Cordarrelle Patterson Available?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think he'd be more valuable to a team that actually needs what he's good at (i.e. a return man).

I know Lockett hasn't had a return TD in the last fourteen days or so, but cut the kid some slack. :D

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2oslnjyo said:
I think he'd be more valuable to a team that actually needs what he's good at (i.e. a return man).

I know Lockett hasn't had a return TD in the last fourteen days or so, but cut the kid some slack. :D

He has good potential as a WR and would be great insurance for Lockett on ST. Maybe even some special teams trick plays with Patterson and Lockett?

For a mid round pick I'd rather have him over Lockette, Kearse, Matthews, Daniels.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have done this experiment already, didn't work out so well.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised ringless hasn't chimed in with his breakdown of the Hawks' cap situation yet.

In seriousness, he comes off a bit of a chump, I don't think our (supposedly) uber-competitive receiver corps would be an environment in which he'd thrive.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
chris98251":1ioyt9aj said:

Experiment as in Vikings WR's?

Well if this one doesn't work out, it's not like they'd be trading much for him or paying him a ton.

Patterson>Kearse.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Why trade for other teams' WRs & TEs if our team doesn't know how to pass block or call plays? Hopefully we never trade for another offensive player under PC era unless it's a RB like Marshawn or solid OL but then again, both of these are rarely available.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1aya9uj2 said:
He doesn't have the capacity to learn a lot of routes. So yeh, he'd be perfect.

Sounds a lot like the Seahawks backup QB and both were in Bevell's system before. Maybe he can remember better than he can learn.

rideaducati

Reaction score
massari":ce4w31wm said:
chris98251":ce4w31wm said:

Well if this one doesn't work out, it's not like they'd be trading much for him or paying him a ton.

Patterson>Kearse.

Ouch. I thought I was the only one that didn't like Kearse.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":10z2bjl4 said:
I'm surprised ringless hasn't chimed in with his breakdown of the Hawks' cap situation yet.

In seriousness, he comes off a bit of a chump, I don't think our (supposedly) uber-competitive receiver corps would be an environment in which he'd thrive.

If they did trade for Patterson, he'd just ride the pine with the best receivers on the team because he wouldn't do as well in practice as the smaller starters anyway.

randomation

Reaction score
rideaducati":ojnk2wj0 said:
massari":ojnk2wj0 said:
chris98251":ojnk2wj0 said:

Patterson>Kearse.

Ouch. I thought I was the only one that didn't like Kearse.

Doubtful he drops easy balls including one that would have sealed the super bowl away and was in his lap. My exact yell when he caught the pass in the end zone was He didn't drop it yes.

ringless

Reaction score
The issue is you aren't going to see a return on investment because WR/PR is not the problem. Its OL

Popeyejones

Reaction score
massari":ntlcsf72 said:
Popeyejones":ntlcsf72 said:

He has good potential as a WR and would be great insurance for Lockett on ST. Maybe even some special teams trick plays with Patterson and Lockett?

For a mid round pick I'd rather have him over Lockette, Kearse, Matthews, Daniels.

He'd be getting traded for a mid-to-late round pick beause he doesn't have much (if any) potential as a WR, and ST insurance isn't really a thing.

He lost his starting job last year because he has bad hands and can't run routes. So far this year he's even lost spot WR duty for the same reason.

As for your list of Seattle WRs:

Kearse: No. Kearse is a totally average NFL WR. Patterson is far below average.
Lockette: Lockette provides value on coverage units, and Patterson doesn't.
Matthews: Matthews isn't redundant as a receiver with Lockett and Richardson, and Patterson is (while being a vastly inferior version of them)
Daniels: Maybe, but teams don't really trade draft picks to fix "problems" at the 53rd spot on their roster.

Regardless though, even if he is available to be traded for, he'd be more valuable to someone who actually needs the thing he can do (ST returner). Paying the market rate in trade for something they don't need wouldn't make much sense.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":170i60w4 said:
massari":170i60w4 said:
Popeyejones":170i60w4 said:

He'd be getting traded for a mid-to-late round pick beause he doesn't have much (if any) potential as a WR, and ST insurance isn't really a thing.

He lost his starting job last year because he has bad hands and can't run routes. So far this year he's even lost spot WR duty for the same reason.

As for your list of Seattle WRs:

Kearse: No. Kearse is a totally average NFL WR. Patterson is far below average.
Lockette: Lockette provides value on coverage units, and Patterson doesn't.
Matthews: Matthews isn't redundant as a receiver with Lockett and Richardson, and Patterson is (while being a vastly inferior version of them)
Daniels: Maybe, but teams don't really trade draft picks to fix "problems" at the 53rd spot on their roster.

Regardless though, even if he is available to be traded for, he'd be more valuable to someone who actually needs the thing he can do (ST returner). Paying the market rate in trade for something they don't need wouldn't make much sense.

When has paying market value for something they don't need (use properly) stopped this front office?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ :lol:

Point taken. Shouldn't, not won't.

Schneider's a young guy. If he goes Patterson after going Harvin and Graham, I think we can basically conclude that he's clearly a Madden player.

In fact, stock up on DBs, fast LBs, a running QB, a strong and agile HB and speed/agility WRs and TEs and then just ignore the offensive line is basically a Madden recipe for success. Hmmmm...

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
ringless":1k0mfimj said:
The issue is you aren't going to see a return on investment because WR/PR is not the problem. Its OL

Are you a Seahawks fan at this point? :th2thumbs:

ringless

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1wwglm7w said:
ringless":1wwglm7w said:

Are you a Seahawks fan at this point? :th2thumbs:

Its a love hate relationship. I think Seattle is one of the most exciting teams to watch. I think their home dominance adds a lot of intrigue. But they are a division rival. If we were in different conferences they'd be my second favorite team in the NFL.

kearly

Reaction score
However much you'd give up for Ted Ginn jr. , that's how much you should give up for Cordarrelle Patterson.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kearly":w14j6dm5 said:
However much you'd give up for Ted Ginn jr. , that's how much you should give up for Cordarrelle Patterson.

:lol: :lol:

Well said.

As worthless as he is, real question, who's better value in the first round in 2013:

Cordarelle Patterson with the 29th pick

or

Tayvon Austin with the 8th pick