The real roster battles

nitticanuck

Reaction score
Considering what i see as locks (25 offensive, 25 defensive, 3 special):

Here is how i see the real battles/ question marks right now:

Offense
Pick 2 of 3: Tavaris Jackson, Pryor, Rice ( depends we go 6 wr or 3 qb's) could Pryor beat out Tavaris?
Pick 2 of 3: Coleman, Small, Ware (Don't think Coleman is the answer as full-time FB)

Defence:
Pick 1 of 2: Jesse Willams, Jimmy Staten (need a backup nose/ 3 tech)
Pick 3 of 5: Schoofield, Toomer, Farwell, Jeffcoat, Mayowa (tossup)
Pick 1 of 2: AJ Jefferson , Erik Pinkins (could probably throw other names in this (need a 5th corner)
Pick 1 of 2: Bailey, Shead, (i can't see Shead not on this team)

Sure their are some other names

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I think the offensive line backups/ LG / RT are way up in the air and who knows what will happen with those battles. WR 5/6 is unknown. LB backups as well...the FO isn't afraid to cut people that aren't competing, so I'm sure we will have a few surprises.

I would like to see us keep Pryor because I love his athleticism, but if he shows well in the preseason, I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade him for a pick. I personally want him to transition to TE/WR (if he can catch) and have him as the 3rd string emergency QB as well.

jake206

Reaction score
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 10m
Carroll said they will have some tough decisions to make as some of the tryout players "are definitely under consideration."

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 9m
Carroll spoke well of DL Adham Talaat too: "He worked really hard. He did a really nice job of showing his toughness. Gave great effort."

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 17m
Tryout player Dillon Baxter, a former RB, was used almost exclusively as a WR today with team light on WR numbers for practice.

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 14m
Carroll seemed really happy with Cassius Marsh. Said he was "by far the most active guy." Said role they'd envisioned "has a chance."

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 17m
Eric Pinkins was used at safety more than cornerback today. Carroll said he wanted to see him at both spots before the end of camp.

Zach Whitman ‏@Cablinasian 25m
"I think he'll be right in the competition, right there with Mike [Bowie] now." - Pete Carroll on Justin Britt.

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 20m
Rookie mini-camp ended just like the NFC Championship, Dion Bailey reeled in a tipped INT on a pass from Price to Norwood.

Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 19m
.. in this case it was Thomas Wolfe tipping pass away from Kevin Norwood and into hands of Dion Bailey. Price threw pass.

Link to Condotta article Rookie minicamp day 3: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/2014/05/18/rookie-mini-camp-over-a-few-quick-notes/

RussJames

Reaction score
OFFENSE

QB2: TJack -vs- Pryor
QB3: BJ -vs- Price

RB3: Turbin -vs- Ware
FB: Coleman -vs- Small

WR4: Rice -vs- Matthews
WR5: Kearse -vs- Norwood
TE2: Willson -vs- McCoy

LG: Carp -vs- Bailey
C2: LJP -vs- Smith