How does Chip Kelly to the Whiners impact the Hawks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I never thought Kaep was a good fit for Kelly's offense. Obviously, he can run the read-option, but his throwing mechanics are too deliberate and slow to throw the quick horizontal passes off the RO fake. This is a big part of Chip's offense that sort of goes unnoticed. It's why Sam Bradford, noted as having one of the quickest releases in the NFL, was a fit for Kelly over someone like Tyrod Taylor, who was also available.

Biggest impact -- a weak defense in the NFC West. Two games where we can put up some monster passing and rushing numbers.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love it. I think it helps restore that venom that is necessary for a good rivalry. A douchey coach we can hate. That was ironically the reason I was sad to see Harbaugh go. Not only was he a good coach that made the 49ers a decent rivalry, but he was so easy to hate.

Kelly has the potential to restore that aspect of the rivalry.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Moving to the NFL forum despite the OP's tie into the Seahawks.

mikeak

Reaction score
The good thing for Chip is that the 49ers got ahead and made sure to get rid of all talented players. This saves Chip a year of looking good before trending downwards.

kearly

Reaction score
It's a big if, but if Kelly is able to create an effective offense in SF and the team doesn't quit on him, then I think this move would be a net positive for Seattle. The Seahawks have had a lot of success against teams using spread concepts relative to the rest of the league.

Arizona, on the other hand, has showed some vulnerability against top end spread offenses, as evidenced by the two games against Seattle this year and the 511 yards they gave up to Chip Kelly in 2014. Arizona did blow the doors off against Philly this season, but it's legit to wonder if the Eagles had quit on their coach by the time that game was played.

It will be fun to see Kelly in a division that is shifting more towards an emphasis on offense. If he can build something quickly like he did in Philly then it will be fun seeing more shootout games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts