Opinions of drafted players

Renohawk

Reaction score
I do a lot more reading than posting here, I guess my father taught me a great lesson when younger, "it's better being thought of as stupid, than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

With that being said, I enjoy reading people views and opinions of drafted players, some more than others. I DO NOT enjoy reading the constant bashing of posters and their opinions. I believe WE are all 12's, show some class and respect.

If you are here posting about draft picks, you're not a GM or getting paid as some NFL scout, so that is where your experience should remain, not some guru know it all.

chris98251

Reaction score
Great post, a post about bashing people about bashing people.............................

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":24nznaxz said:
Great post, a post about bashing people about bashing people.............................
I see what you did there! 8)

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Renohawk":emb9ztgc said:
I do a lot more reading than posting here, I guess my father taught me a great lesson when younger, "it's better being thought of as stupid, than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

With that being said, I enjoy reading people views and opinions of drafted players, some more than others. I DO NOT enjoy reading the constant bashing of posters and their opinions. I believe WE are all 12's, show some class and respect.

If you are here posting about draft picks, you're not a GM or getting paid as some NFL scout, so that is where your experience should remain, not some guru know it all.
Excellent post!

Here's my two cents: With Richardson we got speed. This was a purely tactical move to transfer pressure off Wilson and onto the opposing defense. They've got to deal with Harvin and that's who they'll be worried about. Richardson will then burn them deep. No more stacking the box to just stop Lynch. This will open up Wilson's passing game and take the pressure off of him.

They got a decent OT so that should help too.

I can see a lot of guys maybe being contributors to the team from this draft. Caveat being that we're already stocked full of talent so it will be tougher to make the team.

I think our offense is going to surprise some people next year.

General Manager

Reaction score
Harvin Richardson Norwood Rice and Baldwin that's a very talented and diverse group right there.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Whether you agree with the decisions to prioritize one prospect over another, at the end of the day, they got done what they needed to do by again once again taking a forward looking approach to acquisition and player development.

OT: (A-) They infused depth and much-needed competition into their thinnest position group. Justin Britt will battle Michael Bowie for the starting RT position. Bowie performed very well last season, so it will be difficult for Britt to take this spot, except in the event of an injury. The loser of this competition may compete inside at left guard or perhaps play as the sixth linemen in our jumbo package. Like Bowie, Britt is tough and athletic. And Garrett Scott is an impressive athlete who will add depth at LT behind the oft-injured Russell Okung. If he succeeds in developing into a quality blindside backup, then perhaps they can eventually slide Alvin Bailey inside into Carpenter's spot. The coaches prioritized offensive tackles over guards, and the potential is there for great improvement in the quality of their depth at OT.

WR (B+): You can argue they should have prioritized other receivers over the ones they eventually selected. However, they stuck to their guns and added speed and versatility to their receiving corps. If they fail to re-sign Baldwin and/or Kearse, they should have admirable replacements in Richardson and Norwood.

DL (B+): The most exciting member of this group for me was not drafted, and that is talented LEO prospect Jackson Jeffcoat. Jeffcoat is as close as you could get to reincarnating a young Chris Clemons. Jimmy Staten and Cassius Marsh will also add more depth and competition to the interior of the line. Hopefully, they find a dynamic rotation amongst all of these young, inexperienced defensive linemen.

OLB: (B+): Kevin Pierre-Louis is someone I think everyone had their eye on to become a Seahawk. Very similar athleticism, size, and feel for the game as Super Bowl MVP Malcolm Smith. I only wish they had drafted a true SLB to develop behind K.J. Wright, who is also free agent after this year. For example, they could have taken Shayne Skov in the 7th Round . . . instead, Skov signed with the team of his former head coach.

DB: (B)- Eric Pinkins is an impressive athlete, whose play summons comparisons to Brandon Browner. He can realistically play at any of the five DB positions if he develops as expected.

FB(?)- I don't get this pick at all. A 5'8 fullback? They could have added a great safety or OLB here.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2l4drwgc said:
Here's my two cents: With Richardson we got speed. This was a purely tactical move to transfer pressure off Wilson and onto the opposing defense. They've got to deal with Harvin and that's who they'll be worried about. Richardson will then burn them deep. No more stacking the box to just stop Lynch. This will open up Wilson's passing game and take the pressure off of him.

My thoughts exactly. Just when they think they've got us figured out, now is the time to show everyone that Wilson IS a 4000 yd. /40 TD thrower that they ALL say he cannot be.