How close are the Seahawks to a Superbowl run?

toffee

Reaction score
Our offense should be very close, our defense with an perceived softness in the middle, may need more pieces.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I think we're only one more good draft away from becoming dominant, depending on if Geno progresses as we hope.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Closer than the mariners are to a world series run
I'm not so sure of that.

In the Playoffs, the Mariners made Houston earn it last year... big time!

Hawks are up and coming but the Forty Whiners kicked our ass last year, especially when it counted.

As of today, I'd put the odds of the Mariners being the World Series Champions slightly better than the Hawks raising the Lombardi in 2023.

(2024 could be different)

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm not so sure of that.

In the Playoffs, the Mariners made Houston earn it last year... big time!

Hawks are up and coming but the Forty Whiners kicked our ass last year, especially when it counted.

As of today, I'd put the odds of the Mariners being the World Series Champions slightly better than the Hawks raising the Lombardi in 2023.

(2024 could be different)
“Slightly Better” is hardly a bold statement.

Come on man, take a stand.

:{)

I will.
Even though it’s hard to compare, I say Seahawks have a better season than the M’s

If you’re willing to to take the M’s, I’ll bet you a cap (M’s or Hawks) of choice.

Standard ball cap $40 limit.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Since you brought up the patriots, sure they went through some down cycles but those times were sprinkled with conference title losses and even Super Bowl losses. Heck the packers went to numerous conference title games. The Seahawks have went 8 straight years without being able to get past the second round. The ‘at least we made the playoffs’ shtick gets old after awhile. I would gladly give up some of the playoff appearances to make it a little further once in awhile. Even last season when they made the playoffs, everybody knew they weren’t going anywhere once they got in. I see more of the same in the future until we move on from Carroll. Great regular season coach but not much more than that.
Lol. Pitt your a work of art man .Here is how I think it is. Your at the bar drinking a beer, you lean over to your buddy and you say hey dude check this out, look at the reaction I just got from SGT. Largent I made him write a book explaining a position that is so completely obvious a 2 year old could understand it. Hahaha I pissed him off and got him to react.

Who is next? LTH?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I don't believe you. You and others would still complain if we sprinkled in another couple 2nd round exits or a conference title loss like the Packers.

Because your narrative is "Pete needs to be fired." So anything short of 3-4 conference titles and another couple SB appearances wouldn't change your stubborn opinions about this.

I haven't been doing jumping jacks the last eight years either, some frustrating seasons for sure. But now that we see what a complete and utter dumpster fire Russell's been in Denver has shined a light for me on just what an amazing job Pete did over those eight years trying to hold his team, locker room and keeping it from all imploding with a QB that was unhappy and trying to get him fired for the last 3-4 years wanting more control..............AND all the while getting the best out of Russell.

I'm sorry you still don't see that.

Stop blaming Wilson for everything when he was the main reason the team had success like it did the past 8 seasons. Now the team has geno. We’ll see how that works out. Eventually you have to start looking at the real reason.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
“Slightly Better” is hardly a bold statement.

Come on man, take a stand.

:{)

I will.
Even though it’s hard to compare, I say Seahawks have a better season than the M’s

If you’re willing to to take the M’s, I’ll bet you a cap (M’s or Hawks) of choice.

Standard ball cap $40 limit.
And exactly how would we judge/determine who is the winner?

What criterion would we use to determine which is the better team in totally different sports?

I'm open to listening to your proposal if you have one.

pmedic920

Reaction score
And exactly how would we judge/determine who is the winner?

What criterion would we use to determine which is the better team in totally different sports?

I'm open to listening to your proposal if you have one.
I’m just saying that the Hawks will have a better season.

We could just let a majority vote pick the winner if it’s not obvious.

If neither team makes playoffs, maybe win vs loss percentage?

I’d say if one team makes playoffs and the other doesn’t then that team had the better season.

17 games vs 160 or so is kinda hard unless you go by a percentage.

I really don’t care either way but I’d be up for the wager if we can agree on terms.
Maybe an outsider opinion will pop up.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Stop blaming Wilson for everything when he was the main reason the team had success like it did the past 8 seasons. Now the team has geno. We’ll see how that works out. Eventually you have to start looking at the real reason.

Thanks for proving my assumption.

I don't blame anybody for success, you're the one doing that.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I’m just saying that the Hawks will have a better season.

We could just let a majority vote pick the winner if it’s not obvious.

If neither team makes playoffs, maybe win vs loss percentage?

I’d say if one team makes playoffs and the other doesn’t then that team had the better season.

17 games vs 160 or so is kinda hard unless you go by a percentage.

I really don’t care either way but I’d be up for the wager if we can agree on terms.
Maybe an outsider opinion will pop up.
My initial thoughts... If the Hawks go 10-7 (which is definitely possible), their win % would be .5882. If the Mariners were to play .5882 ball over all 162 games, they would win 95.3 games.

So, if the Hawks went 10-7 this year, the Mariners would have to win 96 games to beat them, which is 6 games more than they won last year. Highly doubt that happens for a variety of reasons.

