Practice (Injury) Report: Week 6 vs. Cowboys (Game Status)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Wednesday

Seahawks

OUT

Miller, Zach.....TE....Ankle

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

Bailey, Alvin....T....Oblique
Simon, Tharold....CB....Knee
Unger, Max....C....Foot
Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Not Injury Related

Cowboys

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

Carter, Bruce....LB....Thigh
Lawrence, Cameron....LB....Thigh
McClain, Rolando....LB....Groin
Parnell, Jermey....T....Chest
Romo, Tony....QB....Back

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

Spencer, Anthony....DE....Knee

FULL PARTICIPATION

Bryant, Dez....WR....Shoulder
Melton, Henry....DT....Calf

[urltargetblank]http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/injury-report.html[/urltargetblank]

Since there was a request for it I added the cowboys this week

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Really hope it is nothing major for Unger, and hopefully Bailey will be back for this game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Been a while since Unger has played up to his pro bowl rep. 2012 at least. As long as we can stay away from snap issues, having a backup in there might nit be a huge drop off. Not that max isn't a better option. But I have felt like he hasn't been right for a while.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2vpfqwz8 said:
Been a while since Unger has played up to his pro bowl rep. 2012 at least. As long as we can stay away from snap issues, having a backup in there might nit be a huge drop off. Not that max isn't a better option. But I have felt like he hasn't been right for a while.

While I agree.. I don't feel very good about a 3rd string center in there. If Lem were healthy, that's one thing.. Schilling though.. yikes.

Hope Unger just sat out practice to rest his foot.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2bausox7 said:
Hawknballs":2bausox7 said:

While I agree.. I don't feel very good about a 3rd string center in there. If Lem were healthy, that's one thing.. Schilling though.. yikes.

Hope Unger just sat out practice to rest his foot.
I say throw Shill to the wolves for a few snaps (during practice). Maybe Unger will get a fire lit under his buns when his job is at risk.

Unger neds to fix these snapping issues, I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't a reoccurring issue. I mean...come on...it's beenhappening way too frequently for a pro bowl calibur center.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk said:

Thursday

Cowboys

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

Carter, Bruce....LB....Thigh
Lawrence, Cameron....LB....Thigh
McClain, Rolando....LB....Groin
Patmon, Tyler....DB....Illness

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

Spencer, Anthony....DE....Knee
Parnell, Jermey....T....Chest

FULL PARTICIPATION

Bryant, Dez....WR....Shoulder
Melton, Henry....DT....Calf
Romo, Tony....QB....Back

Seahawks' Report isn't online yet. Will post it as soon as I see it.

hawker84

Reaction score
Cowboy fans accross the globe rejoycing at the fact Lynch missed practice with back issues.. lol...sssshhh don't tell them.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":i4t9aq4d said:
Cowboy fans accross the globe rejoycing at the fact Lynch missed practice with back issues.. lol...sssshhh don't tell them.

if anyone would understand it would probably be the informed cowboy fan, as they have their own star player with back issues who gets extra rest because of it.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score

Thursday

Seahawks

OUT

Miller, Zach.....TE....Ankle

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

Bailey, Alvin....T....Oblique
Simon, Tharold....CB....Knee
Unger, Max....C....Foot
Chancellor, Kam....SS....Ankle
Harvin, Percy....WR....Thigh

FULL PARTICIPATION

Lynch, Marshawn....RB....Not Injury Related

Lynch was back at it after his normal day of rest.

Chancellor was added today. Hoping it's just a day to rest his ankle, as we know it's likely to be an issue all season

Harvin was added for a thigh injury. Hoping this is just minor and getting a day off, but it was a bit surprising, so I'll be interested to see what happens with this tomorrow.

Silentwander

Reaction score
Thank you for the cowboys link, BillA. *Bows* to KidHawk for cowboys injury list :} Easier to look at two teams injury on same page. Hopeful nothing major serious on Kam and Percy. They are just "rest" that day, right?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/10/09/percy-harvin-kam-chancellor-miss-practice-three-days-before-seahawks-host-dallas/[/urltargetblank]

My sense is that today was a rest day for Harvin and Chancellor, and that Unger is far more iffy for Sunday. It’s actually been a surprise Harvin hasn’t missed more practices — as we were told he likely would this preseason and regular season following that hip surgery. And this won’t be the last practice Chancellor sits out this season, given his bone spurs haven’t vanished from his ankles and the pain is likely to come and go. Plus, this was the only semi-heavy practice day of this week for the team — the Seahawks got back from D.C. Tuesday afternoon and had a walkthrough Wednesday, about the level they normally do on a Friday before a Sunday game

Saw this in the trib blog. I believe this paragraph pretty much sums up what I'm thinking as well.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":1nzx1bjf said:
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/10/09/percy-harvin-kam-chancellor-miss-practice-three-days-before-seahawks-host-dallas/[/urltargetblank]

My sense is that today was a rest day for Harvin and Chancellor, and that Unger is far more iffy for Sunday. It’s actually been a surprise Harvin hasn’t missed more practices — as we were told he likely would this preseason and regular season following that hip surgery. And this won’t be the last practice Chancellor sits out this season, given his bone spurs haven’t vanished from his ankles and the pain is likely to come and go. Plus, this was the only semi-heavy practice day of this week for the team — the Seahawks got back from D.C. Tuesday afternoon and had a walkthrough Wednesday, about the level they normally do on a Friday before a Sunday game

Saw this in the trib blog. I believe this paragraph pretty much sums up what I'm thinking as well.

Clair Farnesworth said in an article yesterday that Kam and Harvin were sat out to rest.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 598247449d

Lynch was back after having his weekly day off from practice on Wednesday, but Chancellor and Harvin sat out to rest.

Pete said before the season that Harvin would likely take days off during the week to keep him fresh. Nothing unexpected really.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":arj7raqf said:
Pete said before the season that Harvin would likely take days off during the week to keep him fresh. Nothing unexpected really.

I fully expected them to both get rest, I just didn't expect an injury listed next to Harvin's name. I know he had cramps during the game, but otherwise I've not heard any evidence of even a hint of an injury from him. I would have thought he'd be listed as NIR like Lynch was. I also kind of expected Lynch's reason to be "back" not NIR. Maybe it's just Pete playing fast and loose with the reports. Wouldn't be the first coach to do so.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie. I don't feel all that great about Schilling at C if that goes down this weekend. I would feel much more comfortable if Lem was still around.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Kam injured his hip, the opposite one he had surgery on. Not good. Unger is doubtful, Kam questionable.