Do you guys get that feeling that AZ...?

danp1990

Reaction score
This week has Felt exactly like last year's game against the Saints.records are off but nevertheless were both fighting for that #1 seed. Although they don't boast that high power offense, their Defense is all the talk like The Saints Offense was last yr. I even get the feeling AZ will be blitz happy just like the Saints were last yr. I can definitely see a ton of 0 coverage blitzing! And their #3 ranked overall defense. I don't want to jinx it , I know it'll be a good game, I just hope the outcome will be the same. As always go Hawks!!!

homerun1970

Reaction score
I don't think the Card's can be defeated in the same blow out manner. I do envision us leaving with the division in grasp but in a close game. Saints were closer to Denver to me, throw off the routes and tempo and watch things get out of hand in a hurry. Cards are more than willing to get into a low scoring defensive slugfest and I don't know that we have the receivers to break them open and get them out of the box. They aren't as easily disrupted and game plan blown wide open is I guess what I am saying.

OP
OP
D

danp1990

Reaction score
I guess I was trying to say the comparison between last yrs. Saints #3 ranked defense and a blitz happy coach in Rex Ryan and Cards "Tod Bowles". Plus the added similarities in the hype of the game plus the fight for the #1 seed.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I don't get that feeling at all. Much easier to picture us blowing out the saints at home last year than anything happening like that this week. Sunday will be on a those games where it won't matter how pretty it is as long as we win by at least 1 point.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2k65jn1s said:
I don't get that feeling at all. Much easier to picture us blowing out the saints at home last year than anything happening like that this week. Sunday will be on a those games where it won't matter how pretty it is as long as we win by at least 1 point.

Yes, I'll take a 7-6 win all day long in this one! Don't need style points to make the playoffs.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I understand that they are an 11 win team, but I think people are giving arizona too much credit.

I can't envision this game being close. The cardinals do not have any kind of an offense, and IMO their defense is a tad overrated and can be burned. Hawks win big and puts the league on notice (if they aren't already)

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I think it is funny how everybody seems to get shoe horned in to 2 categories on this. You are either a worry wort that thinks this going to be a very close game that we could win or lose; or you are accused of being overconfident for predicting a blow out.

I am going on record calling for a "comortable" win. What I mean by comfortable? We are ahead by 2 scores (even if it is only 10 pts) in the 4th qtr and running the clock down. Even if you think their D is close to the same level as ours, I just do not see their O doing enough. It would take one of those games where their D or ST score a lot which would be a bit of a fluke for our team to be that careless w/ the ball. Not saying it can't or won't happen, I just don't think they will let it happen.

Long story short, too late I know, I call this game a "comfortable" win.

Giblien

Reaction score
Not a doubt in my mind we win this one. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being a 20 point rout. My prediction: 31-10 Seahawks.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
AZ has the worst rushing offense in the league at 3.3 yards per carry. That is dead last by a bit. Ryan Lindley is a slow footed, inaccurate, one-read check-down-charlie. His big arm doesn't matter because it's not attached to a Quarterback. Our D should handle this thoroughly.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
if bevell calls a smart game we can win comfortably. like having a hot route option on obvious passing downs or an outlet for russell so we don't have to many negative plays that affect field position , but if bevell runs a bunch of empty sets or long developing pass plays with no outlet i think our offense will struggle and this will be a close game.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Doing a Defense comparison between us and the Cards, who is Chancellor's equal?...Thomas'?...Sherman's?, and as I see it Maxwell is every bit as effective as 'Big Dollar' Peterson.
This game could very well get ugly for the Cards, because RW & his Receivers are practicing full go against the best Secondary in the whole damned League.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":934ofdci said:
AZ has the worst rushing offense in the league at 3.3 yards per carry. That is dead last by a bit. Ryan Lindley is a slow footed, inaccurate, one-read check-down-charlie. His big arm doesn't matter because it's not attached to a Quarterback. Our D should handle this thoroughly.

Well, their average YPC for the season to date doesn't accurately reflect how they are running now. Ever since Ellington went on IR, their rushing has improved dramatically. Something like 140 yds/game for their last couple of games.

