Who has the most pressure?

Largent80

Reaction score
Good question on KIRO about which team has more pressure.

If the Hawks would have won last Sunday I would easily say Denver, but with that loss the Hawks cannot go 1-2 then play 1 more and go into the bye week.

Also, SD beat them with the short game and that is what Denver does.

Pressure = Seahawks.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm feeling it... I have no doubt they are as well.

That's why I think the Hawks are going to uncork, 40+ points I'm predicting!

el capitan

Reaction score
After the way we kicked their posterior in the Superbowl nobody expects them to win, couple that with the LOB's epic fail last week I'd say there's more pressure on us than them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think Denver is under pressure to win, they're 2-0 and in a division with only one other halfway decent team.

But I think they are under pressure to play well and keep this game at least close. Elway spent A LOT of money in the off season to revamp their defense, so to come in here and get blown out again fully healthy with no excuses would crush their hopes of now thinking they're on par with the dominant teams in the NFC.

Mckinja

Reaction score
An argument could be made either way, really. Denver has a ton of pressure on them to prove that the SB was an aberration, uncharacteristic. While the Denver offense is doing their thing, their so-called much-improved defense, with several high-priced FA additions, hasn't shown they are any better yet. They are also coming to our place, which the whole world knows is the most difficult place to play a road game. We have pressure on us to prove that last week was not who we are as a team, that we are still the best in the NFC, if not the NFL (or at least in that conversation).

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Record-wise, Seahawks. From a fan's standpoint, Broncos. They have a ton of pressure from the fanbase, and even themselves to prove the SB was a fluke. There's pressure for both teams to win for different reasons.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't think either team is feeling any pressure related to won loss record. We are a ways from that.

But Denver has to be feeling a bit like they have to win convincingly to shut up the critics. If they lose convincingly, regular season achievements for 2014 will all be talked about with caveats. And that is pressure.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
we dont play one more after this. We play the donks then bye week.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":10s1dc4c said:
we dont play one more after this. We play the donks then bye week.

Which makes this game have even MORE pressure for us. My bad on the first remark, guess I still haven't recovered from all the heat we have had for well over a week. Thankfully it is way cooler and so am I.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":yojg7tzk said:
I don't think either team is feeling any pressure related to won loss record. We are a ways from that.

But Denver has to be feeling a bit like they have to win convincingly to shut up the critics. If they lose convincingly, regular season achievements for 2014 will all be talked about with caveats. And that is pressure.

By that same token, there are a lot of people that think Seattle's D has been solved in light of the Chargers game. I think Seattle will control Denver well enough, but if they give up 30 in back to back games, with the second being at home, I think our D's reputation could be in trouble. And reputation actually matters for defense, which is why almost every elite QB that faces Seattle plays with his tail between his legs.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Scottemojo":28l95ifk said:

I have to disagree on that. Early?...OK, but to go into the bye at 1-2 is huge.

After that, we have to play 13 straight games. We go to Wash. after the bye, get 1 home game then 2 hard road games.......Make no mistake, this game is huge for Seattle.

Cartire

Reaction score
Seattle, hands down.

If Denver loses, no one will be surprised. It's at the clink and we demolished them in the super bowl.

If we lose. Well, prepare for two weeks of embarrassment

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I am re-watching the SB. Harvin just ran it back, and I danced my ass off to Bruno Mars...

Hell. We are gonna win.

renofox

Reaction score
Denver.

At their best, the Seahawks humiliated the Broncos and got the ring. Since the team has changed little, they know that they are a fundamentally superior team that can beat anybody when the play their own game well. If they lose this game, they can acknowledge that the lost due to poor play and move on to next week without another thought.

At their best, The Broncos were humiliated in their quest for a ring. They realized they were fundamentally flawed. They restructured their team, and mortgaged future salary cap for one reason - to be able to compete against an NFC West style of opponent and ultimately win the ring.

If they lose, especially if they are beaten badly, the entire organization will question everything about itself. That, in and of itself, could lead to a nice little implosion.

See: 2013 Houston Texans.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1bbe4igp said:

Exactly. If they lose by 3+ scores here, they could break last year's record on offense and everyone would just shrug and be like, "yeah, but..."

:)

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I think Denver are in danger of getting too hyped up/emotional for this one. Sure, they've got some new faces but it's the same organisation and it's the only game they've been looking at since the fixtures were announced. They see it as an opportunity for 'revenge, retribution and redemption' but run the risk of repetition.

It kind of feels a little like the Super Bowl to me in that our players will be treating it like any other game. For Denver however, the Super Bowl was life and death, they had 'Peyton's legacy' resting on that game. His legacy may not face questioning tomorrow, but their team's reputation might. It's all about how 'they' respond, so the pressure's definitely on them.

Revenge is a dish best served cold and I think this situation is still a bit too warm, and it's only going to reach boiling point when that flag is raised tomorrow.

I know this isn't a prediction thread but I'd take the spread if it was double the 5 points it currently sits at.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mfh4fml said:
I don't think Denver is under pressure to win, they're 2-0 and in a division with only one other halfway decent team.

But I think they are under pressure to play well and keep this game at least close. Elway spent A LOT of money in the off season to revamp their defense, so to come in here and get blown out again fully healthy with no excuses would crush their hopes of now thinking they're on par with the dominant teams in the NFC.

This. There is a ton of pressure on the Donks, to be honest. They got worked the last real game they played us, and if anyone is to give them a chance, they at least have to make it close.

Believe me, there is a ton of pressure when you play a team to not get annihlated.