Coaches on the Hot Seat

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Red Hot:

Colts-Pagano-his story was inspirational 2 years ago but his coaching isn't....

Chargers-Mccoy-How does this guy still have a job?

Lions-Caldwell-not looking good for him, they really miss Megatron...Tate can't be a number one.

Getting warm:

Cards-Arians-what is going on in Arizona? From SB pick to being in last place.

Niners-Kelly-Could Chip be one and done in SC?

Titans-Mularkey-isn't that slang for bullshit?

Safe for at least a week-

Jax-Bradley- a win today likely saved his job.

Browns-Jackson-does it even matter who is coaching the Browns?

Gase-Fins-Not even an QB genius could improve Tannenhill....

getnasty

Reaction score
I'd throw Sean Peyton in the mix, not sure how you can have that bad of defense but a lot of it should fall on him.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Pagano should have been let go last season. But to be fair, it isn't all his fault, the GM has built a REALLY bad team.

McCoy is definitely on the hot seat.

Gus Bradley is definitely on the hot seat. I think if they finish under .500 he is probably gone.

Dolphins have looked uninspired all season long, something you wouldn't expect from a team with a new coach.

If Cinci misses the playoffs, I think they move on from Marvin Lewis. Not because he is a bad coach, but just because he has been there so long and sometimes you need a change of scenery. Something similar to Philly letting go of Andy Reid or the Giants letting go of Tom Coughlin.

Sean Payton is definitely on the hot seat. For some reason he always gets a pass. Probably because he is more responsible for the offense and not that horrible defense.

Hue Jackson and Chip Kelly are safe IMO. No one expects them to win. Hue gets an even bigger pass now that he is down to his third string QB.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Jackson, Case, and Kelly aren't getting fired this season

Threedee

Reaction score
McCoy had two strong seasons in SD and then fell apart last season. Why were people on about him being in the hot seat, though? Now, I can understand why they're still saying it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":1sr36yha said:
Jackson, Case, and Kelly aren't getting fired this season
The Chipster might not get fired but if the Niners FO and ownership are dysfunctional as some
of us think, and Oregon keeps sucking, if Wealthy Uncle Phil comes at him
with a open checkbook I could see him quiting and going back to Oregon.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Browns need to give Hue a few seasons to get his players. He's a good coach with a pitiful roster at the moment.

I don't know why Pagano is still their coach. They need to start over, outside of Luck and their WR's, that is one talentless team. They've benefitted from a bad division and get blown out whenever they face good teams, which has padded Luck's stats throwing 40 times in the second half.

Gus needs to start winning. Their losses have been close this year but that roster in that division should be better.

Sean Payton is interesting, they still field a very solid offense but what they've done the past few years defensively is an embarrassment. In their winning seasons, they had an average defense but I remember they got big turnovers a lot. Even if fired I'm sure he would get a lot of attention as a new HC but all of that comes from his offense. I think he'd need to go somewhere with an already decent defense.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
My God the Colts are an awful team. How Pagano still has a job is beyond me..

If I was Andrew Luck I would have pulled a LeBron and threatened to leave if they don't start getting better players in there (not that he's that good - but he could have had the Colts over a barrel here).

The Colts only got one super bowl win out of Peyton Manning because their defense was atrocious most of his tenure there....it seems like the past is repeating itself, although this time it will be zero because they're pairing an inept offense with their atrocious defense.

I would fire Pagano NOW

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Agreed that Hue is a good coach. The Browns have been competitive in every game this year except the game QB'ed by RG3 in week 1 (just shows how bad he is). They probably should have beaten the Ravens in week 2. If not for a missed field goal at the end in Miami, they should have beat the Dolphins. And they were leading at one point in the second half in Washington. Not bad for a team that is without their two best WR's and are down to their 3rd string QB.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think Sean Payton is overrated. He usually has a terrible defense. Is he really an offensive genius, or is Brees more responsible for their offensive success? For as good as their offense has been, it hasn't been good enough to overcome their bad defense. Ultimately coaches have to be judged by their win-loss record and playoff success.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1sbai52c said:
The Chipster might not get fired but if the Niners FO and ownership are dysfunctional as some

Did I just hear JSeahawks shiver in ecstacy?

ivotuk

Reaction score
They need to fire McCoy and promote Whiz to HC on a prove it deal.

Whisenhunt took a perennial cellar dweller and turned them in to a Superbowl team. He completely changed the psyche of the Cardinals, and their ownership. I credit him with them becoming a legitimate team.

I think he could do great things for the Chargers, but he needs his chance, and he also needs to put a lot of attention on the defensive side. If he does get hired, the smart move would be to find someone off of Pete's staff to make a DC.

I'm afraid Rechard (Richards) is going to be stolen away from us next year as a HC. Who knows, might even be SD.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":2bowv0eu said:
Sports Hernia":2bowv0eu said:

Did I just hear JSeahawks shiver in ecstacy?
Probably had a Chipgasm. I've noticed the Kleenex is missing. 8)