Seattle could be flexed out of two Sunday Night games

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Barakas":xxzzgmvx said:
Should update your title as the current one has a different meaning that may get people riled up before they read the rest of your post.

How about, "Seattle could be flexed out of one and maybe two Sunday Night Games".
I thought the title was more than appropriate. They do stand a good chance of being flexed out of 2 games. In fact, I would say there is a better chance than not.

mikeak

Reaction score
Vikings- Raidersmay be for a playoff spot if they keep winning. Then consider Arz-Sea will have a second game that can get flexed in and I would agree with OP - both games may be flexed

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I guess we better start our run in Dallas then. Just win baby because the television networks love it and you remain popular outside your home market.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3twfhleb said:
UK_Seahawk":3twfhleb said:
For purely selfish reasons I would have no problem with this. Some of us have work in the morning.
This.

I just hate night games.

Make that three. Night games on the East Coast suck. I hate going to work on 2 hrs sleep.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Question. If they flex, what happens to the people that purchased tickets? What if they cant go? Does the team compensate them back for planning that failed due to the NFL?

JonRud

Reaction score
Vpk0718":n24xskwl said:
There is zero chance the ARI/SEA game gets flexed

Correct. That game is in 2 weeks - it is not being flexed, no chance. Especially for Vikings/Raiders??? Please.

Sea/Bal in Week 14 is 90% to get flexed out because Baltimore is done. I personally will be happy if this happens because I will probably be able to go to the game if it's a 1pm ET start. I cannot go at 8:30pm ET because I can't miss work the next day.

JonRud

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":i7om8zp3 said:
Question. If they flex, what happens to the people that purchased tickets? What if they cant go? Does the team compensate them back for planning that failed due to the NFL?

Nothing happens to these people. if they can't go to the game they can sell them. you don't get a refund or any type of compensation.

Barthawk

Reaction score
ringless":1wnoyouc said:
With the Ravens falling to the Cardinals this week it is likely that another game is flexed into the late game instead of that being a Sunday night matchup in Baltimore. This could essentially change it to being a 10AM start.

In additon PFT had this to say:

Bengals at Cardinals has unexpected sizzle; however, the Cardinals play the Seahawks on NBC during the preceding Sunday night. (One solution would be to flex out of Cardinals-Seahawks in Week 10 and into Bengals-Cardinals for Week 11. However, beyond Patriots-Giants, which CBS undoubtedly has protected, Vikings-Raiders is the only game that currently stands out as a viable alternative to Cardinals-Seahawks. Besides, Cardinals at Seahawks could be a very good game, despite Seattle’s struggles.)

I hope it is a late game versus BAL. Not SNF, but a 4pm ET kick.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3or9vbfo said:
I guess we better start our run in Dallas then. Just win baby because the television networks love it and you remain popular outside your home market.

If the Ravens are 3-10 that week it won't matter.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1sbbpgpv said:

Nope.

mikeak

Reaction score
JonRud":3nhs4kcd said:
Vpk0718":3nhs4kcd said:
There is zero chance the ARI/SEA game gets flexed

Correct. That game is in 2 weeks - it is not being flexed, no chance. Especially for Vikings/Raiders??? Please. .

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

"The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. "

Secondly -- it is not being flexed for Vikings Raiders. The issue is that if Bengals-Cardinals is flexed IN then NBC will likely not have the Cardinals on two weeks in a row. I am not sure on the total count of Cardinal prime time games etc but the article's point is they won't be on SNF two weeks in a row. THAT is why they Seahawks - Cardinals game gets flexed out.

This would be furthered by the fact that Seahaws-Cardinals in week 17 could be a major game and zero chance that SNF wants the same matchup TWICE in one season. So flex out of it now, get a better game the week after and have an opportunity for a great game the last week of the season

We will know by November 3rd -- trust me I don't want it to happen. I already bought my airline tickets

Tical21

Reaction score
Well crap, I'd actually appreciate the opportunity to watch Atlanta/Carolina. We're going to roll over Baltimore either way.

taz291819

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1of2oswn said:
Tech Worlds":1of2oswn said:
UK_Seahawk":1of2oswn said:
For purely selfish reasons I would have no problem with this. Some of us have work in the morning.
This.

I just hate night games.

Make that three. Night games on the East Coast suck. I hate going to work on 2 hrs sleep.

I hate the night games as well.

kf3339

Reaction score
taz291819":3p28250m said:
Basis4day":3p28250m said:
kf3339":3p28250m said:
Seattle is a heavily followed team around the country, and very possibly by the time these games happen we could be leading the NFC West. So I think it would have to be a real need for the network and NFL to make this change.

Certainly not something we need to worry about at this point.

They are?

They are here in Alabama. Our local Fox affiliate has been showing the Hawks' games all season.

I speak with business people around the country and when I let them know who I support they always want to talk about the Hawks and this team. 5 years ago this would not happen. 10+ years ago and forget about it.

So yes I do believe their national footprint is far larger than some may believe.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
marko358":1m5g9au5 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/661288405779677184[/tweet]

No mention of Week 10 though. So guess the Cards get back to back SNF games

EDIT: Confirmed, AZ-Sea stays on SNF

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/661289621331042309[/tweet]

marko358

Reaction score
Well at least we get to watch Arizona lose back to back games in primetime.

Latest posts