Herschel Walker says he could play in the NFL at 53

hawknation2015

Reaction score
When asked by Craig Carton if he felt that he could still play in the NFL, Walker responded, “There is not a doubt in my mind if I played today I can contribute to a team.

“The last time I ran a 40, I ran a 4.3. That was like a year ago. That was when I had not been doing any track work, all I had been doing was fighting.”

He also called Jerry Jones a "terrible general manager."

At least one of these three things is true.

[youtube]mfImFrOF8lE[/youtube]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cowboys could use him....... But he doesn't have enough felonies to qualify for their roster. 8)

CPHawk

Reaction score
He had one 1500 yard season, and one season over 1000 yds, the rest were all under 1000. He wasn't even able to be a good NFL RB in his prime, what makes him think he can be one now?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
CPHawk":1ujp7h19 said:
He had one 1500 yard season, and one season over 1000 yds, the rest were all under 1000. He wasn't even able to be a good NFL RB in his prime, what makes him think he can be one now?

:sarcasm_on: Self Medicating???? :sarcasm_off: :stirthepot:

netskier

Reaction score
It just takes a stopwatch to measure a 4.3 forty. How much does it cost to measure him?

netskier

Reaction score
I don't remember how well he can catch, mainly because Dallas annoys me, and I don't watch them much. But if he can catch, what DB would like to tackle him straight on with that speed? We could use him to run around linebackers and into DBs to break them into little pieces, figuratively speaking. Then send in Tyler Lockett to pick up those pieces.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If anyone believes he ran a 4.3 forty at 52 years old, I have a bridge to sell you.

netskier

Reaction score
Stop watches are much cheaper. Why speculate when you can measure? Just say show me.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Walker could still be fast.Faster than we are anyway,I don't remember him having blazing speed when he played.I thought he was more of a power guy.He says he could play.Jim Brown said the same thing when he was in his 40's and went to the Raiders camp for a bit that year.I think Barry could still play but the rest miss the game and wish they could play again.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2did5zk4 said:
Walker could still be fast.Faster than we are anyway,I don't remember him having blazing speed when he played.I thought he was more of a power guy.He says he could play.Jim Brown said the same thing when he was in his 40's and went to the Raiders camp for a bit that year.I think Barry could still play but the rest miss the game and wish they could play again.
I was fast until I was 35. Not pro running back fast, but fast. There is no doubt that Walker at 53 can smoke me at 46, he was a pro athlete, I was a beer league softball player who's back and knees are now toast due to working for 20 years on concrete, but the question isn't is he faster than any of us, it's that he said he ran a 4.3 forty at the age of 52. Not buying it for a minute.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Of course I don't buy that he did either..I doubt he ever did when he was in the NFL also.

CPHawk

Reaction score
He wasn't even very good in his prime, one 1500 season and one 1000 yard season, he couldn't even be productive in the cfl now.

Latest posts