Chancellor blasts Broncos for complaining about coin toss

lsheldon

Reaction score
Didn't see this posted, and I thought it was interesting enough to post.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/artic ... s/17349587

Ever since Sunday’s overtime win a number of voices in the media and the Broncos team have been complaining about the rules which allowed the Seahawks to gain possession of the ball at the beginning of the extra period.

Peyton Manning said that the rules put the “premium on the coin toss,” meanwhile USA Today wondered aloud if it was unfair:

The Denver Post openly claimed the NFL must change its rules:

overtime2.png

After several days of hearing this nonsense, yesterday Chancellor decided that he’d had enough and he sent out this message on Twitter:

Why talk about overtime rules being fair now? At the end of the day this game comes down to defense. Stop the offense and you don't complain.

— Kameron (@Kam_Chancellor) September 23, 2014

Closing paragraphs really made me laugh:

However, until the NFL decides to change the way it goes about possession the rules are the rules and the Denver Broncos have to abide by it just like every other team. It’s pathetic that they’re crying about it in the media when they couldn’t get the job done on the field.

Let’s just pray the 49ers and Broncos never meet in the Super bowl – the whining might reach a fever pitch and shatter every glass window in the continental United States.

NINEster

Reaction score
How quickly they forget Tebow's last hurrah as a starting QB was a first play from scrimmage strike to Demaryius Thomas knocking out the Steelers from the playoffs....under the old rules.

NINEster

Reaction score
People want to complain about the 40-whiners, but really.....nothing comes close to Peyton Manning in this league.

First with Polian trying to get the league to stop Belichick's DBs from shutting down Peyton.

Now it's doing whatever it can to make sure Peyton goes out on top.

I know a lot of people on here can actually relate in this only mutual dislike we have for Peyton, but league wide fans are blind to it and love him to death.

I want him to stick around because it's fun to root against him, but at times I wish he had retired two years ago and kept this league from deteriorating.

Where's the help for Brady? It's there, but nowhere near as much as Peyton. It's sickening beyond belief, and it looks like his successor in Indy will be next in line.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NINEster":38ptv4pj said:
People want to complain about the 40-whiners, but really.....nothing comes close to Peyton Manning in this league.

First with Polian trying to get the league to stop Belichick's DBs from shutting down Peyton.

I know a lot of people on here can actually relate in this only mutual dislike we have for Peyton, but league wide fans are blind to it and love him to death.

I want him to stick around because it's fun to root against him, but at times I wish he had retired two years ago and kept this league from deteriorating.

Where's the help for Brady? It's there, but nowhere near as much as Peyton. It's sickening beyond belief, and it looks like his successor in Indy will be next in line.
You ain't lying, man. The Mannings are NFL royalty

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NINEster":lrxjq4tn said:

Best post from a Whiner fan on these boards all year.

Oh, and good for Kam.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Agreed on all points.

It's more and more like a victory parade where the ending hasn't quite been organised.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
How much mileage do you think you guys are you guys going to get out of an exaggerated Manning post-game comment, two Denver writers, and Deion Sanders? Let's keep blowing this thing up, I guess.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Personally I'm a huge Peyton fan and it's must watch TV every time he's on the field. He's the true definition of a QB being a surgeon on the field. I don't think nor believe of the silly narrative the NFL wants him to go out on top. He's one of the greatest players this league has ever seen.

And though they have fairly different styles of play and definitely different body types, our QB shares a ton similarities with Manning himself.

RiverDog

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":pg8nptle said:
Steve2222":pg8nptle said:
Personally I'm a huge Peyton fan and it's must watch TV every time he's on the field. He's the true definition of a QB being a surgeon on the field. I don't think nor believe of the silly narrative the NFL wants him to go out on top. He's one of the greatest players this league has ever seen.

And though they have fairly different styles of play and definitely different body types, our QB shares a ton similarities with Manning himself.

I agree, Manning is an excellent football player and seems a class act both on and off the field. I'll forgive him a bit of moaning after a loss, it's tough out there, and he knows the curtain is coming down on his career. One thing people forget is that Manning - like most sports stars - is a fierce competitor. You know every loss has to hurt badly for him. HE will want to go out on top, not the NFL wanting him to go out on top.

I don't get why people dislike Peyton.

As far as my own sentiments goes, it's not Peyton I dislike. Peyton himself seems like a decent guy, very respectful, good role model for the kids, always says the PC thing. He's perhaps the best football player of his generation.

What I dislike is things like the media throwing up their arms in disgust after a game like we had last Sunday that left poor Peyton with his hands on his hips watching Russell Wilson drive his team 80 yards for the winning touchdown when that particular rule that limited Peyton's OT participation has been in effect for not two years ago, when they required a touchdown on the first possession to end the game, but decades earlier when they instituted the overtime period when any score ended the game. Lots of great quarterbacks had to sit on the sidelines during OT when their defense couldn't get the ball back in overtime. So why bring up the issue now?

homerun1970

Reaction score
People talk about Peyton always being a class act, yet I recall him going off about his kicker and his offensive line he threw under the bus. The NFL changed rules when the Pats were beating him. Seattle beats him oh now we are going to put an emphasis on those rules. I would think for a man that is supposed to be a great football mind he should have adapted. Do people think he doesn't know the pick plays aren't legal? Now he's going to whine about a coin toss and they will look into it for him.The game changes yet there is a perception that the NFL has been trying to change the rules so Peyton's remains effective.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like Peyton a lot, class guy. However, I'm ready for him and Brady to retire. So damn sick of hearing about these guys.

Happy

Reaction score
The Pete Carroll Seahawks have a knack for disrupting the narrative and the storylines that the league and the media create for the fans to follow. The natural reaction to that is to resist the new reality, to try and poke holes in it, put the genie back in the bottle.

End result:

*Controversy over making the playoffs in 2010
*Fail Mary
*Changing the DB rules
*Wanting to revisit the overtime rules

The Seahawks are disruptors right now and it's causing a lot of angst. I love it.

What I'm not gonna love, is when it's our turn to be the establishment and someone else shows up to upset the apple cart and make life unpredicatble. So, I'm just gonna savor the flavor. These are good times.

-happy

homerun1970

Reaction score
Peaches I don't remember the exact quotes either. what gets to me I guess is mainly it's never a team win it is manning win and when he lost it sure wasn't his fault. The XL comment I'm not sure that's the case Bettis is golden Peyton is Platinum could be a ref hosing either way.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Happy":2ee4wcly said:
The Pete Carroll Seahawks have a knack for disrupting the narrative and the storylines that the league and the media create for the fans to follow. The natural reaction to that is to resist the new reality, to try and poke holes in it, put the genie back in the bottle.

End result:

*Controversy over making the playoffs in 2010
*Fail Mary
*Changing the DB rules
*Wanting to revisit the overtime rules

The Seahawks are disruptors right now and it's causing a lot of angst. I love it.

What I'm not gonna love, is when it's our turn to be the establishment and someone else shows up to upset the apple cart and make life unpredicatble. So, I'm just gonna savor the flavor. These are good times.

-happy
QFT.
I love when a reporter mentions a trend to Pete that seems to indicate the Hawks are destined to fail. Like the SB champ not winning a playoff game thing. I think Pete relishes being the guy and team that ends trends AND the applecart too.

I think as long as Pete is here Seattle will be disruptive. He is too busy trying to be ahead of the trends for us not to be disruptive.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
homerun1970":3i58m0qm said:
Peaches...........The XL comment I'm not sure that's the case Bettis is golden Peyton is Platinum could be a ref hosing either way.
Agree homerun. I actually think it more likely if we would've played Pey Pey's team.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1s3rvu7b said:
homerun1970":1s3rvu7b said:
People talk about Peyton always being a class act, yet I recall him going off about his kicker and his offensive line he threw under the bus. The NFL changed rules when the Pats were beating him. Seattle beats him oh now we are going to put an emphasis on those rules. I would think for a man that is supposed to be a great football mind he should have adapted. Do people think he doesn't know the pick plays aren't legal? Now he's going to whine about a coin toss and they will look into it for him.The game changes yet there is a perception that the NFL has been trying to change the rules so Peyton's remains effective.

Alright, I need to interject here. He said "We had some protection issues". I'm not sure that constitutes throwing anyone under the bus. Can't remember what he said about the kicker, but Vanderjagt should have made that kick in the AFC title game against the Stealers. We would absolutely have won XL if that had happened.
here's Peyton on Mike Vanderjagt.

Peyton Manning":1s3rvu7b said:
“Here we are, I’m out at my third Pro Bowl, and we’re talking about our idiot kicker, who got liquored up and ran his mouth off. What is the sports world coming to when we’re talking about idiot kickers? He has ruined kickers for life. (David) Akers and (Adam) Vinatieri, these guys are great guys, and they’ve been getting killed all week because our idiot ran his mouth.

“When I get home, I’ll deal with it. Tony and I will talk about it. It’s kind of funny, really, when you think about it. If he’s still a teammate, we’ll deal with it. That remains to be seen. The sad thing is, he’s a good kicker. He’s a good kicker. But he’s an idiot.”

Reaneypark

Reaction score
If Knighton hadn't taken the play off and gotten driven to the cheapseats by Sweezy on Marshawn's TD, then Peyton may have gotten his shot. Seems like nobody wants to hold the Denver D accountable for anything that happened after the coin flip.

RiverDog

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":so6vot6p said:
Alright, I need to interject here. He said "We had some protection issues". I'm not sure that constitutes throwing anyone under the bus. Can't remember what he said about the kicker, but Vanderjagt should have made that kick in the AFC title game against the Stealers. We would absolutely have won XL if that had happened.

I remember that post game interview. The media put Manning on the spot, made him say something about the performance of his OL, which was, indeed, pretty bad during that game. Peyton was being as PC as possible in that situation when he said "we had some protection issues." To have said anything less, he would have been accused of sugar coating the problem.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":17w1ckhq said:
here's Peyton on Mike Vanderjagt.

Peyton Manning":17w1ckhq said:
“Here we are, I’m out at my third Pro Bowl, and we’re talking about our idiot kicker, who got liquored up and ran his mouth off. What is the sports world coming to when we’re talking about idiot kickers? He has ruined kickers for life. (David) Akers and (Adam) Vinatieri, these guys are great guys, and they’ve been getting killed all week because our idiot ran his mouth.

“When I get home, I’ll deal with it. Tony and I will talk about it. It’s kind of funny, really, when you think about it. If he’s still a teammate, we’ll deal with it. That remains to be seen. The sad thing is, he’s a good kicker. He’s a good kicker. But he’s an idiot.”
And some of Y'all thinks this jackass is a class guy?
I agree with Kam Chancellor, just quit sniveling, because when your Defense, you know... your high dollar team mates?, the ones that came up short of stopping the too short Quarterback, Russell Wilson, and his Offense from making y'all look bad......again.