Another open HC job...

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Marrone must have another head coaching job lined up.....this makes no sense otherwise. Rumor has him heading to the NY Jets

drdiags

Reaction score
The $4M no matter what happens with his coaching options makes up for any initial loss of options. For him to opt out, folks are saying to look at the Jets as his landing spot (from the Bronx, so depends on if he grew up a Jets fan).

There also are some things happening with the new Bills owner and Bill Polian potentially getting back involved in their FO. There is a little more to this story but I am betting the owners aren't shedding many tears, that with the fact that the owners are supposedly fixated on Bill Cowher.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":s3sjzx05 said:
Marrone must have another head coaching job lined up.....this makes no sense otherwise

Have you been to Buffalo?

It's rare that a new owner keeps the GM and coach, they usually want to clean house and put their own stamp on the team. So even if Marrone doesn't have another job lined up, he might have been told to opt out.

Jville

Reaction score
Makes sense. New owner and all suggests a new program. So why wait? Opt out.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Honestly, I think half the problem in Buffalo was Ralph Wilson was one of those old as **** owners who really shouldn't have been running the show anymore (i.e. Bud Adams, Nosferatu Davis) . Even if Marrone was going in the right direction, he won't be the new owner's guy. This is probably for the best for them.

endzorn

Reaction score
Idzik did the dirty work for a total rebuild and he'll never get credit for it. Marrone and a new GM could come in with a healthy cap situation and a clean slate and fans will forget that Idzik was the one with the balls to start it all over.

pehawk

Reaction score
endzorn":3fz3if6v said:
Idzik did the dirty work for a total rebuild and he'll never get credit for it. Marrone and a new GM could come in with a healthy cap situation and a clean slate and fans will forget that Idzik was the one with the balls to start it all over.

Yup. Marrone is a good coach too.

drdiags

Reaction score
In regards to Idzik (sorry for going off topic, won't happen again), he was doomed when he tried to use the emotional tactic of saying he was human with a fanbase and media that would look upon it as weakness. Hell, he would have caught flak here in the PNW if he was having a Tim Ruskell impact and tried to do a mea culpa plea for understanding.

He had to know that signaled his demise. It allowed Woody Johnson a chance to distance himself and not catch more heat for handcuffing Idzik in the first place with making him get rid of Revis and keeping Rex.

Marrone to the Jets is probably the Jets hope of having the reversal of fortunes they had when Belicheck dumped them as Parcell's hand picked replacement.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Maulbert":2eblev5r said:
Honestly, I think half the problem in Buffalo was Ralph Wilson was one of those old as **** owners who really shouldn't have been running the show anymore (i.e. Bud Adams, Nosferatu Davis) . Even if Marrone was going in the right direction, he won't be the new owner's guy. This is probably for the best for them.
One of the ways we are SO DAMN LUCKY with Paul Allen is the dude wasn't a football fan before he bought the team, so he doesn't want to jump in and run it like his toy, like so many owners. He just finds the best talent and delegates responsibilty to them.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Morrone had a specific clause in his contract for an opt-out option in the case of an owner change--he gets paid to take a hike. He obviously forsaw the foetid turmoil to come in old Buffulo town.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1qpnlh1w said:
Maulbert":1qpnlh1w said:
One of the ways we are SO DAMN LUCKY with Paul Allen is the dude wasn't a football fan before he bought the team, so he doesn't want to jump in and run it like his toy, like so many owners. He just finds the best talent and delegates responsibilty to them.

The fact is, Paul Allen loves Seattle, and likes doing things for the city (The EMP, the Cinerama).

Latest posts