Is NBC Streaming the Game Tomorrow?

HawkGA

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, they streamed their playoff games for free. Anybody know if they are streaming the game tomorrow night?

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":3qly9joh said:
If I'm not mistaken, they streamed their playoff games for free. Anybody know if they are streaming the game tomorrow night?

I'm not sure, but I don't believe they stream the regular season games. For some reason, playoff games are treated differently.

All I know is I'm glad I have a slingbox so I can catch the 1st quarter online at work, because I don't think I could handle not watching the kickoff live.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Cable free. Works really well. Except for sports. I'm hoping that will change soon. Pretty sure it would be okay with most other sports except the NFL (except that I don't watch much other sports except the occasional Alabama football game).

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":cggk0nqr said:
You don't have NFL Network?

Our game isn't on NFL Network. NBC has the opening day games. I believe the NFL Network is replaying the top 100 players list during the game tomorrow. I'm sure they'll have post game coverage though.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
NBC streams the Sunday Night Football games, can't see why tomorrow's game would be different.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sweet! I didn't realize they streamed their games last season. Now I'll have to go teach around half time. Who's going to remind me to get up from the game and go teach?

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2peb2z2g said:
Sweet! I didn't realize they streamed their games last season. Now I'll have to go teach around half time. Who's going to remind me to get up from the game and go teach?

Not sure it will work for you as it doesn't seem to be a regular live stream. From what I saw, it's only a streaming service for those who have cable or satellite accounts and that must be confirmed to watch the online stream.

This is the information I saw:

[urltargetblank]http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/about.html[/urltargetblank]

*What is NBC Sports Live Extra?
NBC Sports Live Extra is a service offered through participating cable, satellite and telco TV providers that allows you access to watch NBC Sports coverage of live events from NBC and NBCSports Network across NBCSports.com/LiveExtra and through NBCSports Live Extra Applications available for IOS and select Android devices.

I'd definitely recommend having a backup plan just in case you can't access this feed.

chevelle03

Reaction score
you don't need a subscription to watch programs on NBC's non-cable channel

*Is there NBC Sports Live Extra content available without a cable, satellite or telco TV subscription?
Yes, you can continue to visit http://www.nbcsports.com to access event clips, highlights, and expert commentary without a Pay TV subscription. Additionally, NBC sports broadcasts on NBC do not require a cable subscription.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I just assumed it was on NFL Network cause most of the Thursday night games were last year. Good thing I get both though..

kidhawk

Reaction score
chevelle03":2fiiblnd said:

*Is there NBC Sports Live Extra content available without a cable, satellite or telco TV subscription?
Yes, you can continue to visit http://www.nbcsports.com to access event clips, highlights, and expert commentary without a Pay TV subscription. Additionally, NBC sports broadcasts on NBC do not require a cable subscription.

I'm just going by what I can find on their website. If they stream it than all is good, but if they require the log in as their website implies, then he could find himself SOL at the last minute. Doesn't hurt to have a backup plan IMO. Personally, I can watch my slingbox so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I'm just trying to give some advice to help with the possibility that there could be an issue when it comes time to try to watch the game. Better safe than sorry

chevelle03

Reaction score
kidhawk":30mu7lwa said:
chevelle03":30mu7lwa said:

I'm just going by what I can find on their website. If they stream it than all is good, but if they require the log in as their website implies, then he could find himself SOL at the last minute. Doesn't hurt to have a backup plan IMO. Personally, I can watch my slingbox so it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I'm just trying to give some advice to help with the possibility that there could be an issue when it comes time to try to watch the game. Better safe than sorry

That is from the website http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/about.html

plus I've watched live stuff on there before without having to put in any subscription information. As long as he's got a US ip-address he should be good.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chevelle03":178yp31z said:
kidhawk":178yp31z said:
chevelle03":178yp31z said:

plus I've watched live stuff on there before without having to put in any subscription information. As long as he's got a US ip-address he should be good.

I completely believe you and am not trying to question your post at all. Just saying that it never hurts to have a backup plan just in case. I have a provider and I have sling so I'm not worried for myself, and since I'm not the one watching it, I defer to your experience, I just am one to be overly cautious and like to have a back up plan when it comes to something as important as catching our season opener live

grizbob

Reaction score
Since it's nationally televised couldn't you just turn on the TV? :?

chevelle03

Reaction score
kidhawk":qatt84yu said:
chevelle03":qatt84yu said:
kidhawk":qatt84yu said:
chevelle03":qatt84yu said:

I completely believe you and am not trying to question your post at all. Just saying that it never hurts to have a backup plan just in case. I have a provider and I have sling so I'm not worried for myself, and since I'm not the one watching it, I defer to your experience, I just am one to be overly cautious and like to have a back up plan when it comes to something as important as catching our season opener live

Yeah, no doubt. Just clarifying that the information I posted is from their actual website, and if it works anything like it has in the last week I don't see any reason why there would be a problem streaming it from nbcsports.com.

The one thing I do find is that sometimes there is not a direct link to live action on the liveextra page, but it's usually on the nbcsports.com home page and their twitter feed.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chevelle03":lnhhbzgd said:
The one thing I do find is that sometimes there is not a direct link to live action on the liveextra page, but it's usually on the nbcsports.com home page and their twitter feed.

Yea, I was thinking about the live link too. Might be helpful if someone can remember to post a link to it once they actually have a live link for those who are stuck somewhere and can't get to a tv for whatever reason. I'll try to remember to look for it tomorrow if I'm not overly distracted between work and watching pre-game stuff on my sling box

Cartire

Reaction score
NBC streams every single sporting event the cover for free via nbcsports.com

They have for quite awhile now. Doesnt matter if its preseason, regular season, or playoffs.

grizbob

Reaction score
chevelle03":3jx9scme said:
grizbob":3jx9scme said:
Since it's nationally televised couldn't you just turn on the TV? :?

Not everyone has a TV/a TV that shows NBC.

Ah I see your in the wrong nation :oops: But it sounds like you're in luck on the streaming :th2thumbs: