Any evidance Harvin didn't give 100% ?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Has anyone watched the All 22 and focused on Harvin? Did he ever give up on his routes or run blocking? I really wouldnt be surprised if he was unhappy he wasnt getting the ball enough, and would then give little effort because he wasnt getting the ball enough.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I have to admit, I witnessed few plays that Harvin didn't appear to be playing very hard. Now, that's not to say he didn't give up on plays, but I don't recall thatt he did. I think one reason for this is about every time the dude was on the field, he was in the mix and that is how you have to play Percy Harvin. Keep him involved. With that, we should have known Harvin was on his way out when we grabbed Rich and Norwood. I couldn't grasp how we were going to keep harvin pacified by adding more weapons. Now we know.

I have heard a small tidbit (nothing solid...friend of a friend thing) regarding Harvin's displeasure in Seattle. It was said that during the last game he played as a Vike (against us), Pete spoke with Harvin during warm ups and asked him why the Vikes never use him deep (?). Pete (supposedly) then asked him if he'd like to play for the Hawks one day and Harvin told Pete he'd love to play with Wilson.

I believe the info above to be accurate. I think it quite possible Pete led Harvin to believe we'd use him in a way he wasn't being used in Minnesota. Then we made the trade from hell and Harvin elected to have the surgery. If you believe everything you hear, Pete and JS were all but finished with him right then, largely because of that decision and his reported bad 'tude. So all bets were off after that and it's my belief they went into damage control, using him the way they felt would bring optimum trade value.

I am not knocking Pete in the least with the above. I totally believe Harvin is using his lack of deep balls as an excuse for being a punk. Likely because he wasn't well received by the team upon arrival. That, and when you pay a guy as much as we paid Harvin, he just needs to STFU and run the plays asked of him regardless of promises, assumptions and / or desires.

For a guy that claimed "all I want to do is win", It's very fitting he is now finally where he belongs...with a loser.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
My assumption was that Harvin was not used on deep routes because he did not run his routes well or could not be trusted to run correct routes. You would think he would be a great wr to have during scramble drills which wilson excels at but its likely they were never on the same page.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Agreed. Percy is / was merely a running back too fragile to play the position. Worse, he plays like he thinks he's a beast. That's not a great combination. He does have good hands and excellent speed. I'm sure he could have been a great route runner, deep threat, but that requires coaching and practice.

Coaching. Practice. Harvin. < One of these things don't go with the others.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Wenhawk":21l8qgb0 said:
Has anyone watched the All 22 and focused on Harvin? Did he ever give up on his routes or run blocking? I really wouldnt be surprised if he was unhappy he wasnt getting the ball enough, and would then give little effort because he wasnt getting the ball enough.
His jet sweeps got worse every week, and one reason is because he would run half speed if he wasn't getting the handoff.

He ran at 2 speeds:
1) "getting the ball" speed
2) "not getting the ball" speed

He also gave up on his "routes" when wilson had to scramble.

Not only is Harvin's "best" not as good as people think, but he also never gave his best.

He has always been overrated.