Indianapolis to fire Pagano after season. Edit: or not

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Like it's his fault that team is a MASH unit and Andrew Luck wasn't healthy for more then a single game and they're running out a 40 year old quarterback that saw his best days 10 years ago.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":29b1jebp said:
Like it's his fault that team is a MASH unit and Andrew Luck wasn't healthy for more then a single game and they're running out a 40 year old quarterback that saw his best days 10 years ago.

I think it's totally his fault that they drafted a WR in the 1st round that has had minimal impact when their defense is terrible.

Wait, what ?

yes, I agree with you MHG. It seems like Grigson isn't the greatest personnel guy, and since Irsay is a drug using idiot, he's not paying attention (or doesn't know better) so Grigson is smoking Pagano to save his job.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Colts blew it when they kept Pagano and let Arians get away.

Not a surprise he's gone, especially after that fake punt fiasco a few weeks back. They were the laughingstock of the sports world for that. Jimmy Oxycodone.....er, Irsay probably didn't take kindly to that.

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":msga8a92 said:
Colts blew it when they kept Pagano and let Arians get away.

Not a surprise he's gone, especially after that fake punt fiasco a few weeks back. They were the laughingstock of the sports world for that. Jimmy Oxycodone.....er, Irsay probably didn't take kindly to that.

How and why would you fire a coach in after his first year in which he was diagnosed with lukemia and missed most of the year to beat it?

The fact this is out before the season is over shows how truly dysfunctional this organization is. Had I been Luck I would have gone Eli Manning.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I blame Grigson more than anything.The coach has no control over who that idiot drafted or signed..They have no defense,too much offense and holes on the OL.I thought they learned from the PM years that defense wins titles.Instead
they keep going offense and more offense.The QB situation really didn't matter this year,Hass saved them a few losses after Luck lost his mojo.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I can almost hear the collective "why did we let Arians go?" coming from the middle of the country.

Lithium

Reaction score
I think, in hindsight, the best move would have been to name Arians the headcoah and keep Pagano as Assistant HC and D-Coordinator. It was a tough situation im sure they would have liked to keep Arians but how can you fire a coach that never got a chance and just went through what he did. Oh well, just glad we aren't in that mess.

Rob12

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":128cixqp said:

This. Firing Pagano is a dumb call. Indy is just looking for a scapegoat and he fits the bill.

It's a shame.

Rob12

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":18kefv9z said:

Good read. Pagano isn't the problem; Grigson is. Trading for Richardson and giving up a first round pick was unforgivable as a GM. For comparison sake, we got Marshawn Lynch for a fourth round pick.

Anyway, the article does a good job articulating the fact that Grigson, not Pagano, was the problem.

Pagano is a scapegoat; a sacrificial lamb to the fans to show them that the organization is doing something after a down year. But he's not the problem.

Glad we're not them.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rob12":16b5e5te said:
Bigbadhawk":16b5e5te said:

Good read. Pagano isn't the problem; Grigson is. Trading for Richardson and giving up a first round pick was unforgivable as a GM. For comparison sake, we got Marshawn Lynch for a fourth round pick.

Anyway, the article does a good job articulating the fact that Grigson, not Pagano, was the problem.

Pagano is a scapegoat; a sacrificial lamb to the fans to show them that the organization is doing something after a down year. But he's not the problem.

Glad we're not them.

I absolutely agree. Grigson won the NFL Exec of the Year award in 2012 and all he did was draft Andrew Luck with the #1 pick. I'm 99.9999% sure that if any of us or the other 31 teams' GMs would have done the same, if in the same position. The GM who deserved that award was John Schneider. He took a 7-9 team to 11-5 record and divisional playoff game with a 3rd round QB from the 2012 draft.....not the 1st pick that draft. Grigson is the "Tim Ruskell" of the Colts. He's basically Ruskelled them.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2julbcl0 said:

His firing is all personal.

Posts above are correct, and what we all got from this whole Irsay debacle: Arians leading the Cards.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
They brought in a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball and built the offense around their young captain amazing QB. He stumbled a bit then was injured but the team has been good enough to win some in his absence. I guess I don't understand why they are firing the coach?

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmmm, so who's getting fired the GM? Although a person trusting Irsay is dangerous, he could wake up tomorrow and think he was under the influence and retract on the offer.