DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD

hawknation2014

Reaction score
York: "Jim and I have come to the conclusion that it is in our mutual best interest to move in different directions. We thank Jim for bringing a tremendous competitive nature and a great passion for the game to the 49ers. He and his staff restored a winning culture that has been the standard for our franchise throughout its history. Their commitment and hard work resulted in a period of success that should be looked back on proudly by our organization and our fans. We wish Jim and his family all the best ... We are now squarely focused on finding the next head coach of the 49ers and I am very confident in Trent's ability to lead that process. With the great leaders and talented players we have in our locker room, we are ready to move into the next chapter of our team's history."

Harbaugh: "For the last four seasons I have had the great privilege to coach one of the storied franchises in the history of football. We accomplished many great things together as a team during this period, which is a tribute to the incredible efforts of some of the most dedicated players and coaches in the NFL. I will miss competing alongside this group of players and coaches, I have the utmost respect and admiration for their hard work and support. It has been my honor to share the sideline with these mighty men. I will always appreciate and remember fondly, the passion and support of our Faithful fans, and want to express my particular thanks to them."

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/12/28/ ... -part-ways

[youtube]PHQLQ1Rc_Js[/youtube]

rideaducati

Reaction score
So is Michigan. Urban Meyer is gonna eat him alive for as long as Hairball is at Michigan.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
rideaducati":22pttxq0 said:
So is Michigan. Urban Meyer is gonna eat him alive for as long as Hairball is at Michigan.
How so? With the college game... ya gotta give him a chance in order to make a fair comparison there. In the short term? Probably, yeah. Give Harbaugh a few years of recruiting and look for that rivalry to be more worth watching again. Harbaugh is one of those coaches who is much more suited for the college game.

rjdriver

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":18qekabr said:
rideaducati":18qekabr said:
How so? With the college game... ya gotta give him a chance in order to make a fair comparison there. In the short term? Probably, yeah. Give Harbaugh a few years of recruiting and look for that rivalry to be more worth watching again. Harbaugh is one of those coaches who is much more suited for the college game.

I don't know man. Statistically, he seemed pretty suited for the NFL as well. The guy had a 44-19-1 record in the regular season, a 5-3 post season record, was AP coach of the year in 2011, went to three straight competitive NFCCG's, was NFC champ in 2012 and came within a pass of a Super Bowl victory.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't stand his cry baby antics and his pretensious arrogance, but if those numbers aren't good enough to keep an NFL job, then what is? And how the hell does the Stache still have a job by these standards?

hawk35fan

Reaction score
rjdriver":2mumkwmu said:
TeamoftheCentury":2mumkwmu said:
rideaducati":2mumkwmu said:
Don't get me wrong, I couldn't stand his cry baby antics and his pretensious arrogance, but if those numbers aren't good enough to keep an NFL job, then what is? And how the hell does the Stache still have a job by these standards?

Fisher is a yes man for the league and media. Even if the Rams fired him today, tomorrow he will have another job with the Jets or some other bottom feeder making money he ain't worth.

rideaducati

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":36h9xfrf said:
rideaducati":36h9xfrf said:

I don't follow college ball at all so I don't know what Michigan has there. I assume that they don't have a whole lot going for them or they wouldn't have fired their coach. Combine that with what Harbaugh has done in the past and I just don't see him staying long enough to build a championship team. He seems to wear out his welcome rather quickly and his offenses have been remedial at best, even with Andrew Luck.

Now, combine all of these things and add in the very short list of players that have played for Harbaugh that enjoyed having him as a coach. I have yet to hear past players boasting about Harbaugh.

I don't think Harbaugh will do well at Michigan or if he gets another NFL job where he is in control of everything.

That's my opinion.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Not without Fangio.

The guy will be exposed if Fangio doesn't go with.him. I hope he does though because if Fangio stays in Santa Clara any decent offensive mind (not dumb enough to believe KrapNshit is a real QB) will make that team a threat for years to come.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rideaducati":iintgykh said:
Disagree completely. He won with regularity at Stanford and he will win at Michigan IMO.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawk35fan":1izdbfea said:
rjdriver":1izdbfea said:
TeamoftheCentury":1izdbfea said:
rideaducati":1izdbfea said:

Fisher is a yes man for the league and media. Even if the Rams fired him today, tomorrow he will have another job with the Jets or some other bottom feeder making money he ain't worth.
COMPLETELY agree. Rog's bobo.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3u2l35yz said:
Harbaugh: "For the last four seasons I have had the great privilege to coach one of the storied :roll: franchises in the history of football. We accomplished many great things together as a team during this period, which is a tribute to the incredible efforts of some of the most dedicated players and coaches in the NFL :shock: . I will miss competing alongside this group of players and coaches, I have the utmost respect and admiration for their hard work and support :34853_doh: . It has been my honor to share the sideline with these mighty men :177692: . I will always appreciate and remember fondly, the passion and support of our Faithful fans, and want to express my particular thanks to them."

Harbaugh remembers fondling WHO?, WHAT? :16:

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2l2ldoxn said:
rideaducati":2l2ldoxn said:
Disagree completely. He won with regularity at Stanford and he will win at Michigan IMO.

I think Andrew Luck had more to do with Stanford's success than Harbaugh. The defensive coordinator did too.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
rjdriver":392apb3m said:
TeamoftheCentury":392apb3m said:
rideaducati":392apb3m said:

I don't know man. Statistically, he seemed pretty suited for the NFL as well. The guy had a 44-19-1 record in the regular season, a 5-3 post season record, was AP coach of the year in 2011, went to three straight competitive NFCCG's, was NFC champ in 2012 and came within a pass of a Super Bowl victory.

I just meant with his personality in terms of being more suited. Probably sort of like Nick Saban at LSU and Alabama vs. NFL experience as a Head Coach (but not necessarily similar personalities.) But, in terms of football... I don't think Harbaugh walked into a completely dire situation in SF. He just had to put his stamp on it. As reported today, Bill Walsh was impressed with Jim Harbaugh as an up and coming coach.

Does that clarify?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
rideaducati":3n2edpf5 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3n2edpf5 said:
rideaducati":3n2edpf5 said:

I think Andrew Luck had more to do with Stanford's success than Harbaugh. The defensive coordinator did too.

Does anyone know or remember if Harbaugh had tirades on the sidelines at Stanford like we've seen the last 4 seasons?

Latest posts