Most Hated NFL Teams In Each State Map

grizbob

Reaction score
Mizak":1qrhnele said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2150070-redditor-releases-most-hated-nfl-teams-in-each-state?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t4&hpt=hp_t4

Lol, what does Utah have against the Seahawks?

They're all ninners fans, at least in the lower left hand corner they are. And or Broncos fans, it's a double whammy, kind of explains why I feel so all alone :(

253hawk

Reaction score
It's based off of a reddit user poll, so the sample size of the votes is extremely small and limited to a fairly young, tech-savvy demographic.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I have a personal policy of quadruple-checking to see if I really want to click on a Bleacher Report link. This time, curiosity got the better of me, and I clicked on it. And I gotta say, that map was worth the click.

But of course, the map was a Reddit product. Even in the brief presentation of the map, the Bleacher Report writing was poor.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Mizak":2bnkfbnp said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2150070-redditor-releases-most-hated-nfl-teams-in-each-state?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t4&hpt=hp_t4

I believe I read somewhere that Utah gets a lot of Seahawks games and a lot of people don't like having a team forced upon them. However, there are a lot of Seahawks fans in Utah.

The Dakotas show The Vikings as most hated, even though there are probably way more Vikings fans than any other team. This tells me this is just the highest % of most hated team, rather than subtracting out the number of people who are actually fans of that same team.

Shouldn't love cancel out hate?

253hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1atipd0i said:
In two years, this map will be half Seahawks.

That's pretty much how the NBA map is. League parity is a good thing.

Most-Hated-NBA-Teams.png

Cartire

Reaction score
253hawk":1u60j4ok said:
hawknation2014":1u60j4ok said:

Most-Hated-NBA-Teams.png

Ha, I love the hate for OKC here. IT wasnt OKC's fault. It was one man and one relocation committees fault. I got nothing but respect for OKC, they still have Durant. A stud and former Sonic.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mizak":35sfhw83 said:

Salt Lake City is bigtime Donkos fans!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cartire":2m46o766 said:
253hawk":2m46o766 said:
hawknation2014":2m46o766 said:

Most-Hated-NBA-Teams.png

Ha, I love the hate for OKC here. IT wasnt OKC's fault. It was one man and one relocation committees fault. I got nothing but respect for OKC, they still have Durant. A stud and former Sonic.
No comment on your OKC comment as I don't want to be banned for my rebuttal.

KD is a great guy though! Hope he gets a ring someday for a team that's not OKC.

kearly

Reaction score
The Steelers and Vikings positions on the map crack me up.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2ubvf47u said:
253hawk":2ubvf47u said:
hawknation2014":2ubvf47u said:

Most-Hated-NBA-Teams.png

I've got nothing against the OKC fans or players, I just never want to see Clay Bennett wearing a ring. Hopefully Durant will take his talents elsewhere once his contract is up and the franchise collapses into extended mediocrity.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Utah hates the Hawks, call it the Steve Young/Alex Smith connection.
North Dakota surprised me, the state is half Norwegian. Has to be a lot of GB fans.
I empathize with Cardinal fans.
Nebraska and Iowa is a mystery to me. I can't figure out any regional connection to hating the Niners. I would guess because of the Rams, but I don't see Rams fans in either state all that much. More likely, both states have a huge Green Bay following, and not being in Wisconsin, don't share the Bears/Vikings rivalry with their wisconsin brethren as much as the being beaten 3 times in two years hate. Gawd knows not one GB fan I have met can let go of Golden Tate's catch, so I am guessing the losses to SF really burn.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Mizak":vmastlde said:

Utah is mostly Bronco fans.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":2ncib21c said:
It's based off of a reddit user poll, so the sample size of the votes is extremely small and limited to a fairly young, tech-savvy demographic.

I barely use reddit. Someone had a perfect response to this on FB. If there isn't a gigantic star on the entire map (except for Texas), the survey is wrong.

TXHawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2wm4tazo said:
253hawk":2wm4tazo said:

I barely use reddit. Someone had a perfect response to this on FB. If there isn't a gigantic star on the entire map (except for Texas), the survey is wrong.

The Cowboys haven't been good enough to hate for quite awhile now. There's an entire generation of young NFL fans for whom the most memorable Cowboys' play was Romo's fumble of the FG snap against the Seahawks.

taco40

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if Wyoming is part of the anti-Raiders group or if they've just been blacked out for lack of population. 8)
What I'm trying to figure out is why Philly is hated in Cowgirlsland, I would have thought that the Redskins were the #1 evil opposition.
It would be interesting to look at a similar map back when the Hawks were part of the AFC, I'd bet Raider black would be much more prevalent in the NW and the Cowboys would get more real estate. :les:

Cartire

Reaction score
TXHawk":3fqdpeqj said:
ZagHawk":3fqdpeqj said:
253hawk":3fqdpeqj said:

The Cowboys haven't been good enough to hate for quite awhile now. There's an entire generation of young NFL fans for whom the most memorable Cowboys' play was Romo's fumble of the FG snap against the Seahawks.

Until they're no loner called "Americas Team", I think the whole country can still hate them regardless of their continuos mediocrity.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mizak":xbq3vv9w said:

I have two buddies in Utah, and they're both huge Niner fans. So must be Niner country.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":2eklwa6e said:
TXHawk":2eklwa6e said:
ZagHawk":2eklwa6e said:
253hawk":2eklwa6e said:

Until they're no loner called "Americas Team", I think the whole country can still hate them regardless of their continuos mediocrity.

This is my thinking. How are you "America's Team" when only half of your state loves you, and the rest of the country thinks you're mediocre.