What are the odds of an undefeated season?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
I'm watching some of the Seahawk preseason games, and I got to say they look fairly unstoppable. The only team that gave the Seahawks starting offense any trouble was the Broncos (although a couple of huge 15 yard penalties negated their effort), but we've already seen what Seattle's DEFENSE can do to Denver.

God I hope it doesn't happen, being a 49er fan, but I haven't seen a team with zero weaknesses like this one since the 2007 Patriots.

Being Seahawks fans, and most certainly homers, do you guys think a 19-0 season is a real possibility? I mean, even if it's like a 1 in 5 shot. What are your thoughts on that?

Who are the teams most likely to beat you this year?

davidonmi

Reaction score
I don't believe it's a possibility. It's never happened before and maybe never will.
10000-1 maybe?
I think @SF, DEN, GB, and @ARI are our most likely losses.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I would predict a win for that game no doubt however you always worry abou to facing an elite qb. No matter the situation. There's always a chance Rodgers lights it up. That said I would predict something like a 28-24 win for us in that game

themunn

Reaction score
If I was to give us a 60% chance of winning each of our divisional road games and an 80% chance of winning every other game (including playoffs and superbowl), that would equate to an approximately 1/165 chance that we go undefeated, which I put on the generously low side.

Another way to look at it is if this Seahawks team played this season 165 times with this team would they manage 1 season undefeated? I say absolutely

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":qzd1iy4l said:
People are afraid of GB? We're gonna punk those clowns
After what I saw tonight from the first string D, I don't know how to feel about Thursday .........I mean David freaking Carr torched them. And we couldn't stop the run.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I have reservations about gb but it has nothing to do with our performance tonight. The 4th preseason game is known for being especially meaningless

253hawk

Reaction score
Derek Carr...David Carr hasn't been on a roster for 2 seasons now and he's barely done anything since he left Houston. Derek threw for 5000, 50 TD's/8 INT and almost 70% last year at Fresno State. He's no slouch.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2muc1tw1 said:
After what I saw tonight from the first string D, I don't know how to feel about Thursday .........I mean David freaking Carr torched them. And we couldn't stop the run.

NFZqt

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
davidonmi":21ypy4wq said:
I have reservations about gb but it has nothing to do with our performance tonight. The 4th preseason game is known for being especially meaningless

Yeah, agreed with this. I mean I'm pretty confident about beating GB really, but a team with an elite QB is always going to pose a threat, and a loss to GB wouldn't knock me out of my chair or anything.

Certainly nothing that happened last night means anything at all for the Hawks, aside maybe from Cassius Marsh's injury (and that won't make or break Thursday's game obviously).

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1ss8kq08 said:
Throwdown":1ss8kq08 said:
This. I wasn't going to start Rogers on my fantasy team but after watching Carr, a Rookie, carve up our starting D I have changed my mind. The saving grace is Russell Wilson. I predict that our offense will have to win quite a few games for us this season because our Depth on D is poo-poo this year.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sure, it's possible, but I think it's highly improbable. You have to have so many things go right just to win a single game, much less all of them.

Honestly, as long as the defenses in the NFC West are strong, I don't think an undefeated season is a reality for any of the teams in the division.

rideaducati

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":150ter2i said:
Blitzer88":150ter2i said:

NFZqt

I hope this guy makes a happy video after week one.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Almost zero chance of an undefeated season. Too much can go wrong, and all has to go right. I have trouble even thinking Seattle can go undefeated in the NFC West.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Also, if we're sitting at 15-0 with HFA wrapped up already for the NFC, why play starters in game 16? Playoffs are a priority. The last opponent of the year will have their ears pinned back trying to gain respect by taking out the undefeated leaders, and may themselves be fighting for a wildcard berth. I'd say that 15-1 regular season is many times more likely than 16-0.

So... 18-1? Highly likely this season. :-0 19-0? Not so much.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
rideaducati":ewfsqbv6 said:
I hope this guy makes a happy video after week one.

Certainly would be nice. Somehow I've totally written off the Cowboys in that game, but I suppose that anything is possible.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Put me in the >1% crowd.

It's almost a truism that in the NFL, some crappy team will come along and beat a really good one. (Which might have happened last night, so we got it out of the way?) So I don't think it's much of a stretch to say, in a difficult division, Seattle will take a few losses.

Nice trolling effort, though. Looking to take some posts about delusional 'Hawks fans back to your Niners friends?

seahawks08

Reaction score
I think our road games need a little more fine tuning, for conditions are humid or hot. We play very fast and hard, the defense will lose steam. I saw that yesterday at Oakland and also against Miami a couple of seasons ago

Barthawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3nntjnis said:
Throwdown":3nntjnis said:

Derek not David.. Oakland won their SuperBowl..

Latest posts