively knee jerk.

I am serious when I say they actually believe it. While taking care of my dad down south the only sports station I could get was KNBR. The hosts on that station are no different than the fans. They actually talk about it like it is some sort of proven fact.

That was only the beginning of their crying and that was last year's offseason.