Cards-Bengals Flexed to Sunday Night Nov 22

RedAlice

Reaction score
Bengals-Cardinals into prime time under flex scheduling

The NFL will use its flexible scheduling option the first week it's available this season, moving a matchup between Cincinnati and Arizona into prime time.

The league announced Monday that the Bengals-Cardinals game Nov. 22 will be on "Sunday Night Football." Cincinnati is currently undefeated and Arizona is 6-2.

It replaces the originally scheduled Chiefs-Chargers matchup, which moves to 4:05 p.m. EST on CBS.

Week 11 is the earliest the NFL can switch out the Sunday night games.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /75056924/

Vpk0718

Reaction score
So the nation will be able to watch the Cards descent into second place all in primetime. Fantastic! :lol:

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
mikeak":2hj6om9o said:
So Cardinals on SNF two Sunday's in a row

Interesting

And Bengals get three consecutive national games. Spotlight: on.

For the first time this season, the NFL has decided to take advantage of flex scheduling. The league announced on Monday that the Bengals' Week 11 game at Arizona has been moved into prime time.

The Bengals-Cardinals game, which had originally been set to air at 4:05 p.m ET on CBS, will now air on Nov. 22 at 8:30 p.m. ET on NBC.

Not only does the game match up two teams that are currently in first place in their divisions, but it also pits Cincinnati against Carson Palmer, the former Bengals quarterback who said in 2011 that he'd rather retire than keep playing for them.

Flexing the Bengals to prime time means Cincinnati will now have three straight games under the lights. Besides the Week 11 game, the Bengals play this Thursday (vs. Cleveland) and on Monday night in Week 10 (vs. Houston). That could be trouble for a team that's 3-7 in prime time since Andy Dalton took over as the starting quarterback in 2011.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... also-moved

RichNhansom

Reaction score
So AZ gets the Bengals on a short week. At home and at 8:30 to 11:30 their body clock time?

That give AZ a huge advantage.

ringless

Reaction score
Arizona doesn't do day lights savings so in fact it will be 8:30 at their body time.

Think of it as giving them more rest with the later start. But this happens every week no?
We just had to go to Cleveland on a short week and a 10am start

They are professionals and I think most players enjoy the night games.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":xd2w5w2o said:
Arizona doesn't do day lights savings so in fact it will be 8:30 at their body time.

Think of it as giving them more rest with the later start. But this happens every week no?

I've provided stats on the difference between 10am starts for WC teams and late starts for EC teams before. Not good for EC teams.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Laloosh":2j306iyc said:
ringless":2j306iyc said:

I've provided stats on the difference between 10am starts for WC teams and late starts for EC teams before. Not good for EC teams.

How'd that work out for the Vikings week one?

Laloosh

Reaction score
RichNhansom":uvxuhtkf said:
Laloosh":uvxuhtkf said:
ringless":uvxuhtkf said:

How'd that work out for the Vikings week one?

Sort of my point. EC teams lost at a higher rate (and are rarely put in this position).

ringless

Reaction score
I wasn't to confident about the game but you guys are boosting it a little.

If you could post it here I'd truly appreciate it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":8ihs08w7 said:

I actually looked. Couldn't find it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":e7r6xv11 said:

Never mind, found it.

Laloosh":e7r6xv11 said:
RichNhansom":e7r6xv11 said:
I don't know if it is tracked but if you looked up the stats for WC teams traveling east to play at 10am vs EC teams traveling west to play in a night game, I would bet the west coast teams have fared much better. In fact I bet it wouldn't even be remotely close. That being said I don't think the start time is the biggest factor. I think not being able to properly prepare your defense (or in the Vikings case even your offense) for what they are about to see is a much more difficult challenge. Adding the body clock to it only magnifies it.

For AFC/NFC North, East and South playing west coast night game (PST)
North 0-8
East 3-1
South 2-5

AFC/NFC playing east coast early games (EST)
West 41-56 (and that's with OAK being 0-14 lol)

Interesting note. Denver is 0-5 since 2010 in night games on the east coast.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=111308&hilit=EST&start=150#p1707127