Still the best in the NFC WEST

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Works better for issues with the penis than for ligamentous injury. PRP seems to be better for more chronic, inflammatory type injuries. Despite the promise it once had for acute, orthopedic injury, it hasn't panned out when carefully studied. Stem Cells seem to be a better option, if you can harvest and separate out actual stem cells.
Its my understanding that with US "harvesting" laws you have to go abroad to actually get the full benefits of stem cell. Most places seem to feel a 3 day regiment is most effective but that conflicts with harvesting rules.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
1 - I notice you waited until after the announcement before launching your adolescent jab. Woo woo for you.

2 - The final decision won't be made until they are in the operating room, and can evaluate whether the ligament is structurally sound enough for the tape to hold, there is sufficient length remaining in the ligament for a repair to be functional, and there are no bony obstructions to the repair. We always consent patients for TJ surgery when we attempt a repair, because there is no way to know for sure before opening them up.

3 - This idea that TJ is for chronic breakdoen type injuries while repair is for acute tears of a healthy ligament, is ridiculous. Yes chronic injuries are fat less likely to have sufficient ligament quality for a repair, but many times the damage from an acute injury is too bad for a repair.

4 - Having him back for training camp is optimistic, and may well put him at risk for repeat injury. This isn't baseball, where you can control the variables, and ease the player back into his role. This is football where the hits are random. He may be able to tolerate throwing ok, but that arm will be susceptible to further injury. If he were my patient, I would recommend he sit out a 9 to 12 months from any contact.
Article in the athletic about Purdy's recovery:

The Article

Sleep, diet, hydration, and weird stuff with light.