Falcons in Curb Stomp Mode

marko358

Reaction score
I think what most of us were frustrated about with the Hawks last week is that we should have been doing something similar to Chicago. Up 28-0 already i n the 1st half.

Quinn has really turned this franchise around quickly.

White Knight

Reaction score
Agree, thus far into the season it looks like the Seahawks are playing for the 3 seed. Luckily...it's only week 4. Quinn deserves a hell of a pat on the back for what he's doing with the Falcons. Taking all the best parts of Always Compete down south.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
White Knight":3b0swwb6 said:
Agree, thus far into the season it looks like the Seahawks are playing for the 3 seed. Luckily...it's only week 4. Quinn deserves a hell of a pat on the back for what he's doing with the Falcons. Taking all the best parts of Always Compete down south.

I think the Falcons were just underachievieng in prevous years. They have a bunch of talent

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Houston is a poorly coached team with a toxic environment, as Hard Knocks showed the world. Atlanta had similar issues until Quinn/Carroll's "Always Compete" philosophy allowed them to play to their potential.

Largent80

Reaction score
Texans are REALLY bad, Atlanta is ok, but Houston is making them SB favs right now.

mikeak

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2t6uo08n said:
White Knight":2t6uo08n said:

I think the Falcons were just underachievieng in prevous years. They have a bunch of talent

If they were underachieving does the new coach not reserve a lot of credit?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
mikeak":v8gkowo1 said:
WilsonMVP":v8gkowo1 said:
White Knight":v8gkowo1 said:

If they were underachieving does the new coach not reserve a lot of credit?

He does, but on the same note, Mike Smith was a JOKE. His fake tough guy act as seen on Haed Knocks last year was pathetic.

kearly

Reaction score
Falcons have the inside track for the #1 seed IMO. Their remaining schedule:

vs Redskins
@ Saints
@ Titans
vs Buccaneers
@ 49ers
vs Colts
vs Vikings
@ Buccaneers
@ Panthers
@ Jaguars
vs Panthers
vs Saints

The Falcons are playing what might be the easiest schedule in NFL history.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Everyone knew Dan Quinn was walking into the best coaching situation available last season. He's got a great QB, Julio Jones, a really nice backfield duo, and some good young players on defense. He was also set up with a cupcake schedule, and that division is pretty terrible.

I think Todd Bowles has been equally impressive thus far, if not more so.

ctrcat

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ala3thi said:
Everyone knew Dan Quinn was walking into the best coaching situation available last season. He's got a great QB, Julio Jones, a really nice backfield duo, and some good young players on defense. He was also set up with a cupcake schedule, and that division is pretty terrible.

I think Todd Bowles has been equally impressive thus far, if not more so.

A terrible division that has a likely first team All Pro CB that's already proven on multiple occasions he can shut Julio down, and a front 7 that if healthy in December is better and deeper than the one that curb stomped Matthew into oblivion in his own building in their last meeting. They do have an easier schedule than the Panthers, just food for thought.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm not writing off Carolina, but they've played the four worst teams in the NFL. They beat the Saints without Brees. They don't have any good skill players besides Olsen, who's being bracketed by every defense. We'll see with them.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":1p87vnim said:

vs Redskins
@ Saints
@ Titans
vs Buccaneers
@ 49ers
vs Colts
vs Vikings
@ Buccaneers
@ Panthers
@ Jaguars
vs Panthers
vs Saints

Life outside of the NFC W.

Quinn is doing an awesome job. I want him.

ctrcat

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2c71ecgw said:
I'm not writing off Carolina, but they've played the four worst teams in the NFL. They beat the Saints without Brees. They don't have any good skill players besides Olsen, who's being bracketed by every defense. We'll see with them.

Fair, and I've read enough of your posts to know that you usually are. Obviously having Benjamin would be nice, but fwiw he had one of his worst games, 1 catch 9 yards on 5 targets, multiple wide open drops, or the 34-3 week 17 shellacking would have been much worse, as it could have been anyway if the dogs weren't called off. Props to Quinn so far but they trailed in the 4th quarter of their first 3 games. We'll see.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
marko358":23ngf7qb said:
I think what most of us were frustrated about with the Hawks last week is that we should have been doing something similar to Chicago. Up 28-0 already i n the 1st half.

Quinn has really turned this franchise around quickly.
Meh, they have played exactly nobody. Talk to me when they play Carolina or anyone else that might be decent.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":1gt547d9 said:

vs Redskins
@ Saints
@ Titans
vs Buccaneers
@ 49ers
vs Colts
vs Vikings
@ Buccaneers
@ Panthers
@ Jaguars
vs Panthers
vs Saints

At least Carolina will split with them as will the Saints and the Vikings will murder them. Yeah, they might win their division but nobody not named the Packers or the Seahawks will be the number one seed. Like it would actually matter when they play either of them.

Latest posts