congrats hawks

rlkats

Reaction score
Congrats on the win. While im slightly irritated on the Offense performance im not surprised of the final. This is the ending I predicted. The Niners are not ready to compete. Yet. There are many holes to fill.

Surprising to watch every loss we had every team walked down the field with ease. Minus the hawks. I expected a bigger score for the hawks. Hawks oline is bad. 5 sacks on wilson scary. And only a field goal in the whole 2nd half.

Against better teams will be interesting. Well here is to the rest of the season. And thankful for little to no injuries.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
I enjoyed the rivalry while it lasted. Probably the best in the NFL for a few years. Unfortunately your inept ownership put an end to it. It's more fun when the Nines are really good. But being stuck with York and Kap = malaise by the bay. You have my sympathy.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":3kj4lldz said:
I enjoyed the rivalry while it lasted. Probably the best in the NFL for a few years. Unfortunately your inept ownership put an end to it. It's more fun when the Nines are really good. But being stuck with York and Kap = malaise by the bay. You have my sympathy.

Thanks I actually was laughing my ass off today. Hopefully this crap forces major changes for the better. Like Deion said this is not a rivalry any more.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
THursdays=ugly football.

Told you the Niners would get some sacks. But damn, your offense is turrible. That guard opposite Bennett should be fired tomorrow.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1k0ovpui said:
THursdays=ugly football.

Told you the Niners would get some sacks. But damn, your offense is turrible. That guard opposite Bennett should be fired tomorrow.
I know that Marvin has said repeatedly that they have no OL. I didn't think he was serious though. My bad I guess.

The 49ers are a 4-5 win team. That isn't hyperbole that is just cold hard fact.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":12hpaqa8 said:
Scottemojo":12hpaqa8 said:
THursdays=ugly football.

I know that Marvin has said repeatedly that they have no OL. I didn't think he was serious though. My bad I guess.

4-5 is generous. Bad bad offense

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
Scottemojo":h2jqld4w said:
THursdays=ugly football.

We wish. But they wont.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Looking at SF's schedule, going to be a few weeks before they have a legitimate chance at a win. Niner fans be like, "Come on, Chicago!".

chris98251

Reaction score
Thanks for the win, but as I said in the other thread it was not a good game by either team, there is a lot to work on for both teams.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Laloosh":2cwk1bm6 said:
Looking at SF's schedule, going to be a few weeks before they have a legitimate chance at a win. Niner fans be like, "Come on, Chicago!".

Repeating myself from a different thread, but Loosh is right.

SF goes bye, @Rams, Atlanta, @Hawks, Cardinals......OOOOch.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Second time I've watched the 49ers this year, man is that offense hard to watch. I actually miss Greg Roman, who could make Kaep look tolerable.

The Seahawks don't look real good right now either, but they don't have any reason to look as ordinary as they do. I actually see them struggling to make the playoffs if they don't improve dramatically after the bye.

Marvin49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":15wzmq21 said:
Scottemojo":15wzmq21 said:
THursdays=ugly football.

Told ya. :D

From Center right they are the worst O-Line in football and it ain't close. Devey and Pears are flat horrible. No idea why they aren't at least giving Trenton Brown and Brandon Thomas a CHANCE because Devey and Pears have already proven in multiple NFL stops they are horrifically bad.

Help coming at center at least when Kilgore returns, but I don't know if Kap makes it through the season in one piece.

He's clearly shaken and has no confidence whatsoever that he'll get protection.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":5tfi37z7 said:
THursdays=ugly football.

That's Devey...and I couldn't agree more.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's defintely safe to say that the rivalry is effectively over.

Oh well. Looking back on it the only thing I'd change is that I wish the teams had traded wins and losses more. There was really only one flip-flop. When you look at it after the fact the Hawks went 5-4 against the 9ers during the rivalry (which looks like it should be a great one), but they weren't ever really trading wins back and forth:

Harbaugh beat Carroll three times in a row.

Carroll beats Harbaugh twice in a row.

Harbaugh beats Carroll.

Carroll beats Harbaugh three times in a row.

El fin.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":20mqmy87 said:
Scottemojo":20mqmy87 said:
THursdays=ugly football.

Yeah. Devey isn't as bad as Martin though, which is really saying something.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":126fvqvd said:
Marvin49":126fvqvd said:
Scottemojo":126fvqvd said:
THursdays=ugly football.

Yeah. Devey isn't as bad as Martin though, which is really saying something.

Martin has been a huge disappointment....but I just can't figure out why their other pick in that round can't even get a shot (Brandon Thomas). He hasn't even been active.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
Popeyejones":17uhqwri said:

Oh well. Looking back on it the only thing I'd change is that I wish the teams had traded wins and losses more. There was really only one flip-flop. When you look at it after the fact the Hawks went 5-4 against the 9ers during the rivalry (which looks like it should be a great one), but they weren't ever really trading wins back and forth:

Harbaugh beats Carroll.

El fin.
I loved the rivalry. I think it made us a better team. I guess it's up to the cards to take over, but it's not or will never be the same. The coaches had history and hated each other same for players. Some of the best most intense football I have ever watched. Either team could win or take the division. I wish it was still going. Iron sharpens iron they say.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":36sblbn4 said:

Harbaugh beats Carroll.

El fin.
I think the rivalry officially died the day Harbs was fired. Sherman and Baldwin really hated the guy going back to their days at Stanford and Pete and he didn't get along going back to their days of coaching in the pac-12 so there was actual fuel for the fire. JimTom doesn't give off the instant "douche vibe" like Harbaugh did, but he's not a tenth of a HC that nutty Jimbo was.

Latest posts