NFC West Week 16 Predictions

ringless

Reaction score
As things stand:
Cardinals 12-2
Seahawks 9-5
Rams 6-8
49ers 4-10

Arizona will be hosting Green Bay this week in what likely could decide the #2 seed in this years playoffs. Arizona has certainly been the more consistent team. In addition they have outscored the Packers offense by 98 points through 14 games while giving up a similar amount on defense. Arizona took a huge hit in losing the #1 Rated CB in the league and DPOY of the year candidate and it could show against Rodgers. Arizona is not expected to have much of a HFA this game as it's been reported that season ticket sellers have been selling their tickets for up to a $350 markup per ticket as the snowbirds come into town. I think AZ still takes this game as they have a little more balance than GB but I would be surprised if they lose either. 30-27 Arizona

The Seahawks will be hosting the Rams this week at Century Link with the chance to wrap up the #5 seed. However the Rams always seem to play Seattle close home and away. Seattle has had a relative buttercup schedule in the back half and I think as a result could certainly be a more challenging game than expected. Ultimately, Seattle knows how to close games out, and the Rams don't. Seahawks win 23-17

The 49ers will travel to Detroit in a game where neither team has anything to play for. I would think Detroit could handle this one at home against the 49ers as they have been playing a little better as of late. The 49ers haven't played well on the road at all this year outside of the anomaly that happened in Chicago. 27-13 Lions

drdiags 40-12
RINGLESS 40-16
RedAlice 39-17
Hawksfansinceday1 38-18 Magic Number to elimination 4
Hasselbeck 34-18 Magic number to elimination 2

Eliminated:
POPEYEJONES 30-13 xxxxxxx
KEARLY 28-16 Magic xxxxxxxx
greenblue_eye's2 27-14 xxxxxxx
Superman28 26-15 xxxxxxxx
Shadowhawk 23-15 xxxxxxxx
REX 24-24 xxxxxxxxx
b8rtm8nn 24-13 xxxxxxxxx
Mizzou 19-9 XXXXXXX
Fade 14-13 XXXXXXX
ClutchDJ 10-9 XXXXXXX
UNCLE SI 8-4 xxx
Largent80 8-5 xxx
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
EDIT .. Diags has the edge on me.. so picking against him to try and make up some ground.. even though I think this will go 0-4

Rams over Seahawks
Packers over Cardinals
Niners over Lions

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I should wait til the Doc and Alice make their picks and then go opposite on one or two to try to gain ground on them but that's just not in the spirit of this season long contest. The idea is to pick who you think is going to win so that's what I'm going to do:

Hawks 27
Team Cheap Shot 16

This could be easier than I'm predicting if Team Cheap Shot gets down early and quits trying to win and instead focuses on trying to hurt Seattle players. I don't think that's how it'll play out which may well actually be a good thing.

Lions 30
4 and 10s.....er, 49ers 16

Lions are playing better, Team Jedthro is not.

Cards 30
Packers 27

If this game were in GB I'd probably take them but it isn't. Expect this to be a good one from a neutral fan's perspective.

drdiags

Reaction score
This could be a weird weekend and if I just wanted to be crazy I could pick a couple of upsets. As Ringless has pointed out a few times, I am just a Johnny come lately so why not ...

Nope.

Packers @ Cards - Cards are flying high and even losing a key member in the Honey Badger, they should be able to limit the Packers and score against the Packers D. This would be one of my upsets but I think the Cards wrap up the 2nd seed.

Cards 13-2

Rams @ Seahawks - The Rams like playing their division rivals tough plus the Rams put up some nice points against a playoff hungry Tampa Bay. This would be my second upset, but no way in Hades am I going to make this pick. Just not worth it. Seahawks win and hopefully only a few bruises.

Seahawks 10-5
Rams 6-9

9ers @ Lions - Lions are playing better lately, though I still cannot believe they gave up a 65-yd Hail Mary due to stupidity. 9ers lose.

9ers 4-11

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
drdiags":1ucx1vex said:
This could be a weird weekend and if I just wanted to be crazy I could pick a couple of upsets. As Ringless has pointed out a few times, I am just a Johnny come lately so why not ...

Nope.

Packers @ Cards - Cards are flying high and even losing a key member in the Honey Badger, they should be able to limit the Packers and score against the Packers D. This would be one of my upsets but I think the Cards wrap up the 2nd seed.

Cards 13-2

Rams @ Seahawks - The Rams like playing their division rivals tough plus the Rams put up some nice points against a playoff hungry Tampa Bay. This would be my second upset, but no way in Hades am I going to make this pick. Just not worth it. Seahawks win and hopefully only a few bruises.

Seahawks 10-5
Rams 6-9

9ers @ Lions - Lions are playing better lately, though I still cannot believe they gave up a 65-yd Hail Mary due to stupidity. 9ers lose.

9ers 4-11

It looks like you and I will go down to the final week for sure. Most likely our Seahawks/Cardinals will be the decider. Unless RedAlice is able to claim an upset this week. Should be fun!

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":3rxjhbys said:
drdiags":3rxjhbys said:

Nope.

Cards 13-2

Seahawks 10-5
Rams 6-9

9ers 4-11

It looks like you and I will go down to the final week for sure. Most likely our Seahawks/Cardinals will be the decider. Unless RedAlice is able to claim an upset this week. Should be fun!

Well, I am absoulutely unable to pick the Hawks over the Rams this week, so ....

Rams win. Even though it's a long shot - it could happen. I would love for it to happen. So, picking the Rams. And, I also hope there are no injuries to either team.

Cards win. GB has been playing weaker and Cards are playing strong.

Not sure yet on Niner/Lions - will update. Probably Lions, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about them this week.

eta update: sticking with the Lions win and SF loss.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
RedAlice":3us9aln3 said:
Yay.

And no injuries too.

You mean aside from the multiple concussions suffered from trying to tackle with their faces.

Rams should also be careful packing up their lockers next week. Lift with your legs folks.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
RedAlice 43-17
drdiags 42-14
RINGLESS 42-18
Hawksfansinceday1 40-20 Magic Number to elimination 1

Eliminated:
Hasselbeck 34-18
POPEYEJONES 30-13 xxxxxxx