If PC never resurrects Browner's career do the Hawks win 49?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I don't think its too much of a stretch to say that if PC hadn't given BB a chance to try out for the Seahawks in 2011 after 4 years in the CFL, he probably never would have made it back into the NFL. At that time, no one else was interested in 6'4", 220 pound CBs.

I also don't think its too much of a stretch to say that without BB coming up with a number of huge plays in the SB, the Hawks probably win that game. From the Hawk offense's terrible start thanks in large part to the pass coverage to brilliantly blowing up the final play, BB by and large was awesome in SB 49.

Without PC getting him back in the league, none of it would have happened. He would never have been a Patriot. I wonder how the course of history would have changed if BB never made it with the Hawks in 2011. Would the LOB become what it did? Would the Hawks have still even made back to back superbowls? Do they win SB 49? Do I smell a 30 for 30 in ten years about this fateful turn of events?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Browner is the founding member of the LOB. If Pete doesn't resurrect Browner's career, I don't think we see exactly what we have now.

I'm not saying our secondary is only good because of Browner, but I am saying he was the one to bring that mindset to the team and everyone in the secondary looked up to him and followed suit. I remember reading a story about Sherman saying he's the CB he is today because of Browner.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think Browner has gotten in the heads of more than just Baldwin.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Without Browner we never get to the first SB win to begin with.