Some Bigger Name Non Free Agents Who May Be Available.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Not saying we should be interested in them, but here are some players who could find themselves being shopped/cut if they're not restructured. I've only included WR, TE and D-line as it appears they're the positions we tend to address the most with vet pickups, opting to develop our own guys at the other positions for the most part.

Wide Receivers

Vincent Jackson (Buccs save about $7.5m by cutting/trading him)

Brandon Marshall (Rumoured to be leaving, Bears save $4m by cutting/trading)

Brian Hartline (Dolphins would save over $3m by getting rid, due nearly $7.5m, rumoured to be traded)

Stevie Johnson (435 yard in 13 games, would save his full $6.025m by getting rid)

Justin Blackmon (a return seems unlikely and Jax would save nearly $3m by cutting him)

Josh Gordon (appears that a move might suit both parties, monetarily it makes no sense)

Tight Ends

Marcades Lewis (Due $8.25m next season, Jags would only eat $1.4m of that)

Vernon Davis (49ers would save nearly $5m by getting rid. Due $7m next year)

Craig Stevens, who? A decent blocking tight end due $4.5m next year (derp) and the Titans will eat $1m of that. Struggled to stay healthy.

D Line

Mathius Kiwanuka DE (Giants save $5m by cutting him, due $7.45m)

Kendall Langford DT (Had his worst year on a stacked Rams D, kind of seems surplus to requirements, due $7m next season, Rams save $6m by cutting ties) Could be a nice addition to our rotation for the right price, had a good year in 2013.

Feel free to make some adds, I've probably missed a load but most these are the guys who will save their teams the most money by cutting/trading.

kearly

Reaction score
Before Avril was extended I was hoping for Cameron Wake. I think he's like John Abraham, he has so much athleticism that his body age is five years younger than his actual age.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
With the money we are about to pay Russ and Bobby, I doubt we will shop for WRs at Nordstrom or Tiffanys.
I'm thinking our Wide Receivers will most likely come from Costco or The Dollar store. Which doesn't mean they are bad ...
Jerome Kearse, Dough Baldwin are un-drafted ... and have done wonders for us. I don't see us do it any other way, unless ... some of these vets are willing to give us bargains with a chance to win it all.
I think solidifying our O-Line should be the next priority.

Sac

Reaction score
Unless the cap goes up significantly more than expected, I don't see us doing much shopping at all.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I would love to see us take a risk on Blackmon or Marshall but without knowing what the actual cap number is I tend to agree with Sac's response. Resign ours first then maybe we bring a couple of people in unless it's a trade like Blackmon or Marshall. More realistically I expect we replenish through the draft more then free agency or trade though.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I think Jabaal Sheard is going to be undervalued having lost some snaps to Kruger and Mingo in Cleveland.

chris98251

Reaction score
Like it or not, we have our receivers for the most part, and while I am at it, our players right now are considered big names, keeping them is important.