Finley medically cleared...are Hawks interested?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Finley has been cleared by the doctor that did his surgery. It seemed like earlier in the offseason that his signing here was a foregone conclusion, but he was not medically cleared yet.

Do you think the Hawks are still interested? Do you want them to be?

I would love the Hawks to sign him. He would be a great proven big red-zone threat that we still lack.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ermichael-finley-to-visit-mystery-team-friday

ManBunts

Reaction score
No thanks. Plenty full at TE, and don't have the cap space for the money he'll want.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Already plenty deep at TE and WR. If someone goes down during camp, then yeah, but adding him to the squad now could cost you a good player down the road.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
ManBunts":2l3hzyoh said:
No thanks. Plenty full at TE, and don't have the cap space for the money he'll want.
What kind of money does he want?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":24b22unc said:
ManBunts":24b22unc said:
I don't see him getting anymore than a 1 year vet minimum contract. He has to prove it.

kearly

Reaction score
They can sign him without any comp pick consequences after June 1st, which is right around the corner.

Largent80

Reaction score
Let the dude come in and push the others into beating him out. That makes this team what it is.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1ux1vqih said:
Injury Prone , Soft , and drops important passes. No Thanks. At least no guaranteed money

the dude got his spine brutally crushed, there's a difference between this and 'injury prone'. I guess we should cut harvin and rice right now.

Bring him in, let him compete.

kobebryant

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":l317af3m said:
Injury Prone , Soft , and drops important passes. No Thanks. At least no guaranteed money

What makes you say that he is soft? Nothing that I have seen from him has indicated to me that he is soft.

I would, in fact, be hesitant to refer to anyone in the NFL as soft.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
As I stated on an earlier thread on JF .."It's time to hang em up"..Look at Peyton and JF plays a much more contact pos..I don't know why he's risking his life but don't want to watch it happen to him..

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
My guess is that he is signing here or Green Bay.

If he goes on a "prove-it" one year deal, he should probably choose Green Bay since it is much more pass-happy and he knows the system.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
Jermichael Finley
Luke Willson
Zach Miller
Anthony Mccoy

Thats a lethal TE unit

ManBunts

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3tp0rbws said:
Hawkfan77":3tp0rbws said:
ManBunts":3tp0rbws said:
I don't see him getting anymore than a 1 year vet minimum contract. He has to prove it.

His last contract in GB was 2 years for $14 million. Reasonably, coming off a big injury he has little leverage above a 1 year vet minimum prove it, as MizzouHawk says, but with the ego he's rumored to have, I don't see him taking it. For 2014 it's $750k.

I also just don't like his style of play. He's a poor run blocker and drops way too many passes, which makes him a fairly bad TE in my estimation. Lots of people are high on his athleticism, but if that's the only thing, then we already have McCoy who I think has just as much potential

Hawknballs

Reaction score
finely's last full season in 2012, five TE's had a higher drop % than he did, including Jimmy Graham, who's also a terrible blocker. some of the other guys weren't great blockers either like pettigrew and aaron hernandicide.

So..just sayin yeah he drops some balls but to me that's not a good enough reason to not have him in for some competition.

jblaze

Reaction score
We're set at TE, don't need him.

He's a unique talent but he'll want more money than we'd be willing to give.

Nog

Reaction score
I don't think we have enough cap space, and all above I don't see him coming for minimum wage.