Moeaki is a Falcon

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/578635188235685889[/tweet]

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Moeaki could be very useful if he stayed healthy, it's a shame he can't.

I wonder if we take a look at Finley again this year, though I'm guessing we look for one of the better blocking TEs later on in the draft.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
rideaducati":1o1cjkri said:
I hope he doesn't hurt himself signing his contract.

I heard he is doing an e signature on the phone but also that he is taking precaution by gargling with salt water and sipping honey and lemon water to protect his throat.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3re44hqx said:
Too bad he wasn't on the roster for 2 years, want them comp picks
I don't think that matters, NE will get a 3rd round compensatory for Revis.

But it doesn't matter because we already have lost 5 players who (most likely) have signed for more than whatever Moeaki will get from ATL

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":38eu72ve said:

I wonder if we take a look at Finley again this year, though I'm guessing we look for one of the better blocking TEs later on in the draft.

I think they will feel pretty set with Graham, Willson, McCoy, Helfet, and Gilliam (as the blocking TE).

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1ab6si2m said:
SomersetHawk":1ab6si2m said:

I think they will feel pretty set with Graham, Willson, McCoy, Helfet, and Gilliam (as the blocking TE).

They still need a Miller replacement in terms of someone who can block very well and pose some receiving threat. McCoy's probably the best all round guy out of those, but he's hardly spectacular and just missed two straight seasons through injury.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2tyzo4u3 said:
Too bad he wasn't on the roster for 2 years, want them comp picks
You only have to have been with the previous team for the full season prior, not two. Also the Hawks are already +5 in the comp pick formula, and Moeaki very likely could have singed with ATL for the veteran minimum, which would make him ineligible for the formula anyway.....never mind the fact that he would have to stick with the Falcons through mid-season this year, which seems unlikely in and of itself.