12 Wins out of 18 Games = .667 Win%
6 Losses by 26 Points = 4.33 ALD/g

2013:
16 Wins out of 19 Games = .842 Win%
3 Losses by 15 Points = 5.00 ALD/g

TOTAL:
33 Wins out of 45 Games = .733 Win%
12 Losses by 52 Points = 4.33 ALD/g

By now, you should know the Seahawks have yet to LOSE by more than a TD in all 45 Games listed above, the current longest streak in the NFL. And I believe 1 game shy of tying the Packers for the record of most ever.

But what is even more impressive than that feat is the Seahawks winning about 73% of their games the last two and half years relying on its youth.

2011: 5th Youngest Team
2012: 4th Youngest Team
2013: 4th Youngest Team

Some detractors want to say that the Seahawks were just lucky in 2013, yet the Seahawks have been one of, if not the most competitive teams in NFL for the last 2 and 1/2 years.

Some detractors want to say that the Seahawks are just another one and done Championship team and will fall back to mediocrity... but the Seahawks continue to give way to its youth while many of its core players have less than 5 years accrued with plenty of experience.

Some detractors want to say that the Seahawks will collapse under the burden of injuries, but fail to acknowledge the injury adversity the Seahawks faced last season but overcame to go 16-3 plus a Championship.

Cartire

Reaction score
well said.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe you are correct, and actually beating the packers opening day will set the record they currently hold. Kinda awesome.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Win forever!

USC went seven or so years without losing a game by more than a TD during the time Pete was head coach. The Trojans also never lost a game in November until 2009--Pete's last year there.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
PC and RW both had streaks in college where they hadn't lost by more than a touchdown. How fortunate are we that they share similar winning ways and are matched up in Seattle! Lets extend that streak a few years. GO HAWKS!

evergreen

Reaction score
I think this shows what we all knew in 2011. We were so close even with TJ and Clipboard. Two plays from going 9-7 and making playoffs. That's what Russell Wilson means to our #1 defense!

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yeah, I feel you. Seahawks got decimated by injuries that season. They had 69 players rotate on 53-man Roster, and I believe 12 players were placed on I.R if I recall correctly.

Furthermore, I felt like the Lock-Out handicapped teams like the Seahawks, teams that churned their roster over, teams that had to rely on young, inexperienced players, teams that were essentially re-building. The best teams that year all had one thing in common: Roster Stability aka Teams loaded with Experienced players that had familarity and chemistry together.

I think if the 2011 team was let's say as healthy as the 2011 49ers were ( 2 players I.R.'d: WR Josh Morgan and FB Moran Norris, and their most significant injury was losing Patrick Willis for 3 games), I could see the Seahawks being 1 or 2 games better.

If the Lock-Out didn't exist I could also see this team 1-2 games better.

Just a lot of variables in that off-season like: Who was the QB transitioning to Tom Cable's ZBS, transitioning to Darrell Bevell's Offense, Can we start 2 Rookies on the O-Line?, how does Dan Quinn leaving affect the DL, how do we replace our leaders Millow and Tatupu, how in shape is Mike Williams, is Deon Butler healthy, and can Golden Tate step-up?, Is Red Bryant healthy? Is Max Unger healthy? Is Russell Okung healthy? Who is the starting 3T? Are we going to re-sign Brock? For the love of Hutch who is going to play LG? Will our CBs be able to compete? Who is the TE going to be? Was Clemons just a flash in the pan? What are they going to do with Curry? Who is the starting WLB? Who is the Kicker?

Just so many questions that needed to be answered while waiting on Free Agency to start and not enough time.

Seahawks with better health and better chemistry possibly could have been a 9-11 win team in 2011. Who knows? They just weren't compeitive in the first half of 2011 but somewhere in that struggle they found it... the competitive fire... and they have never allowed it to go out since.

Anthony!

Reaction score
evergreen":xte6yag7 said:
I think this shows what we all knew in 2011. We were so close even with TJ and Clipboard. Two plays from going 9-7 and making playoffs. That's what Russell Wilson means to our #1 defense!

I would say Rw means way more than 2 games, we were 7-9 in 2011 playing a 7-9 schedule, we were 11-5 in 2012 playing that same 7-9 schedule so that would be 4 games, and the another 2 games in 2013. I would also argue with Rw in 2011 we win a few more then 9 games, dare I say 10-11. Rw is a minimum +4 in wins which is huge for any team. I mean he has avg 4+ 4thqtr/OT comebacks his first 2 years that says it all and is something TJ could not do, and ranks him top 5( tied for 1 actually) in the last 2 years.