Glenn Dorsey 49ers Torn ACL

rlkats

Reaction score
Big loss. But at this point might as well start playing all the rookies to see whay we got.

BTW ringless Cardinals look solid. It will be interesting to see the second half of the season between the hawks and cards. Hopefully the hawks dont overreact to a big win against the niners. I think that could be a false sense of security for them as the niners are horrible and play like their pussy coach.

On the flip side I still have reservations that Palmer can stay healthy. So who knows.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
I hate to play the IF game because it works for every team.

But the 49ers do have some young talent right now, that with the right coaching could be some stellar players.
They have a ton of cap space, a great history and location.
If Jed can step up, and let his current coaching staff go and admit his mistake then they could turn around that franchise pretty quick.

I am certainly not saying Gabbert is the answer but he might be good enough if the 49ers can get the defense back up to par and upgrade the OL. I was surprised by some of the throws he made. I think they could be a 10 win team quickly if Jed can man up.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Who knows. I'm not expecting a competitive team in the near future. IF they can lock down the O-Line, add a pass rusher or two and most importantly solve the QB situation (Lynch? Cook? Goff?), then maybe...but there's a lot of holes to fill.

They will have a ton of cap space though regardless of what happens with Kap. If his salary is cleared, you are looking at upwards of 60 mil in cap space. Might be enough to rebuilt the O-Line. We'll see. They also most likely get Anthony Davis back, so probably mostly looking for interior linemen. The also get Kilgore back in a few weeks which should be huge upgrade over the worst starting center in the NFL, Marcus Martin.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":2x757xgp said:
Who knows. I'm not expecting a competitive team in the near future. IF they can lock down the O-Line, add a pass rusher or two and most importantly solve the QB situation (Lynch? Cook? Goff?), then maybe...but there's a lot of holes to fill.

They will have a ton of cap space though regardless of what happens with Kap. If his salary is cleared, you are looking at upwards of 60 mil in cap space. Might be enough to rebuilt the O-Line. We'll see. They also most likely get Anthony Davis back, so probably mostly looking for interior linemen. The also get Kilgore back in a few weeks which should be huge upgrade over the worst starting center in the NFL, Marcus Martin.

Ya I agree Marvin. But I do think if we can hit on a couple of oline guys, a Dline guy or 2, a qb and inside linebacker we shoukd be a ok to good team. Oh ya. BETTER COACHING STAFF AND GM.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Yeah, the issue is that there's actually a lot of things that need to go "right" for the 9ers to have a quick turn around.

The way I think about it is you need to create a list of all the problems (e.g. holes in the lineup that you hope to be filled, coaching and coordinators, players that need to stay healthy, players who you're hoping develop) and then basically expect that you're going to fail on at least 75% of those.

TBF it's also all moot unless the have a QB.

Gabbert through two games has been much better than I execpted him to be --TBF I was expecting nothing -- but he'd be FAR from the first guy who has had a decent game or two before people adjust to him and he regresses to the marginal back up he is; the likely scenario, not saying it's definitive.

rideaducati

Reaction score
rlkats":1h2pclsg said:
Marvin49":1h2pclsg said:

Ya I agree Marvin. But I do think if we can hit on a couple of oline guys, a Dline guy or 2, a qb and inside linebacker we shoukd be a ok to good team. Oh ya. BETTER COACHING STAFF AND GM.

The way that front office and coaching staff is set up now, the niners will have to overpay for every free agent to get them. I have my doubts about either Jed or Baalke being willing to admit mistakes have been made and/or moving on from those mistakes. I can't imagine Baalke giving up any control, which is what it would take to get a good coach to go there and I don't think Jed has the balls to clean house just yet. I think it's going to take another year or two of garbage before changes will be made.

Latest posts