Cry Baby Ben

ivotuk

Reaction score
What a crock. I don't see them losing days in camp because of contact.

We have a lot of injuries,” Roethlisberger said on 93.7 The Fan Tuesday. “I think a lot of our stuff stems from we’re one of the most physical football teams in training camp, in practice, you know. We do more hitting than most teams do and more [practices in] pads.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ben- ... ies-101216

HawkGA

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3a6l0ty1 said:
he forgot to add most sexual assaults committed that you can get away with....

That's what he meant by hitting.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
He was asked a question, and he answered it. Not whining. But of course, we have to spin it because they're our enemies.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3b764v03 said:
He was asked a question, and he answered it. Not whining. But of course, we have to spin it because they're our enemies.

probably because most people here think Big Ben is a piece of shit.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
ivotuk":3k48ez37 said:
What a crock. I don't see them losing days in camp because of contact.

We have a lot of injuries,” Roethlisberger said on 93.7 The Fan Tuesday. “I think a lot of our stuff stems from we’re one of the most physical football teams in training camp, in practice, you know. We do more hitting than most teams do and more [practices in] pads.”

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/ben- ... ies-101216

I thought our team was the most physical, how many times have the league taken away our training camp days because they play too physical.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":9isunhbp said:

No, it's because he claims they do more hitting and wearing pads than most teams and nothing happens to them.

Meanwhile, we get fined and get a draft pick taken away due to two guys accidentally hitting helmets while going after a loose ball. Which is ridiculous to the extreme.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hawks46":1lozp47z said:
No, it's because he claims they do more hitting and wearing pads than most teams and nothing happens to them.

Meanwhile, we get fined and get a draft pick taken away due to two guys accidentally hitting helmets while going after a loose ball. Which is ridiculous to the extreme.
I heard it was two guys NOT wearing helmets. Pete also made that decision the previous year in response to the first punishment. His thinking was that players would be less inclined to go all out. But your point stands that it was accidental contact and the punishment was ridiculous to the extreme.

So yeah, will there be an investigation into the Steelers? All teams' hitting and wearing pads were capped by the CBA. I'm sure Roger will be all over this one... destroying practice tapes immediately before a press release saying the tapes contained no violations anyway so no one else needed to see them, followed by a timid admission that he had not seen the tapes, followed by a firm backpedal of "what tapes?" :roll:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ The CBA regulates the maximum amount of time teams can spend full contact/full pads.

A lot of teams do less than that (e.g. have a full contact session after spending most of practice in non-contact position drills on a "full contact" day). It's the same deal during the season.

I don't follow the Steelers close enough to know what they're doing in practices (and none of us know once the season starts as the sessions are closed to the media for obvious reasons) but I really don't see this as crying or whining about anything.

He's a great, great QB who I think is probably a huge POS, but I don't see anything objectionable at all about answering this question or how he answered it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2tdxekrf said:
Hawks46":2tdxekrf said:

I heard it was two guys NOT wearing helmets. Pete also made that decision the previous year in response to the first punishment. His thinking was that players would be less inclined to go all out. But your point stands that it was accidental contact and the punishment was ridiculous to the extreme.

So yeah, will there be an investigation into the Steelers? All teams' hitting and wearing pads were capped by the CBA. I'm sure Roger will be all over this one... destroying practice tapes immediately before a press release saying the tapes contained no violations anyway so no one else needed to see them, followed by a timid admission that he had not seen the tapes, followed by a firm backpedal of "what tapes?" :roll:
Co-Commissioner Rooney is not amused by your post.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Popeyejones":h6ly42fc said:
^^^ The CBA regulates the maximum amount of time teams can spend full contact/full pads.

A lot of teams do less than that (e.g. have a full contact session after spending most of practice in non-contact position drills on a "full contact" day). It's the same deal during the season.

... I don't see anything objectionable at all about answering this question or how he answered it.
Thanks for the CBA clarification. And I agree, no prob with Ben's answer. I do feel that if anyone from a team not called Steelers, Giants, Packers or Cowboys said the same thing, an ensuing investigation would be unsurprising.

hawksfansinceday1":h6ly42fc said:
Co-Commissioner Rooney is not amused by your post.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I just dont want to know what pads he wears. That would be advertising for a company that I dont wanna know about.

irocdave

Reaction score
Maybe he was referring to breaking Cadillac windshields with his head with no helmet again? Yea, that happened.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Ben has a torn meniscus. He's likely out for this week, but is expected to return following their week 8 bye. Knowing how tough Ben is, wouldn't shock me if he played this week. As much as we don't like Ben on this forum, the guy is a gamer.