Were not making the playoffs!!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":22twezc8 said:
Well we may as well sit back and read poetry since were not going anywhere based on this article.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic..._that_wont_make_nfl_playoffs_in_2014/16779439
Buck Stanton is a damned fool.
He thought that the Seahawks only won a few games by the skinny, he's not taking into account that the Seahawks fought hard to come back and win a few games where the opponents were manhandling a very messed up O-Line, where Russell Wilson was being hit, hurried and sacked way more because of it.
I don't see a rerun of the injuries like that happening again.
Also, Uncle Buck is forgetting about some off Season upgrades, and Percy Harvin being healthy again.
The NFC WEST is indeed the best of the NFC Conference, and the Seahawks are still the top of that heap.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Dude it is real simple you want hits, you want attention say something bad or pick against the hawks, every media moron knows that, and it is not just because we are vocal and defend ourselves and our team, but because every other team wants to pile on.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I guess this guy's name is not familiar to me because he never has written anything worth reading,...this article included

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
ejanyjaj.jpg

raisethe3

Reaction score
After reading the article, only one response is needed: 27xqniq

Davehawk

Reaction score
That entire website is garbage, how many freaking times do I have to click stuff to get redirected to the right page with the actual article, then there's 2 teams on each damn page, making me click the damn "NEXT" button like 4 more times to get the Seahawks.

Is it really too much to ask to just put all 10 teams on the same page so we can just scroll down through them? I didn't even get into the content of what they're saying about our Seahawks and I'm already super annoyed.

ASuperForce

Reaction score
So their comeback wins prove that they weren't as good as their record indicated?

Does that mean I can claim they really should have gone undefeated because they were leading in the fourth quarter of all the losses?

kearly

Reaction score
Remember that article that had Seattle as the 21st most likable franchise, based on a rationale that was pure fantasy? Same site.

It's kind of been forgotten, but this time last year there were a lot of people who picked Seattle to finish 8-8. There are a lot of stupid people in the world, and quite a few laggards too. But even those dumbasses aren't saying 8-8 now. A tiny few have the gall to say 10-6, and even then, it's only to draw attention to themselves ala Skip Bayless, not because any actual thought was put into the statement.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I saw "yardbarker.com" and had a good chuckle. No offense OP...I just would never give a crap about what someone has to say about our team on a site I have never even heard of in my entire life.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":37ose244 said:
I saw "yardbarker.com" and had a good chuckle. No offense OP...I just would never give a crap about what someone has to say about our team on a site I have never even heard of in my entire life.

It was Link on MSN home page, I would have never tried to look for the site otherwise, but linking stories on a Seattle Sports Link for our area and being such a garbage story also, doesn't anyone screen this stuff or is it bought space, I can't imagine Yardbarker having much revenue to buy space on a MSN Homepage with crap like this.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Davehawk":2eqvcg2b said:
That entire website is garbage, how many freaking times do I have to click stuff to get redirected to the right page with the actual article, then there's 2 teams on each damn page, making me click the damn "NEXT" button like 4 more times to get the Seahawks.

Is it really too much to ask to just put all 10 teams on the same page so we can just scroll down through them? I didn't even get into the content of what they're saying about our Seahawks and I'm already super annoyed.

Don't feel alone keemosavy, you're annoyed because YOU are normal, and are having trouble making sense of that shitty article.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Well this article informed me that something that I have believed for a lot of years is not true. That being great teams find a way to win. They are suppose to mount comebacks and overcome challenges. What this moron says is that great teams never find themselves in position to have to come back. This is the NFL and teams are going to make it tough to win. No team gets a pass, even the great ones. Losers are the ones that can't comeback to win. The Hawk and 49'er NFCC game makes the point. The 49'ers just could not make the comeback.

This article is for gullible uneducated fans just needing something that help them to think the Hawks won't be kicking their team's butts this season.

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
scutterhawk":5qfzhq2a said:
chris98251":5qfzhq2a said:
Well we may as well sit back and read poetry since were not going anywhere based on this article.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic..._that_wont_make_nfl_playoffs_in_2014/16779439
Buck Stanton is a damned fool.
He thought that the Seahawks only won a few games by the skinny, he's not taking into account that the Seahawks fought hard to come back and win a few games where the opponents were manhandling a very messed up O-Line, where Russell Wilson was being hit, hurried and sacked way more because of it.
I don't see a rerun of the injuries like that happening again.
Also, Uncle Buck is forgetting about some off Season upgrades, and Percy Harvin being healthy again.
The NFC WEST is indeed the best of the NFC Conference, and the Seahawks are still the top of that heap.

MEH!! :roll:

Kaiser

Reaction score
That site also links 6000 "articles" from the same guy all saying Russell Wilson isnt a top (insert #) QB.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
That's all really entertaining. I mean don't bother using any actual reasons for backing up a ridiculous statement. Haters gonna hate.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I suspect the author doesn't believe in his own prediction and is simply throwing chit on the wall to see if anything sticks. It's obvious to me that he's a hack that is looking for readership. The general consensus around the football world is that we're going into 2014 as the favorite, and saying something outrageous is going to attract readers like flies to cow pattie.

But some of the points he raises are fair. We did win a number of close games in 2013, of which losing any one of them would have relegated us to a #5 seed and made our SB run more problematic, and yes, we do play in the toughest division in football. Plus there's a history associated with the SB winner in that it's been over a decade since anyone has repeated and even back-to-back trips are rare. Occasionally, like last season's Ravens, the defending SB champ doesn't even make the playoffs the following season. Parity rules in the NFL. Although saying we won't even make the playoffs is a bit over the top, I wouldn't be totally shocked if we don't get back to the SB this season.

But to counter some of those points: Yes, we won a lot of close games, but we won 13 of them, and its inevitable when you win that many that at least a few are going to be by a narrow margin. Our primary challenger, the Niners, won some close games, too, such as that gift win on MNF vs. the Falcons, beating the Cards by just a FG (one of their FG's was a 56 yarder) in their last regular season game, not to mention beating us by kicking a late FG. We haven't lost a game by more than a TD in two years, counting the playoffs. No other team can even come close to making that claim. Keeping games close gives you the opportunity to win. And as far as the history of the SB curse goes, we didn't lose a whole lot of impact players and we're still a very young team. I like our chances.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Not gonna click on the link, but can't wait to re-post after we RE-PETE!!!

:thirishdrinkers: