Still the best in the NFC WEST

morgulon1

Reaction score
He's probably not interested in FACTS, Torc.
How quickly 29ers fans forget that Russ was 17-4 against their "best in the west" team.

Right now? Absolutely they are the best in the west. It's that "still" part that is hilarious.
The 19ers are the best at the moment. Seattle is coming for them. It might take another season but a lot hinges on the draft and hopefully Hurtt gets better or gets ran off .

OP
OP
49ersNFCWsBest

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Lets not forget that the Niners ended up with their best player, Roid Bosa, due to having a 4-12 record the year before. The Seahawks will never have the opportunity to draft that high without trading up. Hell, we couldn't even draft that high with RW sh!tting the bed all year in Denver.
Sad for you that you need to resort to Bosa and roids as your biggest argument. 😆

I have a huge smile on my face because you think your argument is why the Seahawks are 2nd place and soon to be 3rd place.

The Rams are coming for you. 😁

OP
OP
49ersNFCWsBest

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Oh I didn’t see it. Yeah I bet the Hawks actually will have a better record and overtake the aging 49 squad but it’s not really that much of a reach
How old are you and how long have you been following " the aging 49ers"? 😆😆😆😆

94Smith

Reaction score
Oh I didn’t see it. Yeah I bet the Hawks actually will have a better record and overtake the aging 49 squad but it’s not really that much of a reach
Ok, the bet is 100 dollars USD. 49ers vs Seahawks, who has the better record 2013 season. Transfer by Paypal friends and family. Do you accept?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ok, the bet is 100 dollars USD. 49ers vs Seahawks, who has the better record 2013 season. Transfer by Paypal friends and family. Do you accept?

Honey on 2013, I’d take your PayPal.

If you’re talking 2023, you can keep your bet but barely and that’s because I’m very conservative better.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, no way in hell I would make that bet. Niners are very likely to be the better team in 2023. After that, I suspect the teams could be pretty even.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Shoot, no way in hell I would make that bet. Niners are very likely to be the better team in 2023. After that, I suspect the teams could be pretty even.
Why not? It’s only a hundred bucks and we’re fixin to stack up this offseason. The 49ers are definitely better on defense but we’ll close the gap this year, even tho we made the playoffs with 7 starting rookies and production from all. I bet if we draft well again it’ll be nip and tuck between the two teams for the division

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
It really depends what each team does at qb.

Odds are that Geno bests Trey if both start. That Brock beats Geno if Brock starts. If we get a rookie at 5, he won’t start, in which case we can only hope to sign Jimmy g as a bridge to even those odds back up.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
It really depends what each team does at qb.

Odds are that Geno bests Trey if both start. That Brock beats Geno if Brock starts. If we get a rookie at 5, he won’t start, in which case we can only hope to sign Jimmy g as a bridge to even those odds back up.
Brock runs their offense proficiently but to say he’s better than Geno is mildly comical. Geno throws downfield as good as mostly anyone in the league but the 49ers entire passing game is predicated on yards after catch, they run it well because their plays are designed to set up blocking schemes wide to free guys on screens and picks. They actually do get away with holding a lot because a lot of their plays take forever to develop. I think Mike Zimmer pointed it out last year when they played the Vikings

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Brock runs their offense proficiently but to say he’s better than Geno is mildly comical. Geno throws downfield as good as mostly anyone in the league but the 49ers entire passing game is predicated on yards after catch, they run it well because their plays are designed to set up blocking schemes wide to free guys on screens and picks. They actually do get away with holding a lot because a lot of their plays take forever to develop. I think Mike Zimmer pointed it out last year when they played the Vikings

Purdy is great on short to intermediate tight throws. He also doesn’t have a security blanket instinct to prefer any particular target. Hes fine with throwing to his running back, tight end, even fullback, whereas Geno threw almost exclusively to wide receivers.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Purdy is great on short to intermediate tight throws. He also doesn’t have a security blanket instinct to prefer any particular target. Hes fine with throwing to his running back, tight end, even fullback, whereas Geno threw almost exclusively to wide receivers.
Geno had 1200 yards throwing to our tight end group which is sufficient and really all you can ask. The 49ers had less than a thousand throwing to their tight ends. I mean the Hawks throw downfield guy. The 49ers do not

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Geno had 1200 yards throwing to our tight end group which is sufficient and really all you can ask. The 49ers had less than a thousand throwing to their tight ends. I mean the Hawks throw downfield guy. The 49ers do not

If that’s the regular season, JimmyG was under center for most of it.