Who will the captains be?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I haven't seen them announced anywhere yet. Should have a couple new ones since Big Red, Mike Rob, and Farwell will not be playing for the Seahawks this year.

Can have up to 2 for each of Offense, Defense, and STs. But the Hawks have only had 1 on Offense and Defense for the last couple years.

My guess:

Offense: Wilson
Defense: Earl Thomas III
Special Teams: Hauschka (this one is tough, no one really stands out yet)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
OFF: Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch
DEF: Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas
ST: Jeron Johnson and Steven Hauschka

Edit: Did not see that at max 2 were allowed.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wilson
Thomas / Wags
Ryan (he is going to need SOMETHING to do this season)

-bsd

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Offense: Baldwin / Wilson
Defense: Thomas / Wagner
ST: Gresham / Coyle

Gresham has been with the team for pete's tenure and has been as steady as you need a team captain to be; coyle may be a reach but the way he stepped in in preseason and led the defense shows that he has some leadership ability, along with epitomizing the seahawks late round/undrafted persona.

Cartire

Reaction score
rideaducati":ht8vosvv said:
Cartire":ht8vosvv said:
rideaducati":ht8vosvv said:
Wilson
Kam
Lockette

Lockette? Really?

The players vote for the captains and game knows game.

Im aware who votes. I dont see how lockette has proven himself a leader in any stretch of the imagination.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1rkiwoxg said:
Offense: Baldwin / Wilson
Defense: Thomas / Wagner
ST: Gresham / Coyle

Gresham has been with the team for pete's tenure and has been as steady as you need a team captain to be; coyle may be a reach but the way he stepped in in preseason and led the defense shows that he has some leadership ability, along with epitomizing the seahawks late round/undrafted persona.

I almost picked Gresham as well. He is very well-respected inside the locker room.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Wilson seems obvious for the O.

Any combo of Earl, Sherm or Bane--depending on whether they go with one or two--on D.

Gresham or Ryan on ST.

McGruff

Reaction score
rideaducati":3tnaykqu said:
Wilson
Kam
Lockette

Why Lockette? Lane and Johnson are much more consistent and integral special teams contributors.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Offense: Wilson and Unger (Smart level-headed)
Defense: Thomas and Kam (Smart and menacing)
Special teams: Hausch money.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Shocked at how many people in this thread named Richard Sherman for defense. Being a great player and being a captain are two completely different things. Richard Sherman - as spectacular of a player as he is - isn't even remotely close to being team captain material.

Cartire

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3bno1n1l said:
Shocked at how many people in this thread named Richard Sherman for defense. Being a great player and being a captain are two completely different things. Richard Sherman - as spectacular of a player as he is - isn't even remotely close to being team captain material.

I would agree with this in part. But I dont think hes as bad as you make it sound. However, I also dont think hes even close to some of the others on D.

ET, Kam, and Mebane all pop out to me way before Sherman.

And also to the one guy that didnt put Russ as a captain. I like that you are taking a stab at outside the box on that one, but, cmon man....

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3l3v35k2 said:

He talks the talks but more importantly plays up to it.. He's vocal, competitive, plays with passion, best in the league at his position, studies film with the best of them, always has his teammates back, always coaching other players up...that's not captain material?