If they can stay in 3rd and short situations, they have a decent chance. I don't see our present OL giving Russ very much time to do anything, and the Tard 'D' will be on point after letting a few of those read options get away. They will also be sharper with tackling. This game should be close...thanks to our well-below-average OL and pedestrian WO's. If we had a true #1 WR, the likes of Patrick Peterson wouldn't be able to shut him down. At least Lindley has some WR's that are a deep threat and can win some 50/50 contests (Floyd and Brown).

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Lindley apparently holds the NFL record for most passing attempts (to start a career) without having thrown a TD pass.

Arians has the formula to beat the Hawks...I'm still trying to figure out the no-name running backs' and practice squad quarterback's roles in this strategy.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I find this matchup irritating. While I'm impressed how Arizona has pulled out victories throughout the season but lucky wins will only take them so far. Yes their defense is good but not great and the offense just sucks.

Second the way the media coverage on this game is insufferable. At first many pundits have us winning hands down but at the same time I've read at least 3 mainstream articles stating (paraphrasing) " don't count the cardinals out", " this is how the cardinals can win."

Now I know journalist try to find a different side to stories but my irrational thoughts on Arizona are in two parts. That no one gives them a chance or respect, which makes them a victim, is not true. Just shut up with that please. I also want to throw my remote at the tv every time I here a cardinal coach or player using "next man up" saying like they own it.

I believe this game will be a watershed moment for us this season and hopefully will continue,,maybe the best chapter in our Seahawk story.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Chawks1":2hi81hjk said:
Hawknballs":2hi81hjk said:

Yes, I'll take a 7-6 win all day long in this one! Don't need style points to make the playoffs.
Close, but you're one number off. 27-6

Welcome to the jungle.

Mick063

Reaction score
The Seattle defense is actually playing better than last year's version except for one category.

Takeaways.

Show me a Seattle blowout from last season and I'll point to plays where the special teams and defense scored or set up a short field for the offense.

Tate isn't returning punts and opposing quarterbacks are dumping to their backs and tight ends to avoid the interceptions. When they do throw to their wide receivers, the patterns are almost parallel to the line of scrimmage. Opponents are bunching their receivers and using pick plays to isolate our nickel back in three receiver sets. On the few occasions that opponents throw deep, they are using deep crossing patterns to isolate the trailing tight end on a linebacker. Opponents are doing their very best to mitigate Seattle interceptions. I don't envision any boat races for Seattle in the near future. Fortunately, the defense is good enough to win with out taking the ball away as often as last season. We just aren't going to see any blow outs.

Edit:

With respect to wide receivers, the exception to the above paragraph is that stud rookie for the Giants. Acknowledging that Desean Jackson only beat the LOB on a couple of plays. That Beckham kid was shredding them all game long.

AgentDib

Reaction score
All you need to know about our offense is that Touchdown Richardson practiced today after Pete held him out of practice yesterday to play mind games with Arians. Second touchdown coming on Sunday, book it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
danp1990":25yraz3l said:
This week has Felt exactly like last year's game against the Saints.records are off but nevertheless were both fighting for that #1 seed. Although they don't boast that high power offense, their Defense is all the talk like The Saints Offense was last yr. I even get the feeling AZ will be blitz happy just like the Saints were last yr. I can definitely see a ton of 0 coverage blitzing! And their #3 ranked overall defense. I don't want to jinx it , I know it'll be a good game, I just hope the outcome will be the same. As always go Hawks!!!
YADA, YADA, YADA, ......................................NO.
The Seahawks will be assignment ready for Arian's game plan.
The Seahawks will take last Years stats and throw them out the window.
Them being "Blitz Happy" can come back to bite them in the ass, as they might get a few sacks, but that alone won't be enough to give them a win , ESPECIALLY when you take their anemic Offense playing against the BEST Defense in the WORLD.. :twisted:

hawknation2014

Reaction score
I think it could be a very tough game. They have enough playmakers on offense to score points in bursts off broken plays. Defensively, they are our worst match up, except maybe Detroit. They dominated our offensive line in the last game, sacking our elusive QB seven times and holding Marshawn to just 2.6 yards per carry - his worst output since the loss at Miami in 2012.

On the other hand, if our offense does perform well in this game, I am going to be feeling pretty confident about our chances as we enter the playoffs.