NFL.com Power Rankings 'Hawks 7th

gowazzu02

Reaction score
We lost.....we deserve to tumble in this weeks version of "list teams by record best to worst"

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. Sagarin still has us ranked 1st, as does PFT. A drop in most of the power rankings shouldn't be surprising or worrisome. It's just entertainment. If we beat Denver and rise in the power rankings, it will matter just as much.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You lose to a team that isn't in the top 3 or even top 5. You're going to drop a few spots. You lose by more than a TD, you drop another spot or two.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That's a pretty big tumble for one game. So last week we were better than every other team, not they really honestly think those 6 teams are better than us? I expected a 1 or 2 spot drop, but this is a bit of an overreaction IMO.

jblaze

Reaction score
How do you consider a team #1 one week and #7 the next? That's very flavor of the week and a bunch of garbage. Teams don't get that much better or worse week over week. This is just emotional sensationalized crap.

Arizona #4, are you kidding me? Give me a break. Why not just rank the teams by record? That's apparently what they're doing.

2_0_6

Reaction score
More fuel to the fire, and more weight added to the chip on the guys shoulders.

These power rankings are a total joke.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jblaze":dfbbr0eq said:
How do you consider a team #1 one week and #7 the next? That's very flavor of the week and a bunch of garbage. Teams don't get that much better or worse week over week. This is just emotional sensationalized crap.

Arizona #4, are you kidding me? Give me a break. Why not just rank the teams by record? That's apparently what they're doing.

That's exactly what they're doing, by record. How can you put the Hawks ahead of teams that are 2-0?

Don't tell me, cause it was really really super hot in SD.

Lxx

Reaction score
The NFL owns nfl.com
The NFL does not want a repeat.
Nfl.com wants people to believe that seattle is not a unstoppable juggernaut.

The broncos are the power ranking superbowl champions

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":xm8j9jnj said:
jblaze":xm8j9jnj said:

That's exactly what they're doing, by record. How can you put the Hawks ahead of teams that are 2-0?

If that's all they're doing, then this ranking is less than pointless. They should just link to the standings and be done with it.

Lxx

Reaction score
Because the 2-0 cardinals are a legitimate super bowl threat. Especially with Palmer at the helm

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just having the 2-0 Bills ranked beneath the chargers and the Seahawks shows it's not completely about the wins, but wins have to be a factor in the equation.

To me, 7th is fair. The 2-0 teams ahead of us deserve to be there, and the only 1-1 team ahead of us is the chargers. If you look directly above us, you have the Chargers in 6th and the Cardinals in 5th. The Chargers just lambasted us and the Cardinals beat the Chargers the week before so they really should be where they are.

For a list that doesn't hold any real meaning other than discussion purposes, it seems fair to me

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":210jxots said:
Sgt. Largent":210jxots said:
jblaze":210jxots said:

If that's all they're doing, then this ranking is less than pointless. They should just link to the standings and be done with it.

Well this early in the season what else is there to go on? No one really knows who's good or not yet, so yeah record would take precedent over "these guys were REALLY good last year, so let's put the Hawks ahead of the Cards."

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Lxx":xmh4e1rb said:
The NFL owns nfl.com
The NFL does not want a repeat.
Nfl.com wants people to believe that seattle is not a unstoppable juggernaut.

The broncos are the power ranking superbowl champions

tin-foil-hat.jpg

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It think it's a fair representation after week 2. Let's see what happens next week after Denver loses.

El Caliente

Reaction score
As a fan of the 0-2 Saints we deserve to be near the bottom. We can't call the Browns or Falcons a bad team because they have a win, while we don't.

As for your 'Hawks, I still see you guys as top 2, and we all know that whoever comes out of the NFC is taking the Super Bowl, and for that matter, the NFC Title game is essentially the Super Bowl. You guys will bounce back, and the Broncos will not make it to the Super Bowl, let alone win the thing.

themunn

Reaction score
OK, we fall from 1.

But they have us ranked 7th, the same position they had the Packers in last week (who fall after beating the Jets?) after we absolutely annihilated them on both sides of the ball.

The Panthers beat two teams with losing records - one of those a narrow victory over the Bucs who just lost to the RAMS... AT HOME.

When the Cardinals beat us last year, nobody was suggesting they were a better team than us, so why would a narrow loss to the Chargers make people believe we've gone from a team that had one of the most lopsided superbowl victories of all time to having 6 teams in the league better than us?

No chance

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Power rankings...individual statistics...a Seahawks fan craves not these things.

Latest posts