Win %-wise seems to favor an NFL team over a MLB team... my opinion.

I'll have to think about making the playoffs vs. not making the playoffs.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
In MLB, six teams from each League of 15 teams make the playoffs... therefore, 40% of MLB teams make the playoffs each year.

In the NFL, seven of 16 teams in each Conference make the playoffs... therefore, 43.75% of NFL teams make the playoffs each year.

This simple comparison tends to favor an NFL team making the playoffs more so than a MLB team doing so.

More food for thought.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Lol. Pitt your a work of art man .Here is how I think it is. Your at the bar drinking a beer, you lean over to your buddy and you say hey dude check this out, look at the reaction I just got from SGT. Largent I made him write a book explaining a position that is so completely obvious a 2 year old could understand it. Hahaha I pissed him off and got him to react.

Who is next? LTH?

Lol. I get it. I really do. It’s more like I lean over to my buddy and laugh at how fans hold onto so much nostalgia and have complete faith that the glory days are returning any year now when it’s pretty clear it’s just never going to happen under the same regime.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lol. I get it. I really do. It’s more like I lean over to my buddy and laugh at how fans hold onto so much nostalgia and have complete faith that the glory days are returning any year now when it’s pretty clear it’s just never going to happen under the same regime.

That's the difference between us. I've been a fan since 1976, so I have the measured objectivity to realize that we're IN the glory days.

You're the one being unrealistic in your expectations of how much winning this organization should be doing, and should have done post SB's.

So I hate to be the bearer of bad news pitt, but this IS the greatest era of Hawk football, these are the glory days with Pete and John. It will probably never be this good again in our lifetimes. Sorry you haven't been able to enjoy the ride. It's sad really.

Last edited:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
That's the difference between us. I've been a fan since 1976, so I have the measured objectivity to realize that we're IN the glory days.

You're the one being unrealistic in your expectations of how much winning this organization should be doing, and should have done post SB's.

So I hate to be the bearer of bad news pitt, but this IS the greatest era of Hawk football, these are the glory days with Pete and John. It will probably never be this good again in our lifetimes. Sorry you haven't been able to enjoy the ride. It's sad really.

The glory days were 10 years ago. A lot has changed since then except for the one common denominator that is now holding them back.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
I'm in no hurry, frankly it is a scary prospect thinking about life after PC.

We have a lot of unknowns but you can't deny that we are looking better than we have since the end of LOB. New badass WR, our run game looking to become monstrous real soon and the secondary is good to go.

I want to find out if Wags is going to resume his leadership role and what part, if any, will Adams play.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I got to see my beloved Seattle Seahawks finally win it all and bring a Lombardi home. That was my number one bucket list item I finally got to check off on February 2nd, 2014. Anything else in my lifetime, and I mean anything else...

...Is gravy.

FPD

Reaction score
My initial thoughts... If the Hawks go 10-7 (which is definitely possible), their win % would be .5882. If the Mariners were to play .5882 ball over all 162 games, they would win 95.3 games.

So, if the Hawks went 10-7 this year, the Mariners would have to win 96 games to beat them, which is 6 games more than they won last year. Highly doubt that happens for a variety of reasons.

Win %-wise seems to favor an NFL team over a MLB team... my opinion.

I'll have to think about making the playoffs vs. not making the playoffs.

Whichever one does better in playoff depth/going to the playoffs, wins. However, if neither team goes to the playoffs, or both teams win the championship (i.e. a tie), then you both donate a cap to a random .NET'er! Problem solved lol. ✌️ :cool:

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I got to see my beloved Seattle Seahawks finally win it all and bring a Lombardi home. That was my number one bucket list item I finally got to check off on February 2nd, 2014. Anything else in my lifetime, and I mean anything else...

...Is gravy.
I think Pete is going to bless you with 2 more rings, being that you have done so much for the Seahawk nation...sorry didn't mean to spill gravy on your shirt LMAO!!!!

LTH

morgulon1

Reaction score
Right, like every other above average NFL franchise.

The Patriots 20 year run was an aberration that the NFL will never see again. Even the best organizations don't stay on top long, that's the ENTIRE model of the NFL. Parity.

So to expect us to not go through down cycles after going to two SB's is not being a realistic fan. The is especially true after finding out last year that umm, yeah we weren't "wasting Russell's prime" cause of Pete. Nope, just the same trends and downturns in roster strength every good organization goes through after winning.

The fact that we've maintained a playoff caliber roster IMO should be celebrated. Not criticized for being some perennial deep playoff runs every year, like you and other irrational fans expect.

Hopefully with these last two drafts we're on our way back to making some deep playoff runs. But to have EXPECTED that over the past 8 years when then entire league is rigged against that? Unrealistic at best, and unfair for you to expect that at worst.
Great point. Once a SB roster was assembled, they won big , lost key coaches , lost key players , big contracts came due , they rode with Russ.
It's a miracle they were still able to hang somewhat , although not at the 2012-2015 level.
Yes they could compete for a SB this season . The offense was good enough
And they just improved massive with this draft.
So where does the defense need to be minimum for Seattle to get there?