NFL Free Agents to get their own Combine

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/555792431695028226[/tweet]

It's an interesting idea for those Free Agents who may not have gotten opportunities to show their skills on the field or for those who may have been injured to show multiple teams at once what they have. I don't see more than 2nd or 3rd tier free agents participating, but it will be worth paying attention to this year and see how it goes.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Every hungry fa will be there trying to move himself up the ladder
It may make it harder to find a hidden gem as they may have a place to go to see them shine
Go Hawks

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawxfreak":1fkvib96 said:
Every hungry fa will be there trying to move himself up the ladder
It may make it harder to find a hidden gem as they may have a place to go to see them shine
Go Hawks

I think it all depends on who is looking. Pete and John have a way of finding specific skills, and getting so many Free Agents all in one place for them to watch and look for specific skill sets seems like a good thing for how they do business.

Jville

Reaction score
If the NFL keeps filling up their calendar, they will eventually be compelled to add a 13th month.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I love this idea. I have nothing else to contribute to this thread.

Osprey

Reaction score
It's a smart move. Eliminates the team's expense of multiple city tours for non top tier free agents and, depending on the broadcast rights, should at least pay for itself.

Not sure I buy into it uncovering missed potential, but wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. I still wish there was an economical way to launch a developmental league considering the growing divergence in the style of play between College and Pro. Unfortunately there just doesn't seem to be enough room in the market with College and even CFL to generate enough revenue to even approach break even.

Perhaps the discussions of expanded Practice Squads will be the solution.