DVR Alert: Pre Season Game 1 / August, 7th.

kidhawk

Reaction score
August 7th the NFL Network is replaying our pre season game with the broncos and it's scheduled for 10 pm Pacific time. For those who don't get the live version aired in their area, this is your first chance to see your 2014 Seahawks in action.

Cartire

Reaction score
I would normally recommend preseason live for all those outside the area. But this year, were supposed to have 3 of our preseason games shown nationally, which means they will be blacked out on preseason live. Normally a good deal at $20. But not this year.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":16zsc69d said:
I appreciate the heads up, even though the preseason is a snoozefest.

I agree completely about the game itself, but I don't watch pre season for the game. I watch to see some of the young up and comers perform. Pre Season is the one time I don't care if a game is live or not. I actually prefer to watch a game on DVR in the preseason so I can watch particular players more than the game itself.

Cartire

Reaction score
I got to say, I watch preseason for the game as well. Hell, I watch UFL sometimes just because its football. I dont necessarily care about the score. Great football plays happen in preseason too.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2uaa2khm said:
I got to say, I watch preseason for the game as well. Hell, I watch UFL sometimes just because its football. I dont necessarily care about the score. Great football plays happen in preseason too.

Perhaps my phrasing could have been better. When I say I don't watch pre season for the game, it's not that I don't watch to enjoy the football, it's just that I don't care about the outcome of the game. I do care very much how the performances are within the game itself. Since I don't care about the outcome, it makes it that much easier to not need to watch it live.

During the season I will go to work early so I can leave early to catch all of a MNF game. During the pre season, I just set the recorder and watch it at my leisure. I very much look forward to watching it, but I don't need to see it as it happens as much as I do the regular season & playoffs.

MB12

Reaction score
This is vaguely related. I have the NFL gamepass, will the game be available live? The website seems a bit hazy on the description. (I am in France if this helps)

(Edited due to typo)

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
MB12":xdm8je65 said:
This is vaguely related. I have the NFL gamepass, will the game be available live? The website seems a bit hazy on the description. (I am in France if this helps)

(Edited due to typo)

Regular season games should be available live to those not in the USA. Those in the USA get them on delay. I have no idea how game pass works with pre season games though.

MB12

Reaction score
kidhawk":36kyb3e6 said:
MB12":36kyb3e6 said:

(Edited due to typo)

Regular season games should be available live to those not in the USA. Those in the USA get them on delay. I have no idea how game pass works with pre season games though.

Yeh they will work live. Will just have to email support I guess. Thanks anyway :)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
10pm??? Add 3 hours for my time zone. I can't watch it live but will record it on the DVR. Why are the games so late?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":rf5bqd72 said:
10pm??? Add 3 hours for my time zone. I can't watch it live but will record it on the DVR. Why are the games so late?

This is the one game of ours the NFL Network isn't broadcasting any portion of it live. The NFL Network airs a lot of live games, but they also do air every pre season game at some point. The games that aren't on live are replayed at a later time. This is the case with this particular matchup. The other three are all on the NFL network live, at least some portion of them at least, as 2 say they are joined in progress (I'm guessing that they are assuming that running other live games ahead of it will cause there to be other games running long and so they can't get to our game exactly when it starts.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I think the one local tv channel in Seattle is gonna stream the 3 pre-seasons live. I think it will be the only way I can watch it at Hunting/Wood-chopping camp.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure all the Seahawks pre-season games will be shown live on Q-13 FOX in the Seattle area.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfiend":1ts81eaa said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure all the Seahawks pre-season games will be shown live on Q-13 FOX in the Seattle area.

Yea, Seattle plays them all live and there are a few other areas that have as well, including Anchorage where I am. I haven't seen anything definite on it yet this year, but one of the local stations has picked up the live preseason feed for the Seahawks every season for quite awhile now.

I still always set my recorder for both the live version and the replay so I always have a backup plan in case of something unforeseen interfering with one or the other.

HawkWow

Reaction score
How could a fan not appreciate the human interest stories of pre-season? That's someone's kid out there, living his dream. Living my dream. I will watch every minute and every team / game possible. I did my 5 months on the beach per the woman's wishes...now she's in my world. ; )