Why don't we use the fullback anymore?

seabowl

Reaction score
When MRob was here we come see him to lead block for Marshawn quite a bit. Now with Coleman I hardly ever see us using the fullback. Not sure what they think of Coleman but IMO we should be using a fullback more often especially with his Oline.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
seabowl":jphygz3n said:
When MRob was here we come see him to lead block for Marshawn quite a bit. Now with Coleman I hardly ever see us using the fullback. Not sure what they think of Coleman but IMO we should be using a fullback more often especially with his Oline.
The Hawks averaged more yards per carry WITHOUT a FB last year and I think the year before. FB hasn't helped our run game for a while.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":232zguv6 said:
seabowl":232zguv6 said:
The Hawks averaged more yards per carry WITHOUT a FB last year and I think the year before. FB hasn't helped our run game for a while.

Doesn't hurt in pass protection though.

seahawks187

Reaction score
they had a couple runs with the fullback.. mike rob last season was definitely in the game a lot more than DC this season.. they are just going to the read option.. jet sweep type offense.. when we used to be a smash mouth running team

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We don't use the FB much anymore because Coleman isn't half as effective as M-Rob.

Salk asked the same question this morning, and Brock said Coleman isn't even close to the effective blocker that M-Rob was, so Pete has gone away from two back sets.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Coleman is not very good. MRob was a hammer. He would blow guys up. Lynch is a better blocker as well. I am surprised he even
Made the team, just not special. I'd rather run a 2 TE set and just have lynch in the backfield.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Because we're no longer a run first smash-mouth team. We're a cutesy jet-sweep team.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I hate to say i told you so,,,,but I was screaming we weren't running enough early when we were having success...... And its exacerbated in our losses

For whatever reason. Bevell chooses to run shot gun on 85% of his snaps now. (real stat, from Wash and dal games per kjr this morning)........Can't have a full back,,,, or much of a run emphasis when your constantly in the gun.

I miss the I formation!

bbsplitter

Reaction score
From what I have seen Coleman has been playing fairly well. I love MRob but he was not the god of FB's. Coleman is still new and from what I have seen on track for an effective career. We seem to run the ball well with a FB, but we need to run the ball in order to get reps and improve...

seahawks187

Reaction score
it's the natural evolution of this offense with russell wilson and trying to be a more prolific offense putting up more points.. instead of a grind it out offense playing smash mouth football running the ball and using play action.. people moaned and groaned when we ran the ball a ton vs 8 - 9 man boxes saying we needed to pass the ball etc

IDK but peyton manning had a quote about the jets game about the broncos running game and he said "The way the Jets played us, my guess was, they didn't think much of our running game coming into the game. When you take your two linebackers and walk them both out on your two receivers, they're basically kind of laughing at your running game."
This is exactly how I feel when teams press up on our WRs playing man to man.. they are just laughing at our passing attack and it pisses me off because it happened all last year vs sf.. az..stl and it just happened again vs dallas and they still haven't figured out a way to beat it??