Jaryd Hayne Pro Day workout

rastahawk

Reaction score
Long shot but I'm rooting for him. I would like to see him on spot duty at running back. But most likely if he does see the field it will be on Special teams.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
This would be the one guy that I would like to see workout in full pads, kinda like Tebow did a few years back. Really curious to see what position he ends up at.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Well, from that we know that he can cleanly field punts (something we already knew) and that he can't run effective passing routes to save his life (something everyone probably strongly suspected).

Not much to take away from this, IMO.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2lg8366j said:
Well, from that we know that he can cleanly field punts (something we already knew) and that he can't run effective passing routes to save his life (something everyone probably strongly suspected).

Not much to take away from this, IMO.
My favorite rugby skill of his is his ability to lift Douggie Baldwin up so he can high point a pass. It would cause as much outrage as the Bush Push.

kearly

Reaction score
With those numbers he could play RB, WR, or Safety. If he bulked up a bit he'd be a very athletic LB.

My guess is that he ends up getting the most looks at safety and OLB (the Lions run a 4-3). Maybe a few reps at RB. I doubt they waste any time trying him at WR. OLB makes the most sense to me as it has probably the least to learn and is a position that is more forgiving for elite athletes.

For a guy that runs fast he doesn't seem sudden at all.

netskier

Reaction score
His highlights video shows him running through guys, and rugby players are good tacklers. He looks more smooth than sudden.