I'll take Ugly Everytime...

Hawkboi

Reaction score
A lot of people I've talked with has said "Wow what an ugly win!" my comback is there is no such thing as an ugly win.... A win is a win in the NFL... Especially on their turf.... We won and now we move on to the next game.... There were too many penalty's that should not have happened or were bad calls, but we managed to come out on top... That's all that matters in the end.... Might be Ugly in some ways, but it's beautiful in so many ways.... :thirishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed old friend!

There is no such thing as an ugly win. Every win in the NFL is a thing of beauty. Warts and all.

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks won by 10, and outgained the opponent by 100 yards, in their house. It should have been a lot more, if not for the refs reading the rulebook upside down on a few noteworthy occasions, and Seattle's WRs suddenly deciding to have 30% of the drops they'll experience all season in one game.

I think minormillikin is spot on, and adding clarity to the term 'ugly win.'

I don't think this was an ugly win though. Seattle was in control the whole time. It felt like a win the whole way. It was insanely frustrating though. So I would go with 'aggravating win' or something like that.

After watching this game, I'm pretty sure the 2014 Seahawks would have won SB XL. The mental toughness of this team is to be commended.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sea 12 Car 7: Kearse long bomb and a Dangelo Williams fumble by Earl Thomas at the 7 yard line.

Sea 29 SF0 3: 5-0 at halftime. Seattle pulls away in the 4th because Kaepernick sucks

Sea 23 Hou 20: Sherman pick 6 for the tie with 2 minutes left. Baldwin suplexed in OT gives Seahawks opportunity to put it away.

Sea 20 Tenn 13: I don't remember much but sloppy play highlighted by a Maragos' folly.

Sea 14 STL 9: Tate for 80 yard TD on a great play. Seahawks need a goal-line stand to seal the win.

Sea 27 TB 24: Seahawks let a rookie QB and 2nd string RB on an 0-8 team school them into OT.

Sea 23 NO 15: After dominating for 58 minutes, the Seahawks allowed the Saints to pick up momentum, if not for a Colston boneheaded play when he attemped a lateral but forward pass when he should have stepped out of bound.... who knows how it would ended when we saw Meacham turn a 50 yard play off a tipped passed. Not to mention how many FGs the Saints missed.

Sea 23 SF0 17: If not for a ballsy 4th and 7th TD and Kaepernick crapping the bed in the 4th QTR yet again, this game came down to a T... T is for Tip. If Kaepernick had any awareness what so ever he hits Boldin who was open or dumps it off to Patton.

Seahawks WIN ugly... that's how they do it... they almost at times have a tendacy to play down to their opponents or have an innate ability to trip over their own feet.

But at the same time... the Seahawks are notoriously sloppy coming of BYE weeks/TNF games especially when they have to travel and if it weren't for DeSean Jackson this game isn't even close.

Seahawks are also collectively the 7th youngest team in the NFL. They are still growing and learning how to be Pros as well as gelling as a team. The 4th game of 2014 was leaps and bounds better than the 4th game of 2013.

Let's just be real... some here just need to lower their expectations just a little bit. Its like you guys are living re-runs of the 3 week stretch in 2012 where we decimated the Cards, 49ers, and Bills.

chris98251

Reaction score
She was a ten when I picked her up last night, something happened when she went to sleep, she woke up a 4.

Hawks46

Reaction score
chris98251":1gz2qjr1 said:
She was a ten when I picked her up last night, something happened when she went to sleep, she woke up a 4.

That would about describe it. If this wasn't an ugly win, I don't know what is.

That said, I would amend that statement just a bit. There sure are ugly wins in the NFL. There are no bad wins.

Every win is a good win.

endzorn

Reaction score
I feel better about this game than I did about Houston, Tampa, @ St Louis and Tennessee last year.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
If they don't win by at least 14 every game from here on out I swear I'm gonna switch teams. Go Eagles, or Giants, or Texans, or...... oh geez, who am I kidding. I love me some Seahawks. Call me homer.

Escamillo

Reaction score
It's called "Moral Defeat".
You know how "moral victory" is when a loser tries to find a way to treat a loss as a win?
Well, the reverse of that "moral defeat", which is when a winner decides to treat a win as a loss.

We're seeing a lot of "moral defeatists" around the Seahawk fanbase and the Seattle sports media. I'm not down with that, it's hard enough to get wins as it is, without treating wins as losses. Seahawks fans and media must be very spoiled indeed, if they're going to treat an east-coast double-digit victory treated as a loss. lol

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You either Win or you don't. No style points in the NFL. Many fans expect a blowout every time, and that's just not realistic. Shoot, there were plenty of nail biters last year.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38j1i60x said:
You either Win or you don't. No style points in the NFL. Many fans expect a blowout every time, and that's just not realistic. Shoot, there were plenty of nail biters last year.

agree...I dont care how we win, as long as we keep winning

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
endzorn":3t9djptn said:
I feel better about this game than I did about Houston, Tampa, @ St Louis and Tennessee last year.

This is exactly true. Same with the Broncs game 2 weeks ago. Some people I've talked to feel like that was practically a loss. Ridiculous, I say.

@ STL last year was the worst win in recent memory. But still a win!

keatonisballin

Reaction score
We won by 10 on the road. Yeah it was incredibly frustrating at times watching 3 TDs get taken away. And watching Okung forget how to play football. And all the other mistakes. But I'd rather make those mistakes against a crap team like Washington and still win, then make them against a good team and lose.

Cartire

Reaction score
I think most people refer to this as an ugly win, not because we didnt blow them out, but because of the high amount of penalties.

And thats the only reason.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2zw0ntpz said:

During the last few weeks of the regular season last year there was a lot of "there's no way we will win next week/playoff game/etc. if the offense keeps playing like this". The offense kept playing like that, and they seemed to do okay by the end of the year.

My basic expectation is that the team competes and even if they're losing they're in it in the end to have a shot at winning it. I like that Carroll tends to suck other teams into a crappy game and keep it close, especially when you have the magic man, Mr. Wilson, ready to take it over if need be. He seems to get a lot of wins that way and I like that.