So... Mama Lynch laid into Terry Blount

pocketprotector

Reaction score
The seahawks are a better team with Marshawn, but they are better off in the long run letting him walk away than giving in to his greedy contract demands.

45Hawker

Reaction score
pocketprotector":1ae1a0dp said:
The seahawks are a better team with Marshawn, but they are better off in the long run letting him walk away than giving in to his greedy contract demands.
If he has publicly stated his contract demands, please share. I haven't seen any details on this.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
45Hawker":35ucp0mf said:
pocketprotector":35ucp0mf said:
If he has publicly stated his contract demands, please share. I haven't seen any details on this.
I'm sure he is holding out to raise awareness about the Armenian genocide

Giblien

Reaction score
pocketprotector":rzfnloq8 said:

:13:

JGreen79

Reaction score
pocketprotector":1b8o84o6 said:
45Hawker":1b8o84o6 said:
pocketprotector":1b8o84o6 said:
I'm sure he is holding out to raise awareness about the Armenian genocide

Maybe he's wanting a contract long enough to finish out his career here for the same pay?

However from the sound of it PC and JS already had plans to move on in the next two years,and won't budge.

Love me some beast mode...but if those two have higher plans I'm all in.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
beast mode is gold in this city for his style and what he's done.

But at the end of the day the reporter is kinda right. Seattle is more then any other team a "team" they are deep and hungry. And while the Beast is a fan favorite and a star, there are guys there that can carry the rock.

I understand him wanting more money cause the writings onthe wall thta he'll get cut next year. But holding out and leaving 5 mill on the table is just stupid. He'll be back by the time game checks are on the line.....if RB holding out history tells us anything this maybe the decision that ends his career. Not many RB's have held out and came back better.....he'll be 29 next year.........

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Part of the team's success is due to the fact that so much attention is paid to stopping Lynch on the field. He opens up a lot of things because teams have focused so much on stopping him.

Just because he has low numbers does not mean he isn't making an impact. We know what he can do when Defenses stop making him their primary focus...and even sometimes when they do it doesn't matter.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2n8auy2g said:
Part of the team's success is due to the fact that so much attention is paid to stopping Lynch on the field. He opens up a lot of things because teams have focused so much on stopping him.

Just because he has low numbers does not mean he isn't making an impact. We know what he can do when Defenses stop making him their primary focus...and even sometimes when they do it doesn't matter.

Teams focus on stopping lynch, yes. But the same teams will focus on stopping whoever our back is. Seattle runs the ball. thats what we do. Just becuase beast isn't back there doesn't mean opposing D's will stop focusing on our rush offense.

The question is can Michael/Turbo make the 2 or 3 "special" plays a game beast makes.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3hn2ifm7 said:
HawkFan72":3hn2ifm7 said:

Teams focus on stopping lynch, yes. But the same teams will focus on stopping whoever our back is. Seattle runs the ball. thats what we do. Just becuase beast isn't back there doesn't mean opposing D's will stop focusing on our rush offense.

The question is can Michael/Turbo make the 2 or 3 "special" plays a game beast makes.

You are right they will still try to stop the run, but they will not go to the same extent to stop any other back. Teams base their entire defensive gameplan around stopping Marshawn Lynch. They stack the box and scheme to close the running lanes at the cost of leaving the passing game open.

They would not go to the same extents for Michael or Turbin (at least in the beginning).

If you listen to opposing players talk, they all say that Lynch is the focus of what they need to do. He's a special talent and they know they don't have much of a shot to win if he goes off.

Teams are going to try to stop the run, sure. But I believe that if Lynch is not here, teams will focus more on stopping Wilson and will try to make Turbin or Michael beat them.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Moma Lynch's makes zero sense. What guessing is he doing? He's reporting a statistic, perhaps drawing conclusions that may not tell the whole story, but he's not many any wild guesses. His article was benign, IMO. Yet's she's losing her mind. Blount didn't say "screw off Marshawn" as the article indicates.

The fact is Marshawn was less effective this past year, that is a fact. obviously, the injuries/inconsistencies on the OL played a major role.
Marshawn had just 3 100 yard game, 4- 90 yard games, he had 0- 80 yard games. (I point this out because against the 49ers in week 2 he had 98 yards and we pulled him out, he should have broken 100 that day had the game not been finished and he was pulled late in the 4th. He also had 98 against Houston.)

So 7 of 16 games in 2013 one would consider successful outings. That a steep drop-off from last year and even is weaker than 2011.

To illustrate - in 2012 - he had 10- 100 yard games & 1- 90 yard game and 3- 80+ yard games.
So just 2 games of subpar performance 41, against NE, and 46 yards against Miami, that's it.

In 2011- 6- 100 yard games, 1-90 yarder, 2- 80+ yard games, 9 games of good to great performances.
7 forgettable ones.

Blount's statement is obvious and correct the Seahawks CAN win without Marshawn, just look at games where Marshawn wasn't a dominating factor. Wilson carried Seattle to wins over Houston, Tampa Bay, Chicago and NE in 2012.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Maybe Mama Lynch should lay into Beast and say "Boy, get your ass back to work!". I know that's what my Mom would do if I decided I was more important than my company and stopped going to work because I wanted better pay.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2rg6kjof said:
HawkFan72":2rg6kjof said:

That's not true. Teams won't focus on stopping a back that doesn't threaten to break out a huge play. If Lynch gets into the open he can go Beastmode and is very hard to bring down. That's why teams focus so much as stopping him at the line. If the replacement back is someone easy to ankle tackle or someone without the sight to find the hole and get in the open, then they aren't going to give him the same focus.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2870ex2v said:
Teams are going to try to stop the run, sure. But I believe that if Lynch is not here, teams will focus more on stopping Wilson and will try to make Turbin or Michael beat them.

Correct. And then Michael will burn a few teams for big yards/TDs and the balance will swing back to shutting down our running game.

It all comes down to the talent we have at RB. And I am very confident that Michael/Turbin can get it done (and I do love Beast Mo, don't get me wrong about that).

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
pocketprotector":30lxepfq said:

The NFL doesn't guarantee contracts. Salary is limited by the cap, but rarely is it crippling enough to hurt the long range prospects of a franchise, especially when talking about a RB on the backside of his career. Any deal with Lynch would be short, and would not hurt the Seahawks in the long run. It would only hurt them in the immediate, which would be far more impactful.

I would argue that letting him walk would be incredibly short sighted.

Donn2390

Reaction score
ZagHawk":1fg6n69l said:
Maybe Mama Lynch should lay into Beast and say "Boy, get your ass back to work!". I know that's what my Mom would do if I decided I was more important than my company and stopped going to work because I wanted better pay.
Exactly..! I couldn't agree more.. Mama says it's a team game, she might want to mention that to her son...
He is rapidly becoming the bad guy and team detractor... Play or retire

v1rotv2

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3qbgyszf said:
gowazzu02":3qbgyszf said:
HawkFan72":3qbgyszf said:

That's not true. Teams won't focus on stopping a back that doesn't threaten to break out a huge play. If Lynch gets into the open he can go Beastmode and is very hard to bring down. That's why teams focus so much as stopping him at the line. If the replacement back is someone easy to ankle tackle or someone without the sight to find the hole and get in the open, then they aren't going to give him the same focus.

Lynch is respected because of his power running and ability to break tackles with that power. The same respect can be had with speed and agility. Lynch is making it time to move on.