Josh Norman sounds off on the zebras

RussB

Reaction score
I know this is not from a seahawk but its relevant to the seahawks because they have been victims of terrible officiating. glad to see some players in the league finally bring it up. Zebras are sissfying football and ruining it. Hope some of the seahawks come out soon and say something as well.
[youtube]9bedN4mlXy0[/youtube]

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Hope he understands that a nice envelope will be in his locker this week from the nfl. It will make his wallet a little lighter but I agree with him. It is so hard to watch games when you think it is tilted before they start with the help of the officials.
I think we need to start opening the play book and leaving no doubt and blowing teams out so when the penalties come they will have little impact

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":33mnucyp said:
Hope he understands that a nice envelope will be in his locker this week from the nfl. It will make his wallet a little lighter but I agree with him. It is so hard to watch games when you think it is tilted before they start with the help of the officials.
I think we need to start opening the play book and leaving no doubt and blowing teams out so when the penalties come they will have little impact

Another stupid thing. Fine players for being outspoken in the business they are in.

They are being outspoken on something directly related to their job, so I don't mind it. If it wasn't something separate thats where the league should be able to fine.

The NFL will fine him for speaking bad words about them though, even though the fans are starting to feel the same way.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":1whjgn7c said:
NFL brass will probably give him a hefty fine for that. Might even be suspended. Agree about the seahawks too, they need to start demolishing teams so flags wont make a difference, any close game is at risk of refs ruining it. It really pisses me off that refs never get any sort of disciplinary action for when they screw up and do it blatantly yet the players do for not even doing anything.

No fun league indeed,

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Just watched an OPI against philly which the refs killed their drive. Receiver blocked too far down the field....they say a yard and half. The missed call against us was 2 yards or more and should have been called on such a impactful play but nothing...that is why we need to start taking shots down field like other teams and hope for defensive holding or pass interference. Use the rule book against other teams for a change

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The refs are killing this game. Just let the athletes play! Sure throw flags to protect player safety, but this ticky-tacky inconsistent, drive-killing, momentum killing BS needs to stop. Nobody wants to see guys like Ed Hochuli take over a game.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So I turn on the TV to watch the other football game tonight.

First thing I see? A little yellow indicator at the bottom that says "Flag".

If this does not indicate the problem I have no idea what does.

How many snaps on average does a typical NFL team manage before a flag is thrown?

And what are the numbers for the same answer historically by decade? It feels like we are seeing more flags than normal at times.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2fwa6nwp said:
So I turn on the TV to watch the other football game tonight.

First thing I see? A little yellow indicator at the bottom that says "Flag".

If this does not indicate the problem I have no idea what does.

How many snaps on average does a typical NFL team manage before a flag is thrown?

And what are the numbers for the same answer historically by decade? It feels like we are seeing more flags than normal at times.
The past 2 seasons its really gotten worse. NFL trying to sissify the game and make it to safe due to concussions and injuries. They dont get that its a physical contact sport no matter what they do they cant change it. As a result its penalty overhaul.

nategreat

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1pohp6kh said:
The refs are killing this game. Just let the athletes play! Sure throw flags to protect player safety, but this ticky-tacky inconsistent, drive-killing, momentum killing BS needs to stop. Nobody wants to see guys like Ed Hochuli take over a game.

Don't blame the refs, blame Roger Goodell and his "holier than thou" savior-laden reproach to the game. The refs are just doing what they're told to do.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
nategreat":39rpvwt0 said:
Reaneypark":39rpvwt0 said:

Don't blame the refs, blame Roger Goodell and his "holier than thou" savior-laden reproach to the game. The refs are just doing what they're told to do.

You're right. Goodell seems to want to turn the NFL into some kind of WWE farce where crappy officiating is just another cheap-heat story line for the rubes to eat up.

chet380

Reaction score
The Raiders had 24 penalties called against them (and still won!) -- at least half of them were "ticky-tack".

A travesty.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1pxzq3r6 said:
cdn hawk fan":1pxzq3r6 said:

Another stupid thing. Fine players for being outspoken in the business they are in.

They are being outspoken on something directly related to their job, so I don't mind it. If it wasn't something separate thats where the league should be able to fine.

The NFL will fine him for speaking bad words about them though, even though the fans are starting to feel the same way.

Has any player sued the NFL for violating their right to free speech? It might be time.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":198j7jdt said:
NFSeahawks628":198j7jdt said:
cdn hawk fan":198j7jdt said:

Has any player sued the NFL for violating their right to free speech? It might be time.

Good lord, free speech. You should look up what that actually means. If the US government is staying out of it, nothing is being violated.

Boycie

Reaction score
RussB":14mkyrah said:
I know this is not from a seahawk but its relevant to the seahawks because they have been victims of terrible officiating. glad to see some players in the league finally bring it up. Zebras are sissfying football and ruining it. Hope some of the seahawks come out soon and say something as well.
[youtube]9bedN4mlXy0[/youtube]

Well if he wasn't wearing the scarf of such a shit team, then I might take him seriously. :sarcasm_on:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The players are in a union. Their real recourse vis. free speech is filing a union grievance.

London12

Reaction score
Norman is a man of fine taste. He even brought Paul Pogba out with him.

I like that so many big name players are calling the refs out.

Latest posts