Seahawks Fall in Pre-Season Power Rankings

lsheldon

Reaction score
But the Donkey's are now rated as #1? Oh yeah, something just feels off. That explains it. I'm glad they could come up with some concrete indisputable evidence. Plus Denver looks great on paper.

1. Denver Broncos – After a tumultuous offseason last year, training camp 2014 is relatively peaceful in the Mile High City. And on paper, the Broncos are a much better team than the one on the field was in Super Bowl XLVIII. (LW: 2)

2. Seattle Seahawks – Something just feels off about the Seahawks this season. A Super Bowl hangover seems to exist, and a fall almost seems imminent. Marshawn Lynch’s holdout, which gets uglier by the day, is just the latest sign. (LW: 1)

http://cover32.com/2014/07/29/power-ran ... edition-2/

brettb3

Reaction score
Well, with such well researched insider information and riveting psychological analysis, how can anyone argue? Isn't that one of those "Bleacher Report" type sites that any hack can write for?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
LMAO.

"Something just feels off"

Oh gee, I wonder what that is. A little hater action maybe. Ahh.. the Lynch holdout, that's it.

In games where Lynch was shut down (less than 70 yards) the Hawks were 6-0 in 2013. Including 3 road games.

I wonder how much guys really look into stuff before they type it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
lsheldon":6o458ym6 said:
But the Donkey's are now rated as #1? Oh yeah, something just feels off. That explains it. I'm glad they could come up with some concrete indisputable evidence. Plus Denver looks great on paper.

1. Denver Broncos – After a tumultuous offseason last year, training camp 2014 is relatively peaceful in the Mile High City. And on paper, the Broncos are a much better team than the one on the field was in Super Bowl XLVIII. (LW: 2)

2. Seattle Seahawks – Something just feels off about the Seahawks this season. A Super Bowl hangover seems to exist, and a fall almost seems imminent. Marshawn Lynch’s holdout, which gets uglier by the day, is just the latest sign. (LW: 1)

You know who else seemed like they were a better team on paper than the Seahawks...the Broncos at SB 48. I remember the arguments being, the Seahawks are the #1 defense of 2013. The Broncos are the #1 offense of ALL TIME. Yeah we all saw how that turned out.

Either way, you're a dominant SB winning team and you lose as many players as we did. You're not going to look better than you did last year on paper. I'm okay with this ranking. I do agree with the holdout, McCoy getting injured, Rice retiring, and the players we lost. PLUS RW's divorce (he can say all the right things and do all the right things on social media, but unless he's dead in the heart, I'm sure it's taking a toll on in somewhere). I hope this ranking helps motivate the team, because right now you're hearing about being great as a player, but I'm not getting that same hunger feeling for repeating as I got for wanting the franchise's first championship. Go Hawks. Beast get your butt back to camp!

A

Anonymous

tubbs51":1t6cf9gt said:
Last i checked football was played on grass and not on paper.

That's not entirely true...

Actually, it's a kind of plastic those green strands are now made of; if memory serves.

Gives a new meaning to: "will that be paper, or plastic?"

Riley12

Reaction score
Let's see

Rock beats scissors, scissors beats paper, paper beats 'feels'

Am I understanding football correctly?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks don't get respect is because of the 12s.

We generate traffic, we fight opinion, which in then brings out other trolls that hate the Seahawks for whatever reasons out of the woodwork and now all of a sudden articles getting hits.

And a sorry ass mediocre sporting community like Cover 32 knows this and its why they've talked so much ish on the Seahawks this year.

Like Kearly has said "we are too smart for our own good" and as ScotteMojo has said "we are so easy to troll" and the sporting media is exploiting that.

Polaris

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2krkrv57 said:
lsheldon":2krkrv57 said:

You know who else seemed like they were a better team on paper than the Seahawks...the Broncos at SB 48. I remember the arguments being, the Seahawks are the #1 defense of 2013. The Broncos are the #1 offense of ALL TIME. Yeah we all saw how that turned out.

Either way, you're a dominant SB winning team and you lose as many players as we did. You're not going to look better than you did last year on paper. I'm okay with this ranking. I do agree with the holdout, McCoy getting injured, Rice retiring, and the players we lost. PLUS RW's divorce (he can say all the right things and do all the right things on social media, but unless he's dead in the heart, I'm sure it's taking a toll on in somewhere). I hope this ranking helps motivate the team, because right now you're hearing about being great as a player, but I'm not getting that same hunger feeling for repeating as I got for wanting the franchise's first championship. Go Hawks. Beast get your butt back to camp!

Football outsiders and the advanced stats didn't think so. While those metrics did not predict the domination that was SB 48, they all pretty clearly showed that Seattle was the better team and the one expected to win [just going by those metrics].

Hawks46

Reaction score
Let's see.....we're going off of paper, and ranking based on feelings. Seems legit.

General Manager

Reaction score
If we go into Denver and can't run the ball and struggle offensively the pressure will really start to build on the FO. If we can then Lynch's hand is gonna take a big hit.

Riley12

Reaction score
General Manager":3l7qzzbm said:
If we go into Denver and can't run the ball and struggle offensively the pressure will really start to build on the FO. If we can then Lynch's hand is gonna take a big hit.

Based upon a scrimmage? I don't think anyone in the front office is going to change course with any plans regarding Lynch based upon what does or doesn't happen in Denver.

Even if Lynch were in camp this past week, he would have seen little to no playing time against the Broncos next week.

I usually respect your opinions, but this one is a little out there.

General Manager

Reaction score
Riley12":1bn9zk4w said:
General Manager":1bn9zk4w said:

Based upon a scrimmage? I don't think anyone in the front office is going to change course with any plans regarding Lynch based upon what does or doesn't happen in Denver.

Even if Lynch were in camp this past week, he would have seen little to no playing time against the Broncos next week.

I usually respect your opinions, but this one is a little out there.

This is from a Seattle media point of view and don't kid yourself if we struggle running the ball in Denver the media will run with it and it will put more pressure on the FO . I'm not saying it will force anyone's hand but it could have some effect. It's an NFL game man so the media will have there take after it's over plain and simple right or wrong. Were already seeing Lynch's holdout factored in to the media power rankings . When there's actual game day evidence one way or another there will be fallout.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
lsheldon":22f5ab97 said:

The writer was wishful thinkin', but the du-mass screwed up and printed it for all to read :34853_doh:
Me thinks he still feeling butthurt for PeyPey.