Bleacher Report article compares Dallas non call to SB XL

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Author is being a bit of a smart ass but it is nice to see that people remember the hose job that we got in SBXL.

sorry I'm not sure if there's a better way to cut and paste the portion of the article I thought u might be interested in.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2319 ... conspiracy

None of the events I just described after the Hitchens-Pettigrew play actually happened. Probably. But what did happen was stunning and inexplicable, something most of us have never seen before, not even during Super Bowl XL, the Area 51 of give the more nationally popular team the win fix-is-in conspiracy theorists. A game-changing flag was picked up without explanation after the penalty had been announced, establishing our national sports conversation for the week.

Here are my brief thoughts:

Hitchens interfered with Pettigrew. Period.
Pettigrew grabbed Hitchens' facemask early in the pass route, before Hitchens interfered with him. If Morelli's staff called offsetting penalties, it would have been completely justified. That would have given the Lions 3rd-and-1 instead of 4th-and-1, which is a huge difference.
That pick-up would never happen if it did not benefit the home team. Not in a hundred years—a thousand years in Seattle, Green Bay or Foxborough. Had the officials not thrown the flags at all, the Pettigrew incident would be just another home-cooked no-call. By next week, only Lions fans would have remembered it.
Sam Martin could have erased the pick-up from relevance with a coffin-corner kick instead of a 10-yard shank. The Lions defense could have minimized the damage with a fourth-down stop, or without a pair of flagrant holding penalties to keep the Cowboys' game-winning drive alive. When you are in opponent's territory with a three-point lead late in the fourth quarter, you should win the game if you keep your composure.
The Pettigrew incident did not remind me of Super Bowl XL, which remains the gold standard for horribly officiated important sporting events (non-boxing category). It reminded me of Game 6 of the 1985 World Series.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think you have one too many "img" brackets around your Zorn image. But it looks like you need to edit it to get rid of the white underneath.

Slide1 zpsa9e92e5c

OP
OP
ZornwasaleftY

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
thanks Dr. I've been trying forever to figure out how to post my sig and put a pic by my name. I'm actually pretty computer savvy but I'm struggling'. lol.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ZornwasaleftY":2z8z55ei said:
The Pettigrew incident did not remind me of Super Bowl XL, which remains the gold standard for horribly officiated important sporting events (non-boxing category). It reminded me of Game 6 of the 1985 World Series.
Sigh

sutz

Reaction score
ZornwasaleftY":b9yqtex4 said:
thanks Dr. I've been trying forever to figure out how to post my sig and put a pic by my name. I'm actually pretty computer savvy but I'm struggling'. lol.
OT, but...in your sig, you have extra "img" tags, and one of them is in caps. ;)

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Gotta' love writers like Mike Tanier who don't seem to just enjoy their jobs but also the very act of forming sentences.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
See if this one works. If ya want, I used paint.net to smallen it and crop it. Yes..I used the smallen it as a term. LOL

Attachments

• Zorn1.jpg
    Zorn1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